How do you deal with anti-science?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Jeeves, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

That in similar words is their problem with us...they often have a book that has all the answers

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Alex

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

river, god [or any reasonable facsimile thereof] bless his cotton picking little soul, believes in the defunct electric/Plasma universe. I did read a book on that actually called "The BB Never HAPPENED" by Eric J Lerner, and it was quickly put to bed along with his claims by two experts on another forum.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Here you go River

Super Force is an American action-adventure TV series which aired from October 1990 to May 1992. The series is about a former astronaut turned cop who uses a highly advanced combat armor and motorcycle to fight crime in the city of Metroplex during the future year 2020.

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Su...
    Super Force - Wikipedia

There is something about Super force as it relates to cosmology if you want to google it.

How you going?
    I hope you are doing well.
    Alex

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Okay to your last statement , Thanks for asking .

No I'll wait for pad to explain the Superforce theory .

8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Have fun troll!

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

He knows that Alex. river is doing his usual trolling.The Superforce as it applies in cosmology has been already explained to him at least twice, maybe more. He isn't interested in it or in learning period. It would shake his deep held religious like beliefs about space, time, rocks and life. Maybe like Jan he was a Hari Krishna?
    hari hari, hari krishna!!!

10. river

Explain this Superforce , pad . For the third time , pad .

Not everybody who is here now , was there when you explained it .

11. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I could remind you of your wise words how The Theory of Evolution will be still there tomorrow in effect.

I don't get into the electric universe as it conflicts with my push gravity universe which I just know is the quantum gravity hypothesis that will under pin gravity..I have no problem, in my mind, without knowing zip math, that GR tells me it can only work my way.

I know holding an idea and trying to fit it into what we already have, via such unimportant GR and that theory..only a theory of gravity, can only fail, but to me taking the body of work you must be able to use it with confidence not like say the electric universe, their approach is the pull the house down and start again..me we have tested models why wouldn't you use them..don't build a new house improve the old one...and like a house scientific models can only point us in the right direction...and most importantly with a good model you can find and fix things cause you have a solid platform..
    You know I question parts of the big bang but you can't argue with observation..the theory takes us to CBR a reasonably decent support for the theory so far...so I wonder about inflation for example and if is a viable estimate of what took place, particularly if inflation in effect took maybe billions of years..could fit..but my point I think you get really crazy when you speculate outside what is now a well defined boundary...if you want to prove no big bag the only thing that could really do it would be to show the universe is not expanding...assume for a silly moment we could not use current methods..Doppler effect etc..just what other method could you you use??? You need a tape 100 billion light years long..clearly impossible...I can't see a way...so you really have to go with the universe is expanding...but I do often wonder...but what if it's not...sortta like thinking about the universe is actually srinking..there is someone who puts that forward in an almost convincing way..fun.

But again my point even the wildest speculation has a hope of being reality if ticks the boxes on what we already know.
    Have a great day.
    Alex

12. river

You are out dated .

13. river

Both pad and Xelasnave , have old , 25yrs. At least thinking . And further back to Einstein , 120yrs old , thinking .

14. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Thanks that is indeed a fine compliment River.
    Do you like the electric universe?
    Alex

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No, you are as usual, wrong.
    river you know you are banned from the sciences because of your rubbish....and the delusions you are under, specifically your 'old thinking" jibe, and your delusions of grandeur and associated gullibility, are well known and fool no one. Your ignorance is outstanding, but it could be cured if you had a mind to learn, and as Dave has so often pointed out, in his forlorn efforts to educate you, you just refuse to want to learn, rather you grovel in that ignorance, making one line cracks at people and rubbishing science in general.
    Sadly, that is not going to change.

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

And of course we could also go back to Darwin, or back further to Archimedes or Pascal, or Pythagoras...They are/were all correct and we still live by their work.
    All your comments do is highlight your ignorance and anti science stance.

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I once had a astronomer tell me that if and when we finally formulate a validated QGT, it will almost certainly encompass the BB theory, while extending its zones of applicability.

18. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

That's what I am saying and I am a star gazer and photographer.
    It's like a jig saw puzzle and we know where a lot of the pieces go.
    I hope they get the George Webb Telescope up there ... It is an incredible undertaking...me I would be sending some robot mechanics with it...and a pod that carries a 3d printer to make parts...
    Alex

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

It's known as the JWST Alex, the James Webb.....scheduled launch date March 2021....but I'm sure river will tell you all about it.

20. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Of course you know it's actually a death ray to rule the world

Alex

21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

And on the way up will be confused as a UFO

22. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Do you understand the superforce? I googled it. You could too.

foghorn likes this.
  23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

double post

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020