How many times a day do you think about killing people?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Roman, Oct 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, ye're abnormal!! ...either that or you've never been in contact with any other humans! And either way, that still means that ye're abnormal.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

I'm a tongueincheeker... serious business.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Quote c20
    "I fantasized heavily about killing my ex-wife and her lover shortly after their affair. This was much more to do with having my daughter taken away from me though. i wanted them to know that it wasn't ok, that the pain I felt would never abate and I felt they should pay for it, not get off scott free. I wanted to hang them both from a high tower by their hands and say as I cut through the rope 'Not a nice feeling, your life being cut away from you is it?"

* Struth! I could have written this friend.

I undertsand how you felt. And I suppose I understand how you feel now.

* I would kill to protect my loved ones. Evolution runs through my blood as surely as it runs through the veins of a Rhinoceros. Don`t come anything near a Rhino with young uns.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Yo Cotton,

* Remember the South African/SWAPO conflict in north Namibia (then South West Africa) and Angola?

8. Glenn Registered Member

9. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Almost never. Maybe once a year I'll contemplate it, but that's about it. There's no one that I actually want to kill, besides racists.

10. Jinoda Registered Senior Member

I usually get a strong urge to break things that other people own, but for no real discernable reason. Especially camera lenses, mirrors, glasses, windows, etc. I've often imagined myself jamming a finger into a camera lens and tickling the image sensor/film.

I don't know why I think things like that, but it certainly makes my daydreaming interesting.

11. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

I can't comprehend this - that people frequently think about killing people.

Perhaps it is my analytical nature but I always see issues and potential enemies as challenges and problems to solve through reason. Perhaps this also relates to my inability to experience anger or to understand anger in others.

However, I have considered issues where I would need to defend myself and my family and I would have no trouble or hesitation at killing an attacker where there was no choice. But that was a stance I decided for myself decades ago and have found no need to revisit.

Interestingly I am a skilled marksman and go shooting regularly. At my local shooting range there is a wide range of target shapes, many are of people, either individuals or groups. I have never used those since I enjoy the sport as a personal challenge rather than as a mechanism for killing people. There is certainly an emotional satisfaction when handling and using such machinery.

More recently I have spent some $15$ on an SLR camera and lenses and now frequently go on long shoots - interestingly the emotional satisfaction of shooting a gun or shooting a camera are almost indistinguishable.

Sorry I'm rambling. But I cannot help but to conclude that those who frequently harbor thoughts of killing are seriously disturbed.

12. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Jinoda,

I've also seen this in people and it is often portrayed on TV. I equally find such outbursts as incomprehensible - an emotion I have never experienced.

13. Gustav Banned Banned

while i do not find it incomprehensible, i share chris's sentiments (analysis and reason)
    i note the emotions but refuse to acknowledge it is me.
    it is like.....

hey look at gustav feel this or that
    in the end. the choice to indulge is a calculated one
    one bourne out of reason and logic

i take for granted that there are those that can harm
    the strategy is to ignore/maneuver/negotiate/resolve
    the last resort is to kill

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

That you can not comprehend it, does not mean that it doesn't happen. And, honestly, that people do, in fact, kill other people should be perfectly obvious to you. So you have the reality of people killing people, then surely you must be able to see/comprehend that there are, in fact, people who DO think about killing other people. Thus, how is it that you can't comprehend it?

Baron Max

15. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Baron,

That I have no personal experience on which to draw a meaningful understanding. E.g. a small child might observe a sex act and understand that it occurs but will have no comprehension of the sensations.

16. Gustav Banned Banned

i think a subjective experence can often color or taint an objective analysis of the same event or phenomena. it does not necessarily lead to a greater understanding. instead, it often sets the basis on which biases are formed

17. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Gustav,

No you are quite wrong. A direct experience of something is infinitely superior than a non-experienced obective analysis. Note that one can still remain objective about a direct experience.

Now, being objective about emotions takes some practice and something I have experimented with most of my life - often looking inwards at my emotions like an external objective oberserver.

18. Gustav Banned Banned

i know you have, hal old chap

no seriously, i think you should be able to acknowledge the truth of my statements while maintaining yours. i do not see any contradictory info being offered up on your part.

i was not making any definitive observations

19. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Not specifically. Tell me more.

20. Paraclete Banned Banned

Only twice this year - both times it was my neighbour bothering me.

I live in an apartment and the guy below me is a musician -or at least he think he is ...
    After 5-6 hours with my furniture vibrating from his loud music - even after I have told him to reduce the volume - I only have 2 choices - visit somebody else or fantasise his violent death by my hand - I even managed to plan the perfect murder on him - how not to leave any clues after me and disposing of the body so no traces (not even DNA) could be found , but then he stopped playing that evening, before I could kill him .....
    What a shame ............

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I don't think about actually killing people; the only person I have a right to kill is myself, and I try not to dwell on that too much. To the other, there are days when I wouldn't mind hearing that entire cities disappeared from the Earth. The day Los Angeles sinks into the sea, I will nod and smile into my pint, or at least duck for cover as Seattle shakes itself to nothing. When plagues sweep through New York, I will suppress my sadness for the suffering children with the comfort of knowing some abstract justice has come to those who bore them. If Jerusalem ever burns to the ground, I will raise a toast in hope that the violence centered around Abramic montheism can finally be done. When a certain man I know dies, I will get stinking drunk and piss on his grave. As a matter of fact, the day he dies, I will consider a one-time exploration of necrophilia. Truly, try anything twice, once to say you did it and again to see if you like it, but ... I can't see how fucking dead flesh will be any more exciting than mounting my current partner. Oh, yeah, the revenge of the blind and stupid. Something like that.

22. CANGAS Registered Senior Member

Roman: Including today?

Why are you such a queryilous person?

Why are you querying?

Is the only thing you know to do, to query?

Are you begging to be queryied?

Are you just a query?

"Not that anything's wrong with THAT."

Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  23. Krieg Order Registered Senior Member

I think about killing people every minute of the day, but of course this is natural since man is a natural killing machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.