How do you expect the world will end?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Lexx, Apr 29, 2001.

1. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

A few views about the world ending...

When we say the world, I think the general assumption of the thread was to say mankind. By the end of the century, hopefully, we'll be on other planets.

In the mean time the naturall cause will probably be an asteriod impact, that we won't know about until its about thirty seconds from slamming into the ground.

World wars by in large won't happen. The USSR is dead, and Russia, the only other country that has a formidible nuclear arsenal is a democratic nation. China doesn't have enough to kill us all.

Famines and plagues probably won't kill us all.

Personally I believe in the Christian interpertation of the end of the world. The seas will boil, the sky will turn complete dark, the moon will turn blood red, every mountain top will be flattened, and every valley raised. Personally Jesus will come back, kill the bad and take the good. So let that be a reminder people, be nice to eachother. Do you really want to gamble on the chance of God coming back and killing you? Personally I wouldn't take the risk.

"I am putting gmyself to the fullest possible use, which is all I can think that any conscious entitiy can ever hope to do." --HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odysey

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

FOR BACKSLASH 777

I would believe you aren't from the United States, because you write your dates with the day, month, then the year. If I had to pick I would say European, maybe from the UK. Just a guess. You seem intelligent for an alien, or whatever your pretending to be. Could it be a collective of bumblebees? Beats me.
    Personally I've never liked collectives, they remind me of dirty commies. If you'd like to know I'm a sentient human being from the good ol' US of A!!!!!!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Backslash777 Unknown Registered Senior Member

We are backslash777. We observe your post. A group has been initiated, its manifesto to focus on our posts.
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=3157&goto=newpost
    We wish not to influence the aim of any discussion group and have observed how the focus drifts towards us. It is for this reason we participate in the group dedicated to ourselves.
    We have followed your posts for two days, since you registered thecurly1, junior member from USA and derive benefit from your imagination.
    It is with your previous posts in mind we respond.
    You, like conventional science are wrong about the mass of light. Extrapolation of Einstein’s theory of relativity suggests that for the speed of light to be attained mass must be infinite. This extrapolation is in error as astronomy suggests. For the path of light to be influenced by gravity then it must have a mass. Black holes pull in light and alter its path.
    Human language is limiting, based on command not concept. It is for this reason we cannot explain sufficient detail but with great thought you may understand that if Einstein’s theory was to become a law there can be no such experience as velocity itself.
    We understand how you use a two dimensional representation to visualise the universe, comparing gravity to dents within a 2 dimensional plate. This is nothing more than simplification and does not work for each and every working of the universe.
    We observe your thoughts on time travelling. Each on of you is travelling through time at the moment. The discoveries you have made only allow for a change in the rate you travel forwards. We do however observe your interest in retro time travel. Every presumption formed by the Human species on the behaviour of the universe is against such possibilities.

To quote one of your many self discovered laws which point against reverse time travelling, Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. This law has yet to be broken within both our observable universes.

Reverse time travelling breaks this theory. Should you travel back in time the cosmos at the moment in time you cross back to would profit from the energy held within the mass of your own body.

The only occasion the arrow of time is to reverse is to occur when the universe begins to implode on itself should its mass be sufficient. This is because of the law you created yourself which states chaos will always increase within a closed system. We feel the reason for your assumption is that there are always many more combinations for chaos than order. There are many combinations for two liquids, one red and one blue but only one combination of blue on one side and red on the other. Once a divide has been removed from the two liquids they will mix and it is theoretically possible for the mixture to return to its original state but unlikely due to the chaotic combinations possible.

When the universe implodes it will be returning to a state of order, chaos will decrease. To preserve your law of entropy (chaos) the arrow of time must reverse. Either this will happen or your own law of increase in entropy must be downgraded to a theory.

We await your thoughts on this. As always, your imagination inspires us.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Backslash777 Unknown Registered Senior Member

?thecurly1?

We are backslash777. We observe your post. A group has been initiated, its manifesto to focus on our posts.

