How do you learn spirituality?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by lightgigantic, Nov 20, 2006.

1. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Chatha

Then what is the relationship between spirituality and scripture?

If i told you I was a spiritual person and that there is nothing wrong with murdering men, women and children of a particular race/social/geographical class, how would that strike you?
    God may be unable to be approached with 100% understanding of his complete nature, but the means by which one can determine the degree that one perceives something of the nature of god is certainly up for analysis

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. heliocentric Registered Senior Member

I agree with Ayodhya, what ever defintion of spirituality youre working from if its not expressed in your actions then then how spiritual or non-spiritual you are is absolutely meaningless.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lightgigantic Banned Banned

service to god is not capable of being expressed by actions?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. heliocentric Registered Senior Member

No im saying it is,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

although i wouldnt use the phrase service to god personally that sounds too much like a master/servant relationship to me, in which you simply do your best guess of what you think master wants. Rather than looking inside yourself and asking what needs to be done.
    Btw i dont personally believe in god (im agnostic), i also dont have any fixed ideas about what god might or might not be. So spirituality for me (hmm still hate that word somewhat lol) is simply understanding yourself and others to the best of your ability while treating everything you come across with the dignity you would expect to be treated with in turn. Basically its about acting in a manner most likely to manifest eutopia for all, or at least trying too.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006