How cold is it where you are?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by shorty_37, Dec 6, 2007.

1. draqon Banned Banned

Michigan

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Ahhh, Snow is awesome.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I hate winter!!! not only is it fuking cold here. It is really icy from the snowstorm we had a few days ago.

I had the shittiest day!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I got a call as soon as I got home from taking my 6 yr old to school. He slipped on the ice on the yard and cut his chin wide open. I spent 4 hrs in the emergency room....thank god they were able to glue it together. If he fools around and it opens though he will need stitches. (which I pray won't happen)

To make matters worse the house smells BURNT to hell. When the school called and scared the hell out of me that he was bleeding and needed stitches, I forgot that I put the stove on. Thank god I came home 15 mins later and didnt go straight to the hospital. The house was full of smoke and the pot burnt to hell. I am still trying to get the smell out from this morning....

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

oh poor shorty ... can you rent a room in hotel for a day or so? While leaving the top windows open?

8. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I have them open downstairs now. He is napping it was a rough day for him.
    God it is gut wrenching when something happens to them. I so wanted to :bawl: to see him hurt and so scared of the hospital. But of course we must stay tough and convince them everything will be ok......He is so damn cute and he was trying to be so brave trying to hold back the tears poor little guy.

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Shorty,
    I did that and it is hell to get the smell out. They make basement deoderizers that absorb a lot of smell. That's what I used. Its what cleaning companies use. It works. How bad was it? I had ashes flying around.

My son broke his chin open in about the same way. We got him in right away. (small town hospitals rock!) They stuck the needle in the cut to numb it for stitches. Then a heart attack patient came in. Well, small town hospitals have fewer doctors, so they all went to him. An hr later they came back to my son. The numbing had worn off, so the needle went back in the wound. I wish they would have glued it.

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I just feel sick to my stomache...it was bleeding a little bit....It doesn't look open though. I hope it doesn't come open I keep checking it like every 5 mins. He got really upset when he saw a bit of blood because he is terrified to go back for stitches.

I really could care less about the smell right now as long as this glue does the trick.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Pharmacies sell skin glue (Dermabond). Go buy some and if his owie looks like its coming open, put some more in. Super glue works as well, but Dermabond is FDA approved for skin. Better than stitches.
    oh, and a calm mom make s a calm kid. Its just a cut, not an amputation. Calm down, its gonna be fine.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ow that's awful Shorty

Maybe keep him in the house for a few days. When it's cold outside he won't feel when it opens up while playing outside. I hope it heals well

I had that happen to me once as well, but it was in the swimming pool. I wanted to climb out of it but slipped and smacked my chin on the side of the pool. My chin split right open.

About the smell.. oh well.. if it's really unbearable you might want to get what Orleander suggested.

Anyhow, I gotta say I love winter though. But maybe that's because we get so little of it over here..
    It's kind of special when it really snows or freezes here

13. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

That is what they used. But you can't buy that yourself here. I always look cool and calm on the outside, inside is another story.

14. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Pennsylvania. 10F last night. Still have to feed the sheep though...

15. draqon Banned Banned

its very cold...down below south...in my pants

16. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yeah this has been one hell of a shitty week. I haven't slept since 7am yesterday morning. I couldn't sleep at all last night keeping an eye on him.

17. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Currently it is 0 degrees C Windchill -4

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

23 degrees here.

19. draqon Banned Banned

In Michigan we have 30 degrees F.

20. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

-13 and an expected "crippling" (lol) snowstorm on it's way. We are supposed to get 40 cm of snow by tomorrow night.

21. draqon Banned Banned

its real cold in my pants

babe I need your warmth...

22. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

LOL I think you have been drinking too much baby formula are you drunk?

BTW when did you turn into the passionate lover? LOL

23. John99 Banned Banned

Damn, now i am freaking out. Next week i am moving to the mountains. I will be living in the woods for awhile, so dont anyone try and contact me.

Thank you.