How many of you meditate?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by m0rl0ck, Aug 20, 2002.

1. spookz Banned Banned

no need to be bashful old boy
    meditation has been known to inflame hemorrhoids
    you are not alone

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rick Valued Senior Member

Empty Dragon,

Thanks for taking interest.i will spill the complete details within couple of hours so please check on...

bye!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rick Valued Senior Member

DISCLAMER:This has been edited and modified suitably without adding any extra content off course from me for educational use
    not for any monetary reasons...

What is Sahaja Yoga ?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A knowledge of the roots
    Sahaja Yoga is a method of meditation which brings a breakthrough in the evolution of human awareness. It was created by Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi in 1970 and has since spread all around the world.
    In Shri Mataji's own words: "Global unity of mankind can be achieved through this awakening that can occur within each human being, so that transformation takes place within us. By this process a person becomes moral, united, integrated and balanced. One actually gets the experience of the feeling of the all-pervading divine power as cool breeze. "Know thyself" is the main theme of all the scriptures - it becomes evident and one reaches the absolute understanding of oneself.

Thus one becomes peaceful and joyous in life. One becomes collective as a drop falling into the ocean of compassion. This method works for the multitudes and not individually. Of course one cannot pay for the experience of Divine Love. Moreover, it is the last breakthrough of our evolution. This is the actualization of such transformation, which is taking place now, worldwide, and has been proved and experienced by hundreds of thousands in over 85 countries."

The next step in our collective evolution
    This inner awakening is called by many names: Self Realization, Second Birth, Enlightenment, Liberation, Moksha, Satori and it is the goal of all religions and spiritual traditions of the world. This knowledge is ancient, but for a long time it was available only to a few souls, being kept secret and transmitted from guru to disciple, since Self Realization was extremely difficult to achieve. In these modern times, through Sahaja ("spontaneous") Yoga ("union with one's Self"), this experience has become effortless and available to everyone, for the first time in the history of human spirituality.
    The advent of Sahaja Yoga was prophesized a long time ago in many of the world's spiritual traditions and religions (see the section on Prophecies and Fulfillments). At the same time, in these modern times many seekers of Truth have been deluded into following various false, self-proclaimed "gurus" who are either money or power oriented, but not Spirit oriented (here is a guide on how to recognize them).

Through the practice of Sahaja Yoga, our awareness gains a new dimension where absolute truth can be felt tangibly - on our central nervous system. As a result of this happening, our spiritual ascent takes place effortlessly and physical, mental and emotional balance are achieved as a byproduct of this growth of our awareness.

We then realize that we are not this body, mind, ego, conditionings, emotions or intellect, but something of an eternal nature which is always residing in our heart in a pure, undisturbed state - the Self or Spirit. The Spirit is the source of true knowledge, peace and joy. Self Realization is the actualization of this connection with our Spirit, which as Shri Mataji advocates, is the birthright of every human being.

How does this happen ?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi's own words, "Everyday we see seeds sprouting, flowers blooming, fruits ripening, but we do not want to think how it happens. There is a power that does this work, it is the all pervading power of Divine Love. Now the time has come to feel this power through the instrument within us. This instrument has no use unless it is connected to the mains. We do not know our potential, our beauty, but once this connection with the mains is established, we will be surprised at the dynamic results.
    At the outset we have to understand that this connection is not mental. Through religion this connection cannot be made because religion also is mental. However, human awareness can be developed to a higher dimension through Sahaja Yoga which is not a mental projection. It is a becoming. This is the last step in our evolution. Whatever we have achieved in our evolution has to manifest through our central nervous system.

When the foetus is about 2 to 3 months old in the mother's womb, columns of rays of consciousness emitted through the all pervading power of Divine Love, pass through the brain to enlighten it. The shape of the brain being prism-like, the column of rays falling on it gets refracted into four diverse channels corresponding to the four aspects of the nervous system. They are (see the section on Chakras and Channels):

Sympathetic nervous system - right side
    Sympathetic nervous system - left side
    Parasympathetic nervous system
    Central nervous system
    The subtle energy enters through the centers in the brain and precipitates on its way to six more centers called chakras. The residual energy then settles down in three and a half coils in the triangular bone placed at the end of the spinal cord (sacrum bone), known as Kundalini. The fundamental of this living force is self-organization, self-regeneration and ascent. Through self-organization it sustains and protects. Self-regeneration is its innate ability to renew, heal, balance and recycle. Ascent is its capacity to transcend the mind and myth and attain collective consciousness."

How is Sahaja Yoga different from other types of Yoga?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sahaja Yoga is different from the other types of Yoga because it begins with Self Realization instead of this being the unobtainable dream of a distant goal.
    Traditionally, a guru used to have only a handful of disciples and look after their growth for a lifetime, guiding their inner cleansing day by day. Few souls were able to achieve Self Realization after many years of passing through various stages (yama, niyama, breathing techniques, postures, etc.). For those few souls, it was like trying to cleanse a completely obscure room without having any light.

