Homosexuality an Addiction, Says Candidate

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Giambattista, Nov 25, 2009.

?

Homosexuality is an addiction. Heterosexuality is not.

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    56.8%
  3. Anything can be an addiction! Define the word!

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

ok just to be clear hes a troll right? = mean he is a person playing a character that is supposed to provide us with a satirical example of ignorance right?

he has to be....its just not possible for the alternative to be true. -shakes head-

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

You're telling me that you actually believe that.

Go buy yourself a telescope.

~String

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Im sorry to tell you, wait im not, that the earth cannot possibly be flat. It is physically impossible.

And if the earth is flat, than why is it that i can see the sun, and than fly to the other end and see stars.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Arch_Rival Registered Senior Member

Actually there is an advantage in having homosexuals.

Not an advantage to the individual, but an advantage to the community as a whole. This could be why homosexuals persist in every generation and are not wiped out by evolution.

8. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

What you say about "all major faiths" is absolutely wrong. It's primarily the minor fundamentalist Christian sects in the backwaters of the United States that have evolution denialism written into their doctrine. The Catholics, the Anglicans, the Presbyterians, the Lutherans, the Mormons, the Methodists, the Eastern Orthodox, every "major" Christian denomination accepts evolution unremarkably and teaches it in their church-sponsored schools. The Pope himself has gone on record on the issue.

The Jews have no problem with it.

The Buddha was silent on the origin of life and the Buddhists absolutely embrace science as one of the paths to enlightenment.
    It has not been established that homosexuality is a hereditary condition so it's certainly not clear that evolution plays a role. The last report I read on the subject, several years ago, said they were investigating a possible relationship with conditions in utero.

I haven't seen anything more on that line of research, but I certainly haven't come across any reports of breakthroughs in the question of whether it's hereditary.

9. Arch_Rival Registered Senior Member

There was an article in Nature titled "Finger-length ratios and sexual orientation" sometime back. It suggests the level of androgen of the womb factors in if the unborn child will eventually grow up to have homosexual tendencies.

10. Bells Staff Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Blindman Valued Senior Member

Its so wonderful to see so many people talk about homosexuality with little or no understanding of the facts..

IS sex addictive.. Yes, does the sex of your partner/partners have anything to do with it.. NO.

Get with it people your still all mostly assuming homosexuality is morally corrupt disease.

How many of you sleep with fat women.. Is there a gene for that or did that fat whore of a mother lead you that way???

Just stirring the pot.