How Can I Become A Genius?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by §outh§tar, Jun 17, 2004.

1. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

About the only thing you could really work on is increasing your crystallized intelligence to the point that you practically have all the "literary material" at your disposal: hope that your fluid intelligence can take you the rest of the way.

I'm not saying you can't contribute to humanity: what I AM saying is that it won't be on the level of Gauss, Newton, Einstein, Socrates, Leibniz, Pascal and others like them. Of course, there could be a first time so I invite you to prove me wrong.

I'm sure you can find ways to exercise your creativity and use it to arrive at new conclusions in any field of your choosing but I highly doubt that you'll find something earth-shattering unless you've shown signs of genius early on in your life. Good luck!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Are you insinuating that genes are the deciding factor?

I am sure with advancements in stem cell, I could grow my heart to the size of a basketball and get all the oxygen my brain needs.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. vslayer Registered Senior Member

people who are smarter have more complex brains, i saw a documentary on a baby who had the top of the skull taken off beauce i fused too soon, the thing grew about 3times its normal size and yet he is 18 months begind in meantla development.

someone with a larger brain would have slower thought processes because the brain would have longer neural pathways, whereas someone with a small but complex brain would be thinking faster than a rat on steroids

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RawThinkTank Banned Banned

Never accept anything without explanation.

E.g. Do U know how gravity works ?

8. -iLluSiON- Registered Senior Member

Listen to Bach. 'Nuff said.

Or the band Emperor.

9. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

I recently heard an interesting quote: "Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see." - Arthur Schopenhauer

10. kriminal99 Registered Senior Member

The problem with asking how to become a genius is that the term implies a relative position to other people. There really isn't such a thing, its just a human perception. People want to believe they are unique, their friends and role models are unique, etc. If you wanted to comprehend the world better you should probably start by understanding logic really well and then learning about different subjects, but this is obviously not why you are asking or you would have already done it.

Not that people don't have brains that might work slightly faster than other people, or that people don't surpass others in knowledge or understanding in a field. Anotherwords, if you were einstein and you saw everything that he did to make him wonder about and understand the world around him you would figure out everything he did. But since his life sent him farther by chance then his contemporaries in his quest for knowledge he was marked as a "genius". Fame is simply about being in the right places at the right times.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
  11. vslayer Registered Senior Member

yes, curiosity is also a major factor in the practical part of it, if someone with the best brain on earth just accepted things as they were and didnt question them then we would not recognise them as geius at all

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Steps to becoming a genius:

1. Be smart
    2. Study up until you're an expert in a particular subject.
    3. Make a new advance in that subject.
    4. Make sure it's a subject which many people will appreciate your great contribution.
    5. Wait until you're old enough, or maybe until after you die, when people will be happy to recognise your genius.

13. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Do something new and great, perhaps even important. Then, go and kill yourself. It´s similar to the way JamesR wrote down, only much faster.

14. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Welcome to Sciforums Dwayne D.L.Rabon.

15. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

ThankYou southstar for a well needed laugh.
    i am not laughing at you!
    i am just laughing at the contempory concepts surroundiing the things peopel concive of in relation to the topic and how some have responded like james R
    and Dreamwalker.
    Yes Genes have a great deal to do with it but that does not limit people as much as other factors.
    most peoples biggest hurdle to becoming vastly more intellegent is themselfs.
    the one thing about this world is that money buys almost anything, and gives a standard of life that far out weighs many of lifes difficulties, often you will find a correlative equation of finacial privilage to be that of the nature of genius by self fullfilling prophecy.
    maybe the real question you should ask yourself is what is it that you wish to achive by certain levels of increased ability.
    once you identify those then you may find you do not need to increase your I.Q score ten fold to feel happy or fullfilled.
    your question does hold a certain amount of ... how could i put it,
    umm well .. just think about what the knolledge you ask about would be worth to those who have billions of dollars.
    if there was a documented method it would already be owned and bookshelved by a billionaire.
    if you have a little read of the biographys of those named as genius then you will find that that are never rich and mostly manipulated and outcast by those in positions of power from paranoiya-fear, of loosing thier empires of money, hence greed, hence mental illness.
    there are lots of informational result type findings from variouse university type people who have investigated certain aspects of the concept of "genius"
    lots of reading for you there, but you may need to start with terminology as it can be a whole different language.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  16. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Hmm... Here's some interesting anagrams of Dwayne D.L. Rabon:
    A BAD DR LEO WYNN
    BY A WONDERLAND
    A DRAWN BED ONLY
    AWARD OLD BENNY
    ALBANY DROWNED
    BLOW DRY DEANNA
    WRY BONDED ANAL
    DRY ANAL NOB DEW
    DROWNED BY ANAL
    ANAL DREW BY DON
    BAD WARDEN ONLY
    BANNED YARD OWL

17. Facial Valued Senior Member

Hmmm. I would agree with James R.

Some of my own tips:

~You can learn self-hypnosis and remember nearly everything.

~The ancient Greeks were able to recite entire books because they (relative to us) had a lack of writing materials. Try not to write down anything, if it's not that important.

~Don't use a calculator on two, three, or four digit arithmetic, but only if you have time.

18. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Sorry Alpha, but I don't know what an anagram is..

You see, I wasn't born in a "1st world"..

19. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Self hypnosis sounds like the lazy way out.

I'm intrigued, tell me more.

20. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Nonetheless, you are on the internet and it would only take a couple seconds to look up the definition. An anagram is where you rearrange the letters in a word or phrase to make new words or phrases.

BTW, self hypnosis isn't a "lazy way out", and shouldn't be played with if you don't know what you're doing. It's a way of interacting with your subconscious. There are books you can read on the subject, some of which teach you how, if you're interested.

21. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

No he should have bought Bach, especially Air, that one makes you feel a genious at least as it plays - or maybe I consider him to be a genious...

Now that I think about it, you could become a genious by choosing a good role-model. Look at what he have said in his life and try to see what he meant by it, try to picture it and "live it" for a while, maybe you see what he saw?

22. kmguru Staff Member

Go ask a Genius....

23. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Oooh.. I have used anagrams before, just didn't know what they were.

As for self hypnosis, do I tell myself that I can read a page in mere seconds, I can think super-creatively, or what?

End justifies the means.