In these modern times - that Shri Mataji calls as the Blossom Times because of the state achieved by human consciousness collectively - she has devised a method by which this happening (Self Realization) is achieved spontaneously (Sahaja), without any effort. A little light is then lit within us (a new dimension becomes available to our awareness) and through Sahaja Yoga meditation we can then grow much faster, without having to go through any penances, while living normal lives amidst our own families and societies.

This is because, in the light of the new awareness, we become our own gurus, our own guides. After Self Realization, we are able to feel a gentle cool breeze flowing above the head and also from the center of our palms. We can feel on our fingertips any blockages in our energetic centers and are able to clear them using this energy which has been awakened in us (Kundalini). Moreover. we become collectively conscious, i.e. we can feel others' centers and cure them as well. The fact that we are all part and parcel of the Whole becomes a tangible reality in our day to day life.

Becoming one with the pure Spirit in us is the ultimate goal of human life described in various terms in all religions and spiritual traditions of the world. Self Realization is the first step: once this connection is initially established, it needs to be nourished with our attention and regular meditation, enabling us to find out why we are here and to ultimately fulfill the destiny of our life.

Kundalini, vibrations and Self Realization
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kundalini is the power of pure desire within us, a motherly and soothing spiritual energy which lies dormant at the base of the spine in the sacrum bone (the ancient civilizations knew that in this bone resides a sacred energy).
    Self Realization is the awakening of the Kundalini through the central channel, piercing through the six chakras above the sacrum bone and emerging at the top of the head (fontanelle bone area) as a gentle "fountain" of coolness. The word fontanelle itself means "little fountain" which shows again the ancient knowledge about this phenomenon of Self Realization.

Self Realization has always been the ultimate goal of all religions and spiritual traditions of the world, but was extremely difficult to attain in the past. It has now become a mass phenomenon achieved effortlessly through Sahaja Yoga, which is Shri Mataji's invaluable gift to humanity.

In Shri Mataji's own words, "Self Realization is the first encounter with Reality". "We have the Mother within ourselves, in our hearts, and if She is awakened, She is going to look after us. She is going to give all the protection that is needed. And there is nothing to be frightened of anything."

"Kundalini cures you, she improves you, she bestows all the blissful things upon you. She takes you away from the worries of the grosser level", says Shri Mataji.

The manifestation of the Kundalini energy is called vibrations, which is an approximate translation of the Sanskrit term Chaitanya. In Shri Mataji's words, "Chaitanya (vibrations) is the integrated force of your physiological, mental, emotional and religious Selves."

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Doesn't Kundalini send allot of heat to the head?

8. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

hmpfr,...

Empty Dragon wouldn't you considder chaning name to > Empty Head?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

let me ask you a question: do you feel heat in your head?

Greetz
    fukushi

9. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

I know next to nothing about this stuff, but seems like Empty was asking a perfectly reasonable question.

10. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

noreason

to get upset with me, I'm just surprised and I'm a happy person,....it just seemed reasonably funny to me,....

Imagine: "the land of the rising heat"
    or: "get great results, when drying hairs, no more need for those hot-air blowers: just meditate a little and the steam comes off!

well: I'll answer to that:
    the answer is: "YES",......it generates heat,....but not only to the head,....the whole body is involved:

When I meditate, as in: sitting and doing some of my breathing exercises, then however cold the room is,...I get warm,...not only that: I'm sweating from under my arms, this is actually quiet normal. relaxation trough concentration.

afterwards I'm either right-awake (in the morning) or in the evening: I can relax and fall asleep easely, and I sleep verry good and deep.

Whenever I practise what we call: 'moving meditation' I get in a 'special' state of some sort of trance, and then I don't feel tired, I feel less pain (if there's any) I feel relaxed and totally focused.

Something you ought to know about meditation and breathing techniques:

there exists a direct relation between the heart beats and the breath. Qi-gong (or: breath-pause) establishes exactaly that balance and as you get more and more advanced: you can make your own dicision in how far you want your opposits mental and phisical states to be.
    as to the how this is exactaly acomplished: it consists out of three ways, by:

-Hypoventilation (holding the breath)

-Hyperventilation (oxygen saturation)

-Or just 'proper' breathing.

Hypoventilation makes the blood more acidic by diminishing the amount of oxygen in the blood. It is caracterized by a sensation of heat (!) wich floods over the body. This also causes the heart to beat faster as it strives to restore the proper pH balance bey circulating the blood more quickly.

Hyperventilation is characterized by a chill feeling of cold which permeates the body. It causes the blood to bexome more alkaline by saturating the system with large amounts of oxygen. This makes the heartbeat slower.

Proper breathing produces a sensation of calmness and relaxation.

But don't think I'm the 'ever vigilant virgo' there ARE of course times in my life that I take it easy,...in fact, VERRY easy. So it depends on how intense you want to be,....yes that's a good description and believe me: it can get pretty 'intence' hahaha!

everything is good, chill,....

