How do you feel about people who kill animals for the sheer fun of it?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Saven, May 3, 2009.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Humans.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Enmos, you're being so... masculine in your defense of wee animals. Nice.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

THAT'S manly. I'm being serious.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What ? lol
    You're mocking me, right ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saven Registered Member

You're making it sound like it is almost orgasmic for them to that. It isn't, and even cats don't bathe in the blood of their prey or whatever weird nonsense it is that you're making up. They may get blood *on* them, but they don't roll around the dead thing's carcass and purr.

All predators in the wild.

Such as?

Survival is always number one.
    Why can't you name any. Except for domesticated and repressed housecats?

And yet they do. Humans floating around at the surface of the oceanwater are easy prey for large sharks. They're defenseless and sharks don't know that humans intelligent, nor would it matter. They still avoid them. Hence, that idea is completely invalid. The same goes for almost all animals. Any example you can name (and you can't name any naturally occuring ones) will be far outnumbered by the animals who simply have no interest in that crappola.

No argument here.

Here's an idea: instead of insisting that animals somehow find it pleasurable to kill, even though serves zero purpose from a survival standpoint, which is all that an animal in the wild is really concerned with, explain *why* they would find it pleasurable. Go ahead.

8. Saven Registered Member

I'm forced to agree with the above. It's an unverified claim that doesn't actually have relevance. Posting on the internet isn't natural, GTFO.

9. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

No! I actually got excited! I think that's sweet.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol ok

You should read more of my posts then

11. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Yeah, but you like little animals. That gets you a huuuuuuge leeway with me. If you turned out to be a serial killer, I'd be like so, "SO? He's Northern European and likes cute little animals!"

12. Saven Registered Member

I also want to point out that the vast, vast, VAST majority of hunters in the USA do not behave so wantonly. Most are decent people who trim and eat the animals they kill. The ones who don't do that aren't hunters. They are killers... and most hunters will likewise tell you that. Such people are illegal poachers, and they ruin the reputation of real hunters.

The freaky folks that you guys (szycgys, norsefire, crunchy_cat) are defending and even encouraging are in the extreme minority here... so whatever psychotic behavior it is you are trying to justify clearly isn't prevailing here. The people who are you describing have a fascination with killing. It is as though they want to kill people, but are afraid to do so, so they kill animals instead.

Well sorry, but it ain't natural to be a sociopath, no matter how badly you guys identify with them

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I like all of nature, but the little ones just need some extra defending

It just pisses me off when people kill small animals just for the hell of it. And I don't get why almost everyone finds insects disgusting and creepy. There's something wrong with people, I tell ya..

14. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Soon there won't be many animals left to go out and shoot for the fun of it so I guess we humans will be the next targets for those hunters who cannot control themselves and must seek out critters to kill for sport.

15. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

I don't get it either. Except mosquitoes; I smash those for the hell of it. They're like Mother Earth's personal STD.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I would encourage it for them to start hunting each other now, rather than when they run out of animals to kill.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

They have a function as well. But I smash them when they try to bite me though, it's self-defense. It's their job hazard.

18. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Can I kill people who are moronic, narrow minded, hostile, intolerant of difference, and don't really care about the world?

19. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

I seriously hope no one tries to smash me and tell me it's my job hazard!

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No, because that is not your decision to make. The world would become a battlefield if everyone would do that.

But just between you and me.. go ahead

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Sometimes I let them bite me, but that's only when I'm tired of waving them off lol

22. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

You backed me into into a corner...

Will you let me bite you?

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What's this then ?

I really don't know you all that well, but I think we could have hit it off in real life