How Can I Become A Genius?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by §outh§tar, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Hypnotizing yourself to tell yourself you can do things you can't would likely just give you some psychological problems. Perhaps it's better you don't hypnotize yourself, and let a professional do it, if at all.
    Does it now? Can you justify that statement?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

In the end, I will.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dissolute Registered Member

check out Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. it may be possible to reproduce the ability of autistic savants by inhibiting/stimulating(a combination) specific areas of the brain.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

You mean passing a magnet over your brain? Or using a taser on your cranium?

I have heard however that lightning bolts have been responsible for "unlocking" vast intellectual abilities in people..

8. candy Valued Senior Member

Try using both hands so you use both sides of your brain.

9. Uberkuh Registered Member

Right, like Iraq.

You misunderstand the concept of genius. A relative few are endowed, usually posthumously, with the superhuman title of "genius" for one simple reason: success. A genius is one who fails more times than most people try and who finally succeeds. Choose to achieve something about which you are completely passionate, which virtually no one has tried, and try, try, try, try, try until you reach a modicum of success. Then, forget sleep and go at it again until you have almost killed yourself from various forms of self-neglect. If you are lucky, say, one in a few million, then you will accomplish what none have dared (and for good reason!). Your name will be written in the stars! And, then, you will die like the rest of us

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But you will have made a difference. Most people just take up space.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

O-k.... So the answer to the original question is very easy....:

Stand up on top of the empire state building holding up a metal stick of some sort in a very stormy day!

That was easy...

11. kmguru Staff Member

Do not encourage him, he may just do it....

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

oh, come on, do it §outh§tar. Perhaps you are successful.

13. Enigma'07 Who turned out the lights?!?! Registered Senior Member

why go to the Empire State building? either standing in a flat field holding onto a metal rod, or sitting in a metal rowboat in the middle of a lake with the rod would work too.

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

§outh§tar... if you are a girl, whatever you do with that rod...... don't hold it!!!

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

You guyz were all thinking something 'stupid', weren't ya...?

16. Facial Valued Senior Member

For SouthStar:

The part of the brain that stores your memories, the subconscious (mostly located in the right hemisphere), cannot be accessed readily by the conscious part, mostly located on the left hemisphere.

Check out hypnosis on howstuffworks.com i love that website. I saw a stage hypnosis perform on my high school grad night, and even a skeptical scientist like me can attest that it's real.

One interesting thing : Your subconscious, despite its vast reservoir of memory, cannot count simple numbers. This guy was like counting his fingers while he was hypnotized, and he said, "1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 ... and there's the 11th thumb" and a girl said "1,2,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, ... 9?" in confusion. Both were asked beforehand how many fingers they had, and both said 10, because that's a part of their memory (you don't count your fingers every single time someone asks you how many fingers you have).

17. Facial Valued Senior Member

Another thing: I think self-hypnosis would only make you remember things, and maybe not read superfast or do other crazy things. But as I witnessed, it definitely can make you improvise things extremely fast, and without fear of embarrassment.

18. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Actually, it can count faster and better than you can consciously. Those examples are after it has been suggested that certain numbers don't exist. You can really confuse a person that way while under hypnosis, but it doesn't last.
    It isn't just able to aid memory recall. It enables you to influence your psyche. You can alter the way your mind works, and to some extent, your body.

19. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

I'm going to find some hypnosis tapes and play them over and over and over and over and over and over and...

EDIT: (After listening)
    EUREKA! I have found the meaning of life!

20. Facial Valued Senior Member

SouthStar, not to digress, but what is the meaning of life?

I say life is about having sex and getting kids.

21. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

To go out better than you came in.

22. Uberkuh Registered Member

Facial, meaning is intrinsic in everything you think and do. Meaning is the fabric of consciousness. So, the meaning of life is the culmination of life's meaning, and this necessarily differs for each person.

Oh, and Facial? Try not to assume that all women want kids or are obligated to procreate, would you? It makes you look a tad more misogynistic than I think you intend

23. RawThinkTank Banned Banned

Never stay hungry, that destroys brain cells, but dont over eat or that will slow U down.