Greetz
    fukushi

Last edited: Dec 4, 2002
  11. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

I had always heard that Kundalin meditation had a high rate of side effects. Ei: Un-controlable releases of energy accompanied by days of sleeplessness, Ringing and hissing noises, flashing of light inside the body and some thing about having there power undermined by physical or moral weaknesses in the lower energy centers. But I could be talking out of my ass here too. I have shallow knowledge on the subject.

Oh yeah and physical and phycic dangers for ascending out of the crow chakra too soon.

But I can't remember why I was going on about the head? Mabye it was about illusions and insanity by putting too much energy to the higher center. I dunno can't remember and have shallow knowledge.

12. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I think of prayer as a form of meditation. It helps me to relax and think about my problems. And talk to my God mono a mono... he doesnt talk back but knowing that hes listening makes me happy.

13. Zero Banned Banned

Meditation? The absence of it is one of the major reasons why westerners have no sense of balance or moderation.

There is no god, afterlife or divine love. There is only Entropy, the mother from which we were all born. She tugs our souls with the beautiful, maternal love of chaos. Why do you keep Her waiting?

-central philosophy of Zero, Sage of Chaos

14. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

I would say that meditation is one way to obtain balance. I think the main problem is that most people in western society are afraid. Afraid of who they are, what they feel and that fear grows to a point where life is controled by the fear. Meditation is great for stress and "Higher Practices". I truley beleive all should have acces to a way to healthly deal with stress.
    Oh yeah and the eating habits. I ate "Fast food style" all my life untill I found out that there is something else. Hey this stuff actually comes fresh!!!! Now I look back and i don't know how I would abuse my body every day with that food.

15. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

True enough. But alot of the time it's that they had no reason to care. I have recently learnt that meditation can end an anxiety attack. Just clear your mind of everything, including the overwhelming worry (a huge task the first time around). But I have only found a use for meditation recently, I do not think, in my case, that I was afraid of it... More like ignorant of it.

16. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

My girlfriend bought me Fusion of the Five Elements for our anniversery. (Squeeeeals like a girl)

mmmmmm.....Internal Alchemy

17. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

Meditation is too simple a word !

Dear m0rl0ck,

I do meditate. But to tell the truth for how many years I have to go back even to my previous birth. That’s how I think of it.

What practice do you use?

A practice that has been taught by my Guru saying that is the original one and the real. I did it without thinking anything more than that and practiced for few years where in I became curious as things started to happen as he says. Many changes in life as he predicted, and many exactly opposite of what he predicted. I never received any explanation for those, which went wrong. So I myself analyzed and I found out that you can practice any form of meditation or belief still achieve the goal. Depending on the goal the time involved for practice varies that’s all.

Normal explanations for the reason for meditation could be to achieve mental peace, more focus in thoughts, more spiritual growth, better understanding of life and its meaning, blah blah blah…to me I feel we waste a lot of time preparing for such things rather than just doing it.

Meditation allows you to calm down you outer self and helps you to listen to the inner self. Once you start listening to the inner self you gets scared as he knows everything and has no stop. He tells you the bad thoughts that your mother has, the stinking comments your friends have for you, the truth that hold for you in future, the way life is going to change and all the bad things on earth, all the sorrow that other people carry, the death that appears in the eyes of few people you meet in public. You will never ever want to meditate after that. Then it also gives you better understanding of all what ever you wanted to know.

Result : Disturbed mind and scary times.

The funniest part is you still know that you are just a human being who doesn’t even have the life span of a turtle.

Some gets lost as they achieve what is known as Sidhy (super human powers). The one who went to become a Yogi becomes a magician and amuses people, that is the end and there ends his story. He likes to fly like a bird, be small like a worm, as big as a mountain, be a gin in creating anything he wants, and take any form of earth, water, fire and air. Just after few days of testing all this he gets bored and goes straight to samadhy (yogic death). There ends yogi and yoga.

How long have you been doing it?

Few years in this birth.

How often do you do it?

When ever I feel like, and when worried, when depressed, when feel like getting charged.

Why do you do it?

For no reason. I don’t know what inside me pushes me to do this. I never wanted to do. May be my quest for truth. May be what my parents put in to my blood. Both my parents are very good believers.

Has it done anything for you? What?

I won’t be able to explain in clear words as I become confused of the results. One way, I think any one can have these results without meditating, and I also feel that many can not achieve these without practicing the original method of meditation.

My personal experience says the blessing from your parents and other people is more stronger than the results of meditation.

May lord bless you in finding your path. We all need to spend time on this earth. We need to do something, may be meditation is also one among them. That’s all.

Lov

raj

18. stray dog Registered Senior Member

Meditation,

once a week to help me better understand.

19. moonman Registered Senior Member

I meditate once-twice a day.

Mostly Zen-like techniques, I'm currently trying to get a hold of the discipline (ie through breath counting) before I move onto more advanced techniques.