How can people pay you through internet?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lixluke, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I'm almost out of money again, and rent is due in 4 days. What can I put on my website that will allow people to pay me with their credit cards? It's an emergency.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

paypal

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. deicider got omnicidead Registered Senior Member

hey lixie,wanna make some extra cash

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Yes. That's why I'm trying to figure out how the hell to get paid on the internet. Right now, all I'm doing is currencies which makes me about $0.50 whenever I decide to open a trade. This sucks. I need a real way for people to pay me online. I think Paypal tries to take a tax if people try to pay you. Like if somebody pays me $10, I think they take a portion. Isn't there something where people can pay me $10, and I get the actual money they pay me?

8. deicider got omnicidead Registered Senior Member

I asked the previous question in a dirty way,but nvm.
    Ok,all these services will tax you,cause they have to get paid somehow for their services,the tax is not big,from 10$ you'll get like 9.5 or smth.
    If you want to get paid you use Paypal Or Alterpay(most popular choices).

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

What are you selling?

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I'm not selling anything. I'm fundraising to produce a CD. For $20 in donations, you get the first 10 songs free to download, and then a physical copy of the CD when it gets released.

11. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Just to play Devil's advocate....why would anyone just give you money?

12. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

I thought about that too but I think I will wait and see if it works form them then perhaps I will give it a try LOL...

13. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yeah. Especially since he's effectively just trying to sell music that he probably downloaded illegally in the first place.

(You know that anybody that's as cheap as he is didn't pay for them.)

14. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Hmmm.....give money to lixluke, or to Haiti.

Tough one.

15. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Luke, what's the address of your site? Maybe I'll toss you a few bucks.

16. parmalee peripatetic artisan Valued Senior Member

Post #1:
    Post #7:
    so which is it?

17. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

It's called "shotgun begging." Just hold on a bit and he'll try other things (no money for food, no money for gas, can't pay ISP bill, etc., etc.)

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

It's the same thing. Rent is an expense necessary for CD.

Well here is my budget:
    $400 to catch up on rent.
    $600 to fix my car so I can start driving.
    $2,000 for equipment to make music and videos that I can sell online.
    $2,000 for operations, publishing, distribution, and promotion costs.

I have it all planned out.
    $5,000 should be enough to get me caught up, set up, and funded for about 2 months in the lab. At least I hope it's enough. Monthly expenses are $600/month total including rent and utilities ($599.21 exactly). If I can get everything straightened out by the end of this month, I can spend Feb1-Mar31 setting up, and producing material. By the first week of April, I should have something released for sale on Itunes and whatever site people download "paid" music from. Regular Youtube videos for promotions will follow. By the first week of May, I should have more material released for sale, and 1 month worth of revenue from my first release.

By September, I should have enough to go to Haiti for a week, and provide some relief for the youth. Clothes, supplies, computers, etc. Many of the people I know have some sort of hatian background. A few of my best friends are from there, and have family there. One of them is going there this week.

The only problem is where to get the funding. Hence, trying to see how anybody that wants to sponsor me can pay money to me directly online without getting taxed by Paypal or some other monster under the bridge. The goal is to raise $5,000. I'm trying to avoid signing with a major label. Usually they loan you a huge bonus up front. With good strategy, I should be able to get to the Grammies with such a small starting amount faster than artists who sign their lives to some major label.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  19. Pinwheel Banned Banned

What have you raised so far?

20. John99 Banned Banned

I need a sample of your music.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Hmm so you don't actually have anything yet.
    So then I just have to trust you that you're going to spend it on music?
    Seems to me that my money would just be used to pay the rent. Sorry.

22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I have raised no money yet, and have no sample of anything. I have been wanting to record a sample for years, but without any funding, it's impossible. All I do is try to find money to catch up on bills. Thus can never afford to even get my car fixed much less record anything. A few years ago, I was able to record a small clip of my vocals, but the quality of the recording was really bad.

Of course it would be used to pay rent. That's my biggest expense. The rich take everything from poor people to prevent poor people from being productive enough to make money. If people are too poor to even live, how are they supposed to be productive? If I wasn't too poor to live, I could be productive enough to generate income necessary to support many people to live productively.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  23. Pinwheel Banned Banned

So basically you just want us to pay your rent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.