How many times a day do you think about your death?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Sparkofbliss, Oct 4, 2011.

?

How many time a day you think of your death?

1. Always

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Only when see dead or hear about death.

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Never

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. kx000 Valued Senior Member

What do you know about death? My theory on it is that its just like life but it goes wayyyyyy slower, and only some, like me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, get to truly experience as a singular being, were most people are thrown into the reincarnation pool. God, take it from here

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Whenever I read posts like the above and realise just how stupid deluded some people can be.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

They ask?:shrug:

Back in my salad days I racked up about 30 people, just by asking.

For those members who have trouble with this, it really is a numbers game, like sales: average 14 rejections to one sale...

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Never, because there is no point dwelling on it

8. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Precisely.

The time to dwell may come if one is diagnosed with a terminal illness.

The unforeseen can claim us on a moment's notice and if one is less than attentive to their circumstances, that moment could come sooner than later.

The failing health of others will precipitate thoughts of how their passing will affect one's own life and relationships, but I do not contemplate my own death in such terms.

It is difficult to conceptualize an experience that one has not had personally. In the course of time, one may become aware of many different ways that death comes to people, yet life is for living, not for the contemplation of death, in my opinion.

Each life is unique and so I might theorize that each death is also unique.

Time to cross that bridge when the eventuality arrives.

Until then, each day is a gift.....make of it what you will.

9. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I view death as simply non-existence. This really is the one-and-only chance to truly live. I assume that anything you do in this life wont matter in the end, but it does influence the quality of your life as you live it. I know many would argue my assertion that we are in "Heaven" now, but I think it is a valid point that nowhere else will we have the opportunity to experience all that life offers.

Pleasure
    Pain
    Love
    Hate
    Happiness
    Sadness
    Success
    Failure
    Etc...

The list is very extensive and is a virtual trove of possibilities.

I do think about death often, but that's because I'm near or past the middle of my time here. It doesn't frighten me; however, I do prefer that my demise is a casual affair rather than something more brutal.

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Your deluded if you think you know what your talking about right now, I said its a theory, and a very possible one at that. Good day, sir.

11. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Yeah, if you have a terminal illness, dwell on it then, you'll have plenty of time to.

12. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I have a friend that goes by that logic lol

Words of wisdom from my friend Brandon to my friend Mike..."If you keep trying, eventually you'll find a slut you'll get lucky with,"

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It's not a theory, it's unfounded speculation.
    And it's hardly "possible".

14. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Exactly. I say if your not getting rejected your trying hard enough. If you get rejected 49 times for that one kiss then your doing a hell of a lot better than 50% of the male population

15. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Go on, please.

16. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

A theory is an explanation of observed facts. Since you have neither facts nor an explanation (just a claim) then there is no theory.
    As for "possible", what evidence do you have to support your speculation that death is "like life but it goes wayyyyyy slower" or that ANYONE gets to "truly experience as a singular being" OR for reincarnation?
    What makes you think any of those are "very possible"?

17. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I observe that no one knows anything about death, so anything is possible, and my possibility is possible, because we dont know anything about death except your not alive and your body will go back to the dust.

18. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

He's right...
    I usually got lucky with guys....I have subsequently thought perhaps guys were generally more slutty

Women were harder to pick up...But the supposedly straight ones would flirt too-confused the crap out of me.
    I wonder how often people think about having sex anyway, I figure I do once about every 20 minutes or so, just idly. Sounds like a great stupid poll question!
    :itold:

I moronically managed to get in front of a pickup truck on a bicycle...when I stopped getting asphalt in my back and they stopped rolling...I could not look straight up and see the bumper of the truck, but the radiator fan was blowing down on my (yes) unhelmeted forehead.

I was tired from the ride to karate class, then the class itself, I wasn't thinking straight.

Not the first time I've nearly been dead, but that would have been perhaps the most abrupt way to go.

19. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

So by your "logic" it's equally "possible" that we turn into eight-legged bananas and join a rock band.
    Way to go...

20. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I guess, but do you actually think that?

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I'd say it's just as likely as your claim.
    In fact I'm going shopping tomorrow to choose my stage outfit.

22. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Wrong. We have accounts of near death experiences were people experienced God, or even witnessing life happen from above. My mom, when she was very young had a operation on her back that could have killed her. To this day she swears to me she died on the operation table because she says she has a vivid memory of the operation taking place, watching it from above seeing her own body being cut open.. now how else could she have had this experience as she was heavily sedated obviously.

Just to add, I am down to be an 8-legged banana in a rock band when I die.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Oops.

No we don't.
    We have accounts of claims (which happen to be unsupported and unverified).
    Google for DMT and check how it's produced and what its effects are. These are more than likely drug-induced hallucinations.

So, basically, you're making claims based on ignorance...