How about a vote?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Balerion, May 14, 2014.

1. Balerion Banned Banned

The constant misbehavior of moderators has only seemed to have increased since Syne was demoted. Unrest among the membership really seems high, at least to me, as it concerns the state of moderation at this website. This got me to thinking: What if we were allowed to vote for our leaders?

I understand that the odds of this happening are slim (read: zero) but I think it could be worthwhile to have a vote anyway. Perhaps it could curtail the more outlandish mod behavior by reminding the troublemakers that they don't have the support of the membership.

So what say the powers that be? May we have ourselves a little vote?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Not saying I disagree... But, as it's been pointed out to me, by more than one mod, SF is NOT a democracy... Probably never will be.

So, yeah, never gonna happen.

So, my only advice to the rank and file is... If you can deal with how things are, stay... If not, well, just shut the door, and move on. Life is short, don't waste time...

I believe in fighting the good fight. Standing up to my opposition with balled up fists...

But, this fight is unwinnable. Accept it Balerion...

Life isn't fair.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Balerion Banned Banned

Even if we vote unofficially, it could be a valuable tool for the staff. It could let them know where they stand.

Hell, forget the vote; if we had an open, honest discussion by the members regarding their feelings about the mods, without the fear of getting shouted down or infracted, or having the thread closed, maybe we could work towards mending fences. I mean, if I had my way, several mods would be demoted, but I know not everyone feels as strongly as I do, and I think we'd all settle for better behavior.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Well i tell ya what... i dont realy blame the mods... i blame the aparent lack of leadership from the top.!!!

I thank that sombody bein in charge... hell... anybody bein in charge... woud at least make Scifourms more consistent in its moderation.!!!

I dont realy care if Scifourms is very strict or anythang goes... just lets us know an then we can beter self moderate... an be more acceptin of moderation when we do brake a rule... an of course the mods also need to be held responsible if they brake the rules.!!!

All this has alredy been presented to the top guys but they jus seem to ignore or make excuses.!!!

Im guessin the "owners" dont give a sht ether way as long as the place is makin money... which is fine wit me... but it just seems like that the known powers that be... James R... Tiassa... Stryder... ant bein honest about why ther ant a goal for Scifourms that we coud all get behind.!!!

In the meantime... if the curent wakyness is ok wit the bosses... its ok wit me to... kinda like a roller coaster ride thru a fun-house wit wanna-be monsters... LOL.!!!