Homosexuality - Nature or Nurture?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Cellar_Door, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lmao!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It's not a "comparison", it's an "analogy". Check out the differences, then get back to me. Or not!

Agreed. But I want to ....just like the gays want to suck.... Opps, see, I'm not permitted to even say what they do because even sciforums considers it nasty and obscene!!

Just like you think gays should be allowed to do as they want, I should be allowed to do as I want. And if that's spewing hate, intolerance and schoolyard bully braggadocio, then you should support me in my efforts!

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Makes a big, big difference! If it's nurture, then the only people we need to hate is those who've had direct contact with the gay kid. If it's nature, then we have to hate hundreds, perhaps thousands, of his family and ancestors ...all the way back to the days of the Neanderthals! That takes a lot of effort to hate that many people!

See? It does make a difference!

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

Giambattista I'm really sorry I missed your post. Perhaps you need to start colouring your text to make it more noticeable

Ok, fair point. However, on the subject of contraception, we should remember that it's a concious and responsible decision made by a couple. Usually because they are not ready to have a baby or are anxious to prevent the contraction of STIs. I don't agree that there is a natural instinct to stop in the heat of the moment and put a condom on. Sexual education plays a huge part in our decision to use protection. Many more babies are born in countries where this education and instruction isn't so readily available.

But there are reasons for people's likes and dislikes.

The nature of their family unit and upbringing; their location; their culture and race; their gender; their age; and even their genetics and memories can all play a part. I don't think anyone here thinks that homosexuality is extraordinary in any way, and I have never contested the fact it is just another preference.

As for masturbation, I don't agree that this shows we are excited by our own genitalia. Self-stimulation has many health benefits, as does the release it provides. For example, it lowers blood pressure, relieves stress and boredom and has also been proven to lower the risk of prostate cancer in men. In other ways it can be seen as practice for intercourse.

I've addressed a lot of this already, but you're absolutely right in the sense that homosexuality probably isn't exclusively either a case of nature or nurture.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought you might be capable of a normal discussion. I was obviously mistaken.

8. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Nurture? Well, if your idea of "nurture" gravitates toward cognitive psychology, then no. Two lesbos could rear a child from infancy to adulthood, and it wouldn't have too much effect on whether or not the kid comes out gay, all variables equal. I have always thought that subtle dietary variations during early childhood could potentially have some sort of effect. No telling. But no, you can't teach a person to be gay.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  9. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Whichever you choose to call it, bullshit stinks.

You can't tell or won't admit the difference between consenting adults doing what they will & things which directly harm others. It's absurd.
    Yet you think you know what a genuine man is & bray about it.

Effort which could be very useful if focused on something productive.
    If you need to hate & have to hate, it doesn't matter whether it's nature or nurture or both. You will find some group(s) to hate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2009
  10. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Baron Max: No, I don't have to hate thousands of generations of humanity. For all of that time, the majority of the human race was barely aware that gay people existed at all. The reason that gay people were persecuted during late medieval times was that the Church was telling people that gay men were a bunch of child-rapers. As a result of this belief, I take the persecution as it was directed: it was directed against a bunch of child-rapers, not men who merely have sex with men but otherwise mind their own business.

If I must "hate" anybody, I should direct that loathing at the corruption and dishonesty that infested the Church during this time period. It was corruption, in fact, that culminated in the Catholic Church's backing of the so-called Sun King. My loathing should be directed against corruption and lies in general. The fact is that gay men have had two problems in latter years:

Firstly, there are still Christians out there who are afraid of gay people, and they think that associating with gay people will make them "dirty" somehow. This is a hangover from the lies that were spread by the Medieval Church, and modern Christians are mostly not to blame for these lies. They should be chastized for stupidly continuing to believe them, but this is the limit. The consequence of this is that gay men have fewer defenses against would-be bullies. Because they do not have as many reliable friends, they often find themselves on their own in facing the cruelties of the world.

Now, the other problem faced by gay men is that there is an inferior race in our society that has presumed to "rule" other people for centuries. They are people who suffer from a grossly inflated sense of entitlement. They are people who evaluate their worth in terms of how much they can take from others. They are people who evaluate their intelligence in terms of how well they can tell lies. They are people who evaluate physical strength in terms of their cruelty toward others. They are an inferior race that has been responsible for all of the evils that have ever plagued Mankind. It is our duty to genetically asphixiate these inferior, broken creatures. I especially advocate longer prison terms for violent offenders and forced sterilization as an alternative penalty. We can deal with aggression problems in humans in the same way that we deal with them in dogs. Genocide is the answer.

I think that, throughout history, most people have been relatively decent for most of the time. I think that, for most of our history, the majority of human beings have rarely asked for more than an honest day's work and food on the table. I don't think that the majority of our species is to blame. The problems have always been due to alleged human beings who lived under the belief that the world somehow owed them something, and they wanted it to tick and tock around the premise of filling their lives with undeserved privileges. Fortunately, they also had a habit of murdering each other, so there were always relatively few of them around at any given time.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Hey, that's fine ...just as long as you hate someone or some group! Hate is what makes things in this world go 'round ....hate is a wonderful thing. Hell, it must be, the greater majority of humans do it regularly.

Baron Max

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Should any and all societies of humans permit consenting adults to do anything and everything that they want as long as it doesn't harm others in the same society?

I should have made that a thread unto itself, but I'm feeling lazy.

Baron Max

13. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

yes yes i know !
    ya get that from being a petrol sniffer.

14. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

1 vote yes !

although things like driving cars while they pollute the air and kill off hundreds of thousands of people per year from the deadly fumes is kinda still rated as cool.

15. mike47 Banned Banned

Homosexuality is a man made habit whereas some gays go straight after they meet a nice person of the opposite sex .

16. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

yeah right !
    and all those homosexual animals were made by man also ?

17. mike47 Banned Banned

Who created whom and how is another issue open for debate .
    Homosexuals are people who got into a habit that can be modified under better circumstances .

18. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Have you ever been gay? So how do you know?

And draqon has a point. How could such animals fall into this habit? If it truly were a habit, then it would be a naturally occuring habit. Either way, gayness seems to have a fully natural presence in the world. It's been with us forever... and it's never going to go away. Fighting it is illogical.

19. mike47 Banned Banned

Why are you calling people animals...?. I thought we are debating ideas and not calling fokls names . There is nothing illogical in fighting something you do not believe in or that you see as unhealthy crap .

20. WillNever Valued Senior Member

Scientifically speaking, people ARE animals. And since this is a scientific discussion, calling them animals is completely normal. Try to grow up a little.

And why exactly don't you believe in people being gay? Are you religious or something? What is unhealthy about it?

And if it is unhealthy, then why does it persist in nature, across so many species of animals?

21. mike47 Banned Banned

People learn from life itself and I know what I am talking about . I am telling things that I know for FACT . I am not religious and I think all religions are man made . I do not see homosexuality as being healthy to me, to my friends, to my loved ones and to the rest of man kind . So speaking against it is neither illogical nor immoral . You want to blame nature or God for an unacceptable behaviour....go ahead....but you can not fool me....loool .

22. WillNever Valued Senior Member

You seem to have a hard time giving straight answers to straight questions. What bad has come to you, your friends, or you loved ones as a direct result of homosexuality? Did a homo piss in your cornflakes this morning, or what?

23. mike47 Banned Banned

hahaha...thank you for making me laugh .
    Suppose I have a son. Do I want my son to be a homo and lives with another guy OR to have a nice wife, nice children and true family happiness ?. Did you get the picture...?.