Hot, Passionate Sex!

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Bowser, May 1, 2019.

1. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I think great sex comes from knowing another person well enough to know what turns them on. Doesn't mean you need to be in a relationship, but the better the overall connection (intellectually, emotionally, physically) the better the sex will be, imo.

billvon and exchemist like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

The question wasn't for myself. if you want to offer an opinion?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I don't know, Wegs. Perhaps I'm a dirty old man. It doesn't take much to get my motor running...still...at my age.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Tee hee! It's PG-rated. That's so adorable.

8. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Age can be the wild card for your question.

I was thinking at a young age and it affects a future psyche indefinitely, and you're talking about old age.

To be honest

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

For me, that'd have to be some really really good sex.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  9. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Did you take the time to watch it

10. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

In which way? I mean, if you settle for laying a rug rather than a ride on a roller coaster, what are your expectations?

11. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

You trying to kill off the old guys?
    The original question wasn't whether you enjoyed sex - it's pleasure, and we enjoy pleasure - so what? The question was:
    which is a lot like asking whether a really great meal at Chez Pierre was worth a lifetime of fasting.
    Nope. Pleasure is always better than lack of pleasure, but a variety of pleasures, joys, satisfactions and delights in moderation spread over a lifetime beats the hell out of a single obsession.

12. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I don't know about that. My father grew up eating possum and squirrels. The one and only time his father took him to town and bought him a hamburger was unforgettable. Sure, if your hungry a possum or a squirrel might seem pretty good, but it doesn't compare to a real cheese burger.

13. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

And he never wanted another?

14. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

He never wanted possum or squirrel again. I'm sorry, did my OP limit you to just one cheese burger?

15. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

The OP asked us if one amazing cheeseburger, the kind that leaves you breathless and your heart pounding, is worth a lifetime of ordinary cheeseburgers.

The answer is obviously no.

16. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

No, possum and squirrels. But if you had been eating possum and squirrels all your life and suddenly got your hands on a cheese burger, would you go back to eating possum and squirrels?

I think I understand. You feel fortunate to have had possum and squirrels, and you would settle for possum and squirrels, having never had a cheese burger?

17. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

The OP didn't compare apples and oranges. It compared spectacular apples with ordinary apples.

A priest and a rabbi:
    Priest: Be honest. Have you ever tried bacon?
    Rabbi: Well, yes, once.
    Priest: Be honest. It's pretty good, isn't it?
    Rabbi: Well... yes. But you be honest. Have you ever had sex?
    Priest: Well, yes, once.
    Rabbi: It's better than bacon, isn't it?

candy and exchemist like this.
  18. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I get it. You're satisfied with your basket of apples. look no further then.

19. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

A bird in the hand is worth two pipe dreams.

20. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Eh, if you're equating the saying: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved before... to merely sex -you're seriously fucking with my head.

sideshowbob likes this.
  21. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

SEX is but a small fraction of life's experience, but it should be fantastic nonetheless. If you have a best friend who loves you, and is also your lover, kudos to you. I hope you go at it like wild monkeys...often.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  22. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I skimmed through it - out of purely academic interest of course. She's wearing modesty bits.

23. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Single does, in fact, mean, one. Yes.
    One great meal or a lifetime of ordinary meals. For me a cheeseburger is almost as underwhelming as possum, but the question was a choice between one extraordinary experience and many ordinary ones. In apple parlance, I suppose you'd take that one in Eden and never crave apple again, but as sex goes, I've managed all right with just pretty good, reliably, safely and frequently - I wouldn't trade that for the receding memory of a Brief Encounter.