Homosexuality an Addiction, Says Candidate

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Giambattista, Nov 25, 2009.

?

Homosexuality is an addiction. Heterosexuality is not.

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    56.8%
  3. Anything can be an addiction! Define the word!

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

au contraire...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

And I am a priest. May the spirit of faith be in you, my son.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i have been told that i am the tree of life. now THAT'S a mother.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. deicider got omnicidead Registered Senior Member

if you're the priest then get IN the church and feel the lord.
    No thats a plant.

8. draqon Banned Banned

I have always seen my own reflection in the river below this tree, reflection of an apple ripe and ready for offering.

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

not necessarily. and certainly not in context.

10. mike47 Banned Banned

Homosexuality is still illegal in many countries around the world .
    If it is such a normal thing then why do we not see many homosexuals in those countries ?. What I mean is when it is illegal it is seldom seen so it is not that urgent act is it ?.

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

It depends on how you are using the word "normal". Normal as in statistical mode of the population?
    Normal as in the statistical mode of a segment of the population with brains hardwired in a certain pattern?

Because it is normal and, again, can be MEASURED with an fMRI.

Think about the difference in asking these two questions:

Are people normally born with Kleinfelter's syndrome?
    Are people with Kleinfelter's syndrome normal?

Then you may ask of people born with Kleinfelter's syndrome how do they differ from normal population demographics? As it works out they happen to score higher THAN NORMAL on specific math tests.

12. mike47 Banned Banned

Well...what I said is very clear Michael and I do not see any need for further clarification . I am using the word normal as used by the people everywhere without going to definition.....etc .

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I wonder if they keep it secret? Pretty damn sneaky of them I know, but then again how many burglars or serial killers (for instance) go round telling people that's what they do?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

So! THREE people so far say that homosexuality is indeed an addiction!

Would any of those persons care to delineate their reasons for reaching that conclusion? What has you convinced that homosexuality qualifies as an addiction but heterosexuality does not? So far I haven't seen any posts in this thread that openly agree with or explain that position.

So would you enlighten us, please?

15. draqon Banned Banned

not that I want to defend James R. Which I don't. But you sir/ma'm are sockpuppeting which is against Sciforums regulations. Immideate action must be taken.

16. draqon Banned Banned

Me? I dont endulge in gay activities. I am straight. And about your punishment, it will be a ban, which relates to real life as death. Have a nice afterlife.

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

Back to the OP, that guy need firing. His harping back 40 years "Homosexual acts were felonies forty years ago." argument is no argument, if we go back a little further, say, 1955, we have Rosa Parks standing up for herself, yet today the USA has a black president.

Times change, societies get more egalitarian, and bigoted old hatemongering pseudo xtians need weeding out of office.

18. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

I kind of get the feeling that societies are growing more intolerant, but that's probably just me.

19. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

What I meant to imply by that is that societies are now "secretly" intolerant, and that's why it's not so notable. Sneaky intolerance.hmm

20. greenboy Registered Senior Member

I have to say this.

I have good gays friends at work. And my brother is gay. This fact give me a lot of grief, I will never have nieces or nephews, while my wife brothers and sister, some of them horrible people, personality wise, reproduce themselves like rabbits in Australia, my brother a highly intelligent men, a handsome professional do not. I will never have a sister in law, for me to have a nice brother and sister in law relationship, from his side, my children have no relative from my side, but my brother. And I am always worry, he gets a lot of short relationships, some of them they just come for the money, my brother is very wealthy, now he is going to India with one of his friends, that means long no sleeping night for me, he is my only brother and I love him, i don't care about his gayness . He talks to me all the time because I am a physician,s assistant and a botanist, and he always worry about STDs. I am scare to receive that phone call one day "brother I got AIDs" whenever is sick I call his doctor to talk about whatever he has. He had Hepatitis B and almost kill him, he got surgery for hemorrhoids twice the last one was an horrible experience he had a uncontrolled bleeding, recently he got a dry cough untreatable we thought he got PC or TB, after three months he got rid of it. I have a sad life, even when my nuclear family give me a lot of happiness, the only thing I can do is to pray. He tried to have a single relationship with a man two years ago but he do not last doing that. Is a very sad situation. And in my case ( I am talking about my experience only I want to make that clear, he hate women). Oh well.... I keep praying, I know his life style is a sad one. And make my life sad too. I don't know about the gay lifestyle and to tell you the truth, I don't care what they do and what they don't they are adults and they make their choices, I just know about my brother's Oh well I just wanted to share my experiences, I do pray for him and his friends...

21. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Hmmm.... are you implying then from what you said that homosexuality IS an addiction, at least in his case? Not sure how to compute what you said. :scratchin:

22. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

In other words you're being selfish.
    Me me me...

23. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Barring what the Green Boy (of Woolpit!) may have been trying to convey...
    there are three yes votes, and unless I am blind, no one has actually put into writing how homosexuality is an addiction, but heterosexuality is not. That leads me to two possible conclusions:
    1. Those who voted "yes" were not being serious.
    2. Those who voted "yes" are cowards who cannot explain or defend their position.

If you voted "YES" then why not explain yourself?