How can people pay you through internet?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lixluke, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

lol..because of course we all know...non-garbage artists use Brittney Spears songs (really? Brittney Spears?) without permission, and rap their crap lyrics over them.

This is one lulz filled thread..I tell you what.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

indeed. you've gotta check out this thread too--http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?p=725903#post725903--though i vacillate between cracking up and getting annoyed with that thread. 'luke does have a "gift."

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

One more time, because you are dodging it;

Where did you get your musical training?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kira Valued Senior Member

¿What is this thréad about?

8. kira Valued Senior Member

¿Is théré any summary?

9. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Summary:

Lixluke: Give me money please.
    Everyone: No.

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

It's about methods of taking payment on line so people can donate money.

I'm not sure what the whole problem everybody seems to be having. I don't have money to produce anything. Hence I am trying to figure out how to setup my website to be able to collect funds from people who are actually interested in supporting my endeavors towards the Grammys. Not a huge issue. Artist needs funding. Simple as that.

11. kira Valued Senior Member

Go try American Idols.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  12. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

i'll address just a few of the "problems" here:

you claim that you are an "artist," yet you have nothing to support this claim--and that one has sung over other people's songs does not make one an "artist."

"Artist needs funding." yes, artists do need funding--but if you cannot establish that you are an artist, why would anyone "fund" you?

perhaps you ought to research the means by which artists, who lack funding, go about acquiring funds. it's really not all that difficult to get funding for music, and if you do not wish to "prostitute" yourself by working outside of your, um, area of expertise, then you get funding for music by "doing" music, i.e. perform, etc. i've not had all that much difficulty getting other people to pay for recording my music, to release my music, to book tours, etc.--and there are tens (perhaps hundreds) of millions of other people doing exactly the same thing (and not whining about it); but, you know, you kind of have to do something--and by "do something," i don't mean creating a website and asking people for money to support your endeavor of which they know absolutely nothing (and care even less).

and, of course, there are always grants. a friend of mine just got a 25 thousand dollar music grant, with no strings attached: he's obliged to produce nothing. have you even bothered to explore this avenue?

13. kira Valued Senior Member

Or, try to apply job as a bar/ cafe/ wedding singer etc., so you can practice in front of small audience first.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so, what have you decided to do?

15. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

You seem to continuously repeat yourself as if it is something new. No money = no ability to produce material = nothing to support this claim. So continue to repeat that I have nothing to support this claim over and over as if it has any relevance. I cannot support a claim without producing any material.

I cannot produce a demo or anything if I cannot survive. Facility, equipment, etc. $600 per month for facility. The rest of the expenses have been laid out. It has always been this way. Nothing has changed. Month after month barely able to afford facility. Continuing to pay for facility month after month without using it.

As stated, any idiot with money can produce garbage, and call themselves artist. Lots of people with lots of funding for facility, equipment, etc. Yet sales are weak. Not artists. Morons with money who want to be artists. Meanwhile, real artists cannot support their claims to be real artists. If I am not a real artist, then all the money in the world couldn't help me. $5,000 sure would get me nowhere.

I don't have grants. I don't have anything of the sort. All I have are my abilities, and the willingness to use them. The only thing I'm interested in is producng 24/7. The only reason I'm working on this money thing is because nobody else is there to do it. Thus, I have to handle getting funding myself, and setting up my website myself.

16. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

your inability to understand truly confounds: no money DOES NOT equal no ability to produce material. can you read? plenty of people manage to produce material with very little money of their own, myself included--we get other people, who have money, to pay for it. and we do this, not by creating some stupid website and asking for donations, but by actually doing something. why is this so hard for you to understand?

and?

yes, and plenty of talented people without money get other people to finance their endeavors--but not by creating a stupid website and asking for donations. how many times must a person (well, everyone here) repeat this before you are able to comprehend it?

you know, that is usually why people get grants--because they don't have them! what is preventing you from applying for a grant?

and "The only thing (you are) interested in is producng 24/7." funny that, being as you haven't produced anything.

17. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I couldn't watch these videos while I was prostituting at work, but just watched them once I got home. Dude..that's not a Kanye West song...it's by "Daft Punk" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGECJP3phyY

Kanye just sampled it. In order for him to use the song, he had to pay Daft Punk to do so.

If you use other people's copyrighted material, their record companies can and will sue you for copyright infringement.

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I'd just like to point out that none of this arguing to and fro is doing anything at all toward my funding for a starship!
    Get your fingers out and send me the money now!!!

Edit: please.

19. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

i might be able to help, but it depends: will you be employing "cutting edge city design principals (sic) and techniques to optimize human living standards for global peace and prosperity"? if not, i cannot help you.

20. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I'm extremely tempted to make a webpage for this with a paypal donation button, just to show how little effort and zero funding it takes.

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately I'm an engineer so I'd probably be using tried and reliable techniques to construct it.
    And as for "optimising human living standards for global peace and prosperity", I'm an engineer, duh.
    We only consider stuff that's practical.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Since there was zero content on the webpage..I just assumed he had a really good game of "Sim City"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Ok...seriously let's get back on topic. Luke wants to know how to get money from his website. Paypal is the unanimous winner on that.

So..How to Set up a Paypay account.

Luke, I would like to thank you for this thread. It's been really fun. And some good has come of it. It's inspired me to hook up my mixer and mics to my computer (they were in a box in the closet)...and possibly try to put something out.

I've made a few websites in my life...It's also inspired me to possibly try something for the fun of it...

Anyone know of a good, free web hosting service to host a website?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.