How do you learn spirituality?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by lightgigantic, Nov 20, 2006.

1. lightgigantic Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

I avoid it completely. I keep to my own beliefs in life and also learn from how others have succeeded in life, what did they believe in that made them happy and successfull in life.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Given that death is inevitable at the end of everyone's life, it appears that the small failures in life are lead ups to the big failure.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

my everlasting motto is: "NEVER GIVE UP"

small failures...big failures...doesn't matter, as long as I reach my goal in life before death strikes me if it shall. Thus I will fulfill my spiritual goal.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Stick an icepick in your ear and push it all the way in, then jiggle it around until you don't worry about that nonsense any more.

9. draqon Banned Banned

yes death is very rewarding.

10. lightgigantic Banned Banned

What goal can you reach that isn't frustrated by death?

11. draqon Banned Banned

death is here so that one doesnt waste time, but accomplish the task in a specific time range, otherwise people would be lazy and bored. Death is not a frustration, it is just a remainder that there is a deadline for the task to be completed...like any game.

12. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Why does pleasure require a deadline to achieve it?

13. draqon Banned Banned

Because humans take advantage of everything, they want budge unless they have to. Every game has an end...Halo 2...for example, its awsome...yeah, it got some levels...but when one plays it over and over again accomplishing the goal, he realizes that change must come and the game must end. Because the world becomes boring and mind is like a sponge, needing more and more untill there is no more to satisfy it. I really think death is logical from all points of view, I believe in rebirth, but all memories are erased. Everything is applicable to real world scenarious...just like a rebooting computer with CPU as a soul and software as life. But than that is my belief, others whish of God to be their master, one to follow, one to believe in. I do not need God, I do not need heaven, I do not need hell, I need to die and be reborn in another life with another situation...to play another "game" of life.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. lightgigantic Banned Banned

.... at the every least it appears you require the dualistic notion of success and failure, which is akin to heaven and hell

15. draqon Banned Banned

success and failure to improve oneself for the future handling of other lifes...I believe one's spirit learns in this world, (not memory-wise). I believe I can become as close to God, if such entity exists, if I practice my power of will stronger each time in this life and next one...I learn my lesson...and thus become a more powerfull entity. Once again...it is my belief, it does not match any religion, as my belief is unique and it is what I follow.

16. lightgigantic Banned Banned

draqon

what is an example of the successful person who does something in this life that enables them to be better prepared for the next life, particularly since you insistthat memory is lost in such a metamorphis
    What would be an example of a person practicing stronger will than another person?
    What lesson is that?

Powerful? More money? Intelligence? Following and Fame?
    How does deathnot finish all this in a moment?

Unique or not, that's not the issue

17. draqon Banned Banned

what is an example of the successful person who does something in this life that enables them to be better prepared for the next life, particularly since you insistthat memory is lost in such a metamorphis

What would be an example of a person practicing stronger will than another person?

(Not giving up when there is pain. Ex: I came to university and had my bike in another town 80 miles away. The only way to get that bike to the university was to bike, and so I did bike from a state I have never been to to a university I had been only two days in my life (since I was a freshman than)...and I drove at night...on a highway...and I accomplished my goal in 8 hours while biking all night, not giving up in the September cold day)

What lesson is that?

(This is what I need to learn, that is the purpose of life)

Powerful? More money? Intelligence? Following and Fame?
    How does deathnot finish all this in a moment?

Powerfull as understanding life for what it is. Powerfull as having strong will, (if I decided something, I will finish it), Powerfull in love for others. Powerfull in spirit. It is not lost because it is not a memory...I have still to understand how exactly it is not lost when death occurs, but I am sure it is not.

18. lightgigantic Banned Banned

draqon
    so you could argue that this endeavour will help you for your future (future employment via education etc) but its not clear how this helps you in the next life

Still not clear what you need to learn (You have indicated that a person needs to learn certain skills to get by in this life, but its not clear in what ways such learning is progressive)

and what is that?
    Hitler and stalin also had strong will powers (stalin underwnet stomach surgery without an anaesthetic) - does that make them advanced?

what are the parameters and guidelines for determining who has a stronger love than another?
    [/QUOTE]
    actually it seems you are voicing the constitutional natur e of the living entity - we have a desire to look for the permanant amongst the temporary, teh eternal amongst the transient, speak of undying love while our molars rot in our mouth etc.
    This thread was addressing the difficulty of learning these things, since we can indicate "this is not the truth/that is not the truth" but it becomes difficult to actually indicate the truth

19. draqon Banned Banned

hey...I am not an all-knowing entity. Each of us in this world got their own purpose and understanding of life, follow it. Whatever it is that human define as good...that is what I am trying to follow.

20. lightgigantic Banned Banned

lol - that's ok
    don't mind my prodding

I am just trying to determine the nature/means/qualities/disqualities that define that goal for everyone

like the OP was examining the difficulty in presenting something transcendental - just seeing where it goes from there

21. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

You are born with the capability or you arent. If you have the spiritual instincts, you can learn it.
    If you are interested in learning, contact me, also, just look at some of my previous posts. I have posts on my philosophy.

22. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

True. And also if you are lucky to meet the right Guru who is ready to share the light with you.

23. lightgigantic Banned Banned

Maybe we could move on to discussing the distinguishing characteristics of a bona fide guru .....