Homosexuality cured?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TimeTraveler, Jan 1, 2007.

1. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

I knew the time was coming, and here it is.
    Soon we will have a straightening patch. You'll be able to give this patch to your baby, and it will make your baby straight. This is the cure for homosexuality if it works.

http://pageoneq.com/rssfeedstuff/index.php?id=10250

I think parents should be able to select, sexuality, race, and gender of the fetus. Genes should be chosen in a lab.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bells Staff Member

Why does homosexuality need to be "cured"?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. imaplanck. Banned Banned

We would lose a whole genre of humour.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Tragic.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Because humans cannot accept homosexuality, they HATE HOMOSEXUALS.

8. imaplanck. Banned Banned

I disagree, I think the french are ok.

9. Bells Staff Member

So homosexuals also hate and don't accept themselves and each other? Or are you saying they are somehow outside of the human species? I am a human and I don't hate homosexuals nor do I not accept them. What's your point?

Do you have proof that all humans on this planet hate homosexuals and cannot accept them?

You still haven't given a good enough reason as to why homosexuals supposedly need to be cured. Cured of what? Why does homosexuality need to be cured? Homophobic rants don't really count.

10. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

You are not a human, you are an alien. Humans are supposed to hate each other and race each other to extinction.

The majority of humans, hate other humans. That includes homosexuals, the majority of homosexuals hate other homosexuals. If you don't hate homosexuals and other humans, maybe something is wrong withyou? the masses can't be wrong right?

Do you support social engineering or genetic engineering? Do you support racism, or genetically enhanced designer babies? do you support homophobia, or curing homosexuality?

Don't you get it? The majority of the people on planet earth, the mass man, is a hater. Nothing you ever say, do, or prove will ever change how these people feel, it's 100% impossible. Instead of trying to change how people feel, give people something else to hate, and give solutions which don't require hate

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  11. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Bells"So homosexuals also hate and don't accept themselves and each other? Or are you saying they are somehow outside of the human species? I am a human and I don't hate homosexuals nor do I not accept them. What's your point?

Do you have proof that all humans on this planet hate homosexuals and cannot accept them?

You still haven't given a good enough reason as to why homosexuals supposedly need to be cured. Cured of what? Why does homosexuality need to be cured? Homophobic rants don't really count."

I dont think anyone would choose to be homosexual. Apart from the obvious social disquiet and the relative difficulty in finding a partner, there is an impossibility of conceiving children with your partner.

12. orcot Valued Senior Member

mind control 's is always bad.

13. Bells Staff Member

I am?

Hmmm.. I guess I really should ask my mother if she bonked an alien instead of my father..

So we are all meant to hate each other and ourselves? You're not making sense at all.

You have absolute proof of this I take it?

You have proof that as humans we all hate other humans and homosexuals all hate all other homosexuals?

I don't hate all other humans on this planet. I don't know every human on this planet, so how can I say I hate them? Doing so would make me irrational and paranoid. I am married, have a son, parents, family and friends, all human, and I don't hate them. So where exactly are you getting the 'every human hates all other humans on the planet' belief or theory? Proof deary? Otherwise I'm just going to think you're a bit of a crackpot.

Okay. Crackpot it is then. You still have no proof that the majority of the billions of people on this planet hates everyone else.

You are attributing something to every single human being on this earth based on your own warped view of humanity. Not everyone hates everyone and not everyone has a problem with people of other races, sexuality, sex, colour, etc. You might, but not everyone else. So I guess the issue here is you.

Do you honestly think genetic engineering is going to make everyone just 'lurve' everyone else? Ermm ok. What about personalities? Are you going to make them all the same as well so we all get along? Genetic engineering is not going to make everyone get along.

Homosexuals have children and live happily. Straight people have equal problems finding a partner. Some never do. Some also never have children.

In the meantime, I have to agree with this statement from TT's article:

Now think about it. Which would you rather "cure"? Cancer, the common cold (flu), HIV/AIDS, diabetes, etc or homosexuality? Which do you think would benefit society more in the long run? Now I don't know about you, but I'd imagine all those 'hating' humans out there would choose self preservation and possible cures for diseases which actually kill them, than looking for a cure for homosexuality. At a guess, I'd say most of those humans, even though we all detest each other (according to TT), we'd still rather cure diseases that can kill us instead of curing homosexuality...

14. imaplanck. Banned Banned

No I wasnt talking of adoption or surragocy! It is currently impossible for two people of the same sex to join their genetic material.
    About only 5-10% of the population are homosexual, this actually makes finding a compatable partner exponentially more difficult than for hetros(and many hetros have problems with this ,as some forum members here will bear out).

15. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Many homosexuals do not accept their orientation and have struggled with it all their lives. Its not that theyre outside of the human species, its that they recognize its abnormality. If everyone was gay there wouldnt be any human species...not for long anyway.

Why shouldnt there be a choice for homosexuals who would rather be straight?

16. Carcano Valued Senior Member

BTW, does anyone have any stats on the occurance of homosexuality in the animal world. Are there any species more prone to it than others???

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If the mechanism for homosexuality is known, couldn't it also work the other way? Not curing it, but causing it?

18. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

We need a poll.

So: who'd allow these cranks to inject hormones into their baby's brain? I wouldn't.

Where would our next generation of male painters and ballerinas come from? And what about hot lesbian mechanics?
    Is this proof that these rams are homosexual - rather than, say, confused?

How much 'considerable success'? And how many is 'some'?

Yes, let's breed out the queers; the retards; the left-handers; the ones with annoying mannerisms..

If there's anything in this, then it's interesting, as it supports the idea of a biological basis for homosexuality. But to go on and say that a naturally-occurring difference implies inferiority, and should be removed, is dangerous beyond words. I'm sure there are many people in the world who would like to breed out black skin. That doesn't mean we should let them.

No doubt people will now tell me that being black is 'normal' and being homosexual is 'abnormal'. Good, because I'm interested in hearing your justification for it.

19. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

I think curing hatred would do the human race a world more good than curing homosexuality. Hatred should be topping the list of things that need to be cured

20. Sputnik Banned Banned

Your quote says , these techniques would allow parents in the future to "play God " ....

Is that what you want : Man playing God !!!!

If our sexuality,race and gender is good enough for God ... then it is good enough for me !! :m:

21. Bells Staff Member

That's the thing isn't it? "Curing" homosexuality is not a cure for hatred.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am well aware that homosexuals do not choose their sexual orientation and it is a lifelong struggle for them. But this article does not mean to cure it to stop them having to suffer. It's saying to cure them because homosexuality is apparently wrong and as TT said, everyone on this planet hate it and them. Hmmm so instead of dealing with people who feel that way, attempt to breed them out of existence? That's not a cure. That is merely pushing people's hatred of others under the carpet and hope for the best.

TT, you have still failed to give a reason as to why homosexuality needs to be cured, instead of say cancer or HIV/AIDS for example.

Homosexuality is not a disease to be cured.

------------------------------------------------------

And? Does that still mean they need to be "cured"?

How will curing them allow them to meet or find a compatible partner when even hetrosexuals have problems finding not just a compatible partner, but anyone at all. As for offspring. A lot of couples (straight ones that is) have to refer to IVF and donor eggs or sperm to allow them to have children. It's quite common.

Do you think homosexuals and homosexuality is somehow abnormal? Do you think it needs to be cured?

As for choice, that's quite interesting in this instance. Because homosexuals would have the choice taken from them. If what this research alleges comes to fruition, homosexuals would not have a choice because people can take hormone therapy to ensure their child is born of a certain sexuality. So there would be no choice for homosexuals to be straight.

I would be interested to know how some would react if a couple decide to have a homosexual child instead of a straight one for example. Would they be ostracised by society? Would homosexuality become illegal again? Would people's hatred of homosexuality continue to fester and how would they react if a couple decide to not have the treatment to ensure a straight child and their child is homosexual. Would that child be ostracised and feel the condemnation of society because its parents decided to not have the treatment?

Or will everyone be forced to undergo the treatment? Hmmmm and here I thought this was going to make hatred of homosexuality disappear as far as TT's words are concerned. The possibilities that it could make the hatred worse or views of bigotted people towards homosexuality worse than it is today makes me wonder if we're "curing" the right thing.

22. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Precisely in the case of hatred curing the symtom(homos in this case) is not curing the disease. It would simply reinforce the maligiancy so that it would just be waiting under the surface for the next unacceptable thing to come along before it manifests itself again.

23. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

That's rather gay.

But, at least it would show that homosexuality is not a sin (if it is not deliberate). Besides, science does not concern itself with the evaluation of ethical questions. It's just the West's morbid enthrallment when it comes to sexuality that is causing the outcry. Now an experiment that shows how to transform Americans from sheep into people. That would gain world approval.

The people who these activists are concerned about, I think it suffices to presume they would be persecuted anyway. As an aside, any such application on humans will only lessen the extra emotional stress and humiliation of homosexuals. I don't see how the general view in "Iran" (how convenient that Iran's name, and not any western society is bandied by the academic) would be changed. Regardless homophobia persists, as Sock puppet path, says.

And, for all we know, the cured babies may end up being homophobes themselves. How lovely.