How are you able to "see" the big bang with a radio telescope?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by garbonzo, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

Hi AlexG:

Your point is well taken. In other words, since all of space is filled with the CMBR, it would mask any line of sight observation to a front, even if such a front (or path) existed. But we don't think of it as a front since the originating source was apparently a plasma that filled all of the primordial universe. Therefore the radiation was not emanating from the "surface" but within the "volume" itself, and continues to permeate space throughout the expansion.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

The same thing that exists in a black hole or singularity exists outside space time or the universe. Which is why you can't find gravitons.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

I can only assume by this comment that you believe space isn't expanding... Which is only correct if you also assume that whatever outside space is also expanding...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

You assume wrong (no surprise).

The universe is expanding everywhere, so there is no wave front or edge, and there is no 'outside space'.

8. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

....... No opposition to this expansion... Well thank you Newton for being absolutely incorrect. I guess I'll just discount that information when I speak to you...

9. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

You seem to discount all information. That would explain it.

10. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Keyword being seem...

Thank you for discounting the previous tangent post in your "response".

11. Robittybob1 Banned Banned

Was there a center to this cloud of charged ions?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Even the space that this cloud once occupied (which must still exist) would suffice as the center of the Universe.
    If the analogy of the dough with raisins "imagining the universe as a gigantic blob of dough. Embedded in the dough are a bunch of raisins, spread throughout. The dough represents space, and the raisins represent the galaxies. " Even a blob of dough will have some sort of center.
    http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=274

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  12. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

The 'cloud' of ions filled the universe so, no, there was no center and there was no edge.

Yes, the 'cloud' still exists and you are part of the that 'cloud'. Are you the center of the universe? If you are a teenager, you will probably answer yes to that question.

Yep, and that is one area where that particular analogy breaks down. The analogy is only to help visualize one aspect of the big bang and that is in relation to the changes in distance between galaxies.

13. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

And at one time there was no universe or time. This empty non existent "space" still exists there just isn't any hydrogen atoms occupying it... Or they are about the size of your house which statistically probably couldn't be considered an atom. Which is interesting considering anything inside a black hole technically isn't either.

Einstein specifically realized this type of duplicity existed, which is why we have two slightly different theories waiting for someone to connect the dots between the astronomic and elemental.

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note: matters of psychological manipulation, religion, insanity and so on have been moved to a separate thread:

[thread=113225]link[/thread]

15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I think that was probably a good move.

16. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

I think James did ok... Some points were connected to posts with vast issues but he did manage to highlight the pertinent points and restart the thread basically from where we all went wrong.

We can do this as many times as you want. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

17. Emil Valued Senior Member

A proposal to wait a bit.
    Maybe somewhere in the universe has been another BB, but the information (light) has not yet reached us.