Homosexuality an Addiction, Says Candidate

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Giambattista, Nov 25, 2009.

?

Homosexuality is an addiction. Heterosexuality is not.

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    56.8%
  3. Anything can be an addiction! Define the word!

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Yes I want to see a Striaght person parade with all the floats and the daning and the wiggly wiggly and all of that.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

It has nothing to do with showing anything off, it has to do with the fact that they they are creating a venue of expression for themselves that helps a traditionally discriminated against group show the public that they are proud of who they are and there sexuality, and despite the discrimination they are going to remain proud.

So, I guess it is showing off in a way..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Sure they do when I was younger me and a couple of friends mistakenly went into a Gay bar in Toronto. And it was not 15 mins later that the waiter came up to us and asked yes asked are you gay. All of us said No we are not and then he told not asked he told us leave now or we will remove you. How is that for discrimination. And I have been told this by several people from all over the world they had similar things happen to them when they mistakenly went into a Gay bar.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pasta Registered Senior Member

I have nothing against the parades, more power to them.

My point is merely that when studly guys are just about naked and showing it off in these parades, they're pretty sexually charged. In some ways it seems more of a sexual nature parade than about pride.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  8. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I find this near impossible to believe. I live in Capitol hill in seattle which has the largest gay community in Washington state. I have had nothing but good experiences going into gay bars, everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is always great. I have never had a gay person actively partake in the type of discrimination they fight get rid of. :shrug:

9. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Considering being gay is a 100% sexual issue why would you not be suprised that these parades are sexually charged?

10. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Well good for you that is the first and I mean the first time I have heard that.

11. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I'm sure it is.

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

It sounds like these people are a little out of the ordinary for their demographic. Obviously if all they can talk about is sexuality then you're going to find out that they're gay rather soon after making their acquaintance. You may know dozens of other gay people who don't talk about it so you don't know. Even in today's more liberal and tolerant atmosphere, I suspect that many, if not most, gay people keep one foot in the closet.
    Then how do you know you're heterosexual? Maybe the reason it scares you is that deep down inside you really don't want to have sex with women. Believe me, you would not be the first man in that situation!
    Haven't you heard the term "closet"? I'm sure most of the gay people on this planet still live there. Certainly all the ones who live in places where they'd be killed for it!
    Forty years ago in many states it was illegal for a person of African ancestry to marry a person of European ancestry. Poetically enough, the turning point involved a couple whose surname happened to be "Loving," so the case will forever be remembered as Loving versus Virginia.
    Only societies where the Abrahamic religions dominate the culture, like the United States and the Middle East. Europeans, where Christianity has faded into a secular Christmas and Easter ritual, are much more tolerant of homosexuality, recreational drugs, and even, in many cases, foreign religions.
    Don't despair. Lots of gay people have children. Obviously its easier for gay women because they can have AI and give birth, but men can use the services of a surrogate. Not to mention it's becoming much easier for gay couples to adopt, at least in many parts of the USA. Hell, there are so many surplus children on this planet that it's not even that hard for a single person to adopt one.

I hope you're not hung up on the old-fashioned idea that your nieces and nephews have to be your blood relatives. It's not the DNA that makes a family, it's the love.
    It was unremarkable in Ancient Greece. Even bisexuality.
    Especially in Washington! One of the most liberal states in the country. I didn't know they even had a Republican party in Washington.
    I lived in Hollywood for ten years, the Capital City of Gay America, and I was never once made to feel uncomfortable, anywhere. Well okay, when I saw the parking lot full of purple Harley-Davidsons with way too much leather and studs, and the guys getting off were wearing chaps, I didn't try walking into that particular bar.

Perhaps in a place where gays are just coming out of the closet and they don't have a lot of places to call their own, they'd appreciate it if we'd leave them alone. But in Hollywood we all got along splendidly.

13. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

What does that have to do with anything? But yes, actually I am.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My Husband: What the hell!?

Really?? blue socks?

15. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

This guy is...

16. blackfoundations Registered Senior Member

it doesn't.. why are you?

17. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I think there is a lottery for it.

18. superstring01 Moderator

Wow, I'm already addicted to his picture.

It must be true!

~String

19. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

Blackfoundations wins the award for the most ignorant question EVER. Congratulations!

Read a book on genetics.

20. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Now let's be fair, guys... Ol' Ernest Huber did get 10 words spot on:
    :cheers:
    (From Orly's piece on feminism)

Other than that gem... Ummm, NO.

21. takethewarhome midnatt klarhet Registered Senior Member

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Clearly you've never visited East Korea in May.

23. blackfoundations Registered Senior Member

I am not as ignorant as you are.

Being gay is by choice, takethewarhome.
    God does not make homosexuals.
    Genetics this, genetics that. That's bull shit. That is an excuse.
    Obviously a man was not made for a man.
    Being homosexual is nothing more than a fetish.
    It's all sexual attraction.
    Being homosexual is a sickness.
    Take a look at our reproductive organs...
    A penis was not made to go anywhere else, but a vagina.

Do you like being gay?
    Why are you attracted to men?