How can people deny the holocaust?

Discussion in 'History' started by Kaz, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaz Registered Member

There's plenty of proof, from the Auschwitz, thousands of books, survivors who all have a pretty identical story, and all the ruins of the event, it's just incredible people can deny it.

Discuss.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Hello, Kaz,

There really isn't much to discuss. Those who deny it fall into one of two groups - those with a specific agenda to push and those who are woefully ignorant. (Note that I didn't include the mentally deficient since they fall into the second category on practically any subject.)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Genji Registered Senior Member

So what if someone doesn't believe there was a holocaust?? I know there was a holocaust, but if some nazi group or illuminati nut wants to disbelieve then let him disbelieve! Freedom to not believe is still legal in the USA.
    I just tire of the whining and hand wringing done by Judeofascist groups across the globe that use the holocaust card to justify their permanent victim status. Many millions upon millions suffered during WW2. Judeofascist groups want to own the holocaust, as if others didn't meet the same fate by the millions as well.
    Using the holocaust to promote zionism, hatred of all not licking the boots of Israel and using it to promote the hatefilled agenda of the global zionist movement is a far worse crime than allowing some delusional rightwinger to deny there was a holocaust.
    Enough with the pity party. It is more & more difficult to sympathize with such self righteous whiners.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Holocaust deniers have their agenda, which is to promote hatred of Jews. Some people that urge greater awareness of the holocaust have their agenda too, to illustrate why Jewish people need a state from which to defend their very existence. Which is worse?

8. Genji Registered Senior Member

Israel apologia. I'm allergic.

9. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I think some people admit it happened, but really don't give a shit and are sick of everyone giving a shit so they just deny it to piss them off.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Genji,
    It's a soverign nation that bigots intend to destroy. The holocaust never ended, it's still festering in the minds of fascists and haters, that's why no one should forget. Perhaps it's an inconvenient truth, perhaps it reminds you of your own tenuous place in society as a minority.

11. Genji Registered Senior Member

....as a minority myself I have to say there is a weeee difference between theocratic apartheid funded by the US and being a queer in Kansas.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Israel is a democracy.

13. Genji Registered Senior Member

It is a theocratic apartheid junta financed by US taxpayers. It is a rogue nation with WMD's.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Well sure it sounds bad when you say it like that.
    It's interesting how a relatively small number of refugees kept that title and exploited their victimhood status for 50 years, and became the "Palestinians". You might be sick of Jews bringing up the holocaust and Israel, but perhaps they are sick of not being able to talk about the holocaust without being accused of some devious agenda.
    I would never say it should be illegal, but you would have to agree, it is amazing that people do deny the holocaust. The true extent of the carnage was beyond belief. That's why it's important, and that's why it's viewed as so unbelievable. Jews or anyone else that brings it up could have numerous reasons to keep that tragedy in the public eye. For instance, the threat of fascism.

15. Genji Registered Senior Member

It's astounding some people don't believe in the Armenian holocaust. It's astounding to theists that some people don't believe in gods.

16. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Being a perpetual victim is a scary way to run a life and even scarier when it's a group of people.

17. Genji Registered Senior Member

Scarier still when they are a wealthy powerful group of people driving the foreign policy of the world's sole superpower.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The sad thing is that Jews have been perpetual victims for more than 2,000 years. Now they have a tiny state where Jews have always lived, and the victimization continues at the hands of nationalist Arabs (who also happened to have sided with Hitler, coincidence?).

19. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Those denying the holocost are weakminded simpletons that deserve to be in it!

20. River Ape Valued Senior Member

I think some people are honestly baffled that anyone should "deny" the Holocaust. I recommend them to visit some of the Revisionist websites and find out what it's all about. Much of the "evidence" for the Holocaust that was presented at the end of WWII was ropey in the extreme. It was cooked up by the same people (or else the same sort of people) who had been in charge of wartime propaganda, and who had little regard for truth or accuracy. The Nuremberg trials were sometimes little better than the show trials of Stalin's Russia in their proceedings. Many individual stories of supposed survivors were simply fictitious, and they were certainly in conflict in many of their details.

It is because so much of what was produced as evidence in these early days can be discredited by research that some people have come to believe that the Holocaust was, if not make-believe, then much exaggerated in extent. It cannot be doubted that the famous "six million" figure emerged long before it was wise to hazard an estimate. Oddly, the composition of this six million (in terms of nationalities) has varied to an extraordinary degree over the years. It is as if there is a demand to reach this figure one way or another -- or else! So far as I am concerned, estimating the number of victims is highly problematic.

Again, it used to be part of the Holocaust story that Zyklon B gas was the agent of death. Even Jewish sources now play this down. It would never have been a very handy way of dispatching anyone, and one wonders if it was actually used at all except for purposes of disinfection.

The video The Truth Behind the Gates of Auschwitz can be found on youtube. It makes interesting viewing.

21. Kaz Registered Member

Heh, well put, dark.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

River Ape, I've got an alternative theory for you. The victimization actually occurred but the evidence was tampered with. Certain parties want us to know that it actually happened. They also want that knowledge to rest on shaky ground so that when we investigate closely we don't know what to believe. This is so that most people will just take the word of "authority." It's also so more people will get drunk and take drugs because reality makes them seasick.

23. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

If it didn't happen, why did the Jewish, Polish and Gypsy populations decrease so rapidly, and where did the relatives of the survivors go?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.