How is hydrogen atom formed?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience' started by jcc, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exchemist Valued Senior Member

You can have electric quadrupole excitation, or magnetic dipole excitation, which as I recall follow different selection rules, but are much weaker in intensity than electric dipole-induced transitions.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Yes, I think such transitions between levels like s & d do exist, but don't think they absorb photons, without help of some "third body."

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. exchemist Valued Senior Member

To be honest, I am not convinced that is so - at least it not how I was taught it. Do you have evidence?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Only the understanding, I think correct, that the photon can not supply the angular moment associated with an s to d transition.

8. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I am not sure how magnetic dipole and electric quadrupole transitions occur. Maybe they involve more than one photon or something and are "3rd body" interactions in that sense. Suggest we both hunt around for this a bit. I tried briefly yesterday but fund nothing about any 3rd bodies being involved. The Wiki article on selection rules is very brief and not very adequate, so it will mean looking deeper.

9. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Take a look at this: http://jila.colorado.edu/~ajsh/astr5110_13/notes/selec.pdf

There is a nice description of both magnetic dipole and electric quadrupole processes. Third bodies are not invoked in either.

10. jcc Registered Senior Member

11. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Oh, look who's back.

Still as ignorant and as obnoxious as ever, I see.

12. jcc Registered Senior Member

ban me again? so what?

if you can debunk me with science, why banned me 3 times?

lmao

13. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

You need to debunk the currently accepted model first, before anyone even has to give your proposal a passing thought.

Why can't YOU debunk the current scientific theory?

14. jcc Registered Senior Member

ok, how about photon?

how hot gasses on the sun emit photons? electrons change orbitals? how many orbitals in a hot gas atom? why is sunlight spectrum continue?

15. jcc Registered Senior Member

if an electron captures a photon then what velocity does the photon have? It is either orbiting the electron or it slows down. Another biggy is if the photon has no charge then how could an electron capture it in the first place? Isn't it then as likely to be captured by a proton or neutron?

16. jcc Registered Senior Member

if energy is conserve, matter is conserve, charge is conserve.

how could electron emits photons? how many rounds of photon can an electron carry?

what's the difference between red photon and blue photon?

17. jcc Registered Senior Member

all you can eat, lot more to come. if you can take care the above.

18. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Maybe you should eat a few science books instead of using them for toilet paper. It seems like that's the only way you'll get the information inside you.

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

20. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You've been debunked with science continually, and have been banned three times because you remain foolishly ignorant and obstinately rejecting it all.
    But keep on keeping on and you may get your wish to be banned again...could even be permanent this time.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So, tell me, since you refuse to accept any and all explanations for the questions you ask, and since you obviously are anti science and have an agenda, why do you come to a science forum?
    Why not preach your nonsense to the "true believers" in whatever church you infest.

22. jcc Registered Senior Member

big mouths. lmao!

that's your science?

still photon believer?

i accept logic and fact, not foolish bs science theories. such as photon, gravitron, god particle etc.

23. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

No, you don't.

You spit in the face of logic and fact.

paddoboy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.