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=3157&goto=newpost

We wish not to influence the aim of any discussion group and have observed how the focus drifts towards us. It is for this reason we participate in the group dedicated to ourselves.
    We have followed your posts for two days, since you registered thecurly1, junior member from USA and derive benefit from your imagination.
    It is with your previous posts in mind we respond.
    You, like conventional science are wrong about the mass of light. Extrapolation of Einstein’s theory of relativity suggests that for the speed of light to be attained mass must be infinite. This extrapolation is in error as astronomy suggests. For the path of light to be influenced by gravity then it must have a mass. Black holes pull in light and alter its path.
    Human language is limiting, based on command not concept. It is for this reason we cannot explain sufficient detail but with great thought you may understand that if Einstein’s theory was to become a law there can be no such experience as velocity itself.
    We understand how you use a two dimensional representation to visualise the universe, comparing gravity to dents within a 2 dimensional plate. This is nothing more than simplification and does not work for each and every working of the universe.
    We observe your thoughts on time travelling. Each on of you is travelling through time at the moment. The discoveries you have made only allow for a change in the rate you travel forwards. We do however observe your interest in retro time travel. Every presumption formed by the Human species on the behaviour of the universe is against such possibilities.

To quote one of your many self discovered laws which point against reverse time travelling, Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. This law has yet to be broken within both our observable universes.

Reverse time travelling breaks this theory. Should you travel back in time the cosmos at the moment in time you cross back to would profit from the energy held within the mass of your own body.

The only occasion the arrow of time is to reverse is to occur when the universe begins to implode on itself should its mass be sufficient. This is because of the law you created yourself which states chaos will always increase within a closed system. We feel the reason for your assumption is that there are always many more combinations for chaos than order. There are many combinations for two liquids, one red and one blue but only one combination of blue on one side and red on the other. Once a divide has been removed from the two liquids they will mix and it is theoretically possible for the mixture to return to its original state but unlikely due to the chaotic combinations possible.

When the universe implodes it will be returning to a state of order, chaos will decrease. To preserve your law of entropy (chaos) the arrow of time must reverse. Either this will happen or your own law of increase in entropy must be downgraded to a theory.

We await your thoughts on this. As always, your imagination inspires us.

8. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

BACKSLASH 777 I find you interesting...

I won't try to avoid the oppinion on my theory towards time travel, and light having mass. Personally I'm a bit conservative and still believe in those theories. What you are doing is very importnat, you are challegning conventional thought. Something that isn't done enough. I respect you for that, a little revolution keeps the system in check, and makes sure it doesn't become to bloaded.
    Its a bit flattering that my imagination inspires you, thank you. I was wondering if you read my other two threads on the end of the world, and about NATO. I would be interested in a reply for those from you. Backslash 777 you are a very intelligent entity.

P.S. Though this is a stupid human emotion as you would put it, i'm still a bit jelous. I can only aspire to such greatness in the field of science. Watch your wrists, all that typing could lead to serious corporal tunnel syndrom.

"I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do." --HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey

9. Backslash777 Unknown Registered Senior Member

?Posts?

We are backslash777. Emotion is not obtuse. We fail to match your ability to make probability assessments nor adapt similar experiences to serve usefulness in a differing situation. Human thought speed is slow but compensated by an apparent boost due to conjecture.
    We have scrutinized each and every one of your assertions and the proclamations of other users within this group. We become aware of how the topic of this group has distracted from its original discussion and propose progressing outside of this group, within the one dedicated to our posts.
    Does your idiom “Watch your wrists, all that typing could lead to serious corporal tunnel syndrome.” presage we may well require to expire in a diminutive period?
    We identify each words classification yet fail to derive significance from the technique the axiom is ordered.

10. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

Dear Backslash 777

I wasn't replying towards how the world will end. My reply was commenting you and your consortium of people on how they challenge conventional human thought, which is very important to me. Without the challenge, the common system of thought will become stagnant, and egotistical which is bad for all of us. About the corporal tunnel syndrome, that was a bit of humor. Call it bad humor if you like, but humor none the less. I'm just watching out for your extremities, which have been informing us with oh so many important threads.

Once again I take the quote of my imagination inspiring you as a compliment. Thank you.