Homosexuality an Addiction, Says Candidate

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Giambattista, Nov 25, 2009.

?

Homosexuality is an addiction. Heterosexuality is not.

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    56.8%
  3. Anything can be an addiction! Define the word!

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

According to Republican Ernest Huber, running for Washington's 8th Congressional District...

Homosexuality

It’s an addiction, not a right. I have never known a homosexual who didn’t have a personality disorder. Homosexual acts were felonies forty years ago, and they should be a felonies today. Homosexuality is a sexual addiction that degrades civilizations like any other addiction: That's just common sense. Legislatively enshrining any addiction is utter madness. Humanity has a God-given right of self-defense. That right has been defamed as a hate crime by addicts, those seeking social destabilization, and RINOs. The hypocrisy and irony is that homosexuals are in virulent denial of their addiction and are committing hate crimes and acts of violence against Christians because of their self-hatred. Homosexuals are naturally excluded from Christianity by their acts; this inclines them to atheism, which inclines them to communism.
    Click on his name in red above to visit his page!

Now, I will admit that I at first found a number of things he said pretty agreeable, but he started to go downhill the further I read, and he finally took a dive when I read that last bit.

I guess I would just like to know one thing: how exactly being attracted to your own gender constitutes an addiction? This strikes me as being another one of those conservative Christian quips (bon mot? not sure if that's really applicable here... especially the "bon" part!) that arbitrarily assigns a negative label to homosexuality on vague or baseless grounds.

attraction to opposite sex = good and proper
    attraction to same sex = addiction ???

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

How does that work, exactly? What grounds are there for saying being attracted to one person is wholesome, but another is given the presumably self-destructive attribute of being an addiction?

I really can't see any logic or reasoning behind it, other than that it comes from a religious conservative who is automatically conditioned to call something wrong simply because.

For me, it would only make sense if one broke it down and examined individual relationships, be they heterosexual or homosexual, and judged on their own merits, rather than lumping all of them together and condemning the entire lot. I'm sure plenty of relationships could be considered an addiction, regardless of orientation, or even if they're romantic, sexual, or just plain old friendships period.

I wasn't really trying to start another "homosexuality is..." type thread, cuz there's enough of them around here (although the controversy is always a hoot)! But this is one of the few times I've ever heard homosexuality outright condemned as being wrong because it's an addiction!

Does anyone actually hold this view? I've heard it is immoral, unnatural, against God, a mental disorder, unproductive (procreatively), outright nasty, etc. I have rarely heard it described as addiction, and Mr. Huber makes it clear that he feels it is such, judging by the number of times he uses the word as a descriptor for homosexuality.

Anyone have any thoughts on why this man would use that word as his major definition of homosexuality? Does anyone agree with his view that it is an addiction, a crutch, a dependancy? If so, why? Why is heterosexuality NOT an addiction as well?

How long before the Freiherr puts in his two pennies?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

I added the third option for those fidgety persons who would be unsatisfied with a black and white answer!

And an interesting comment from the same person:

Atheism and Communism

All of the atheists I’ve known are spiritually and morally handicapped. All of the communists I’ve known are atheists. Not all atheists are communists, but that ideology is their natural inclination. The communists who say they are Christians are liars playing the Gamaliel liberation theology game. Consequently, discussing God with atheists is like discussing the color green with those blind from birth. Just as the blind should not drive school buses, atheists should not drive governments. There are sound reasons why atheists are discriminated against and have extinction level birthrates worldwide.

http://elect.ernesthuberforcongress.com/

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

Sex addiction is real, but all homos are not sex addicts, I'm sure.

That said, anyone I've personally known that claimed to be gay seemed to be unable to talk about or focus on much else than sex and being gay.

Perhaps the number of sex addicts in the gay sect is of a higher ratio than straight folk.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superstring01 Moderator

Yes. I'm so terribly "addicted" to gay sex, that I regularly go months in between bouts with my fell "gay sex addict" boyfriend.

~String

8. draqon Banned Banned

just like drug abuse, a sinful addiction

Ernest is my kind of a governor. Bring it on =)

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

wbat a surprise, the virgin commenting about sex again. Grow up, get a girlfriend\boyfriend or in your case more likly a pet rock and actually HAVE Sex before you comment

10. draqon Banned Banned

I aint having sex ever. I find it too complex emotionally and psychologically to be part of.

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

that is actually something i have always wondered, if there is any difference in the levels of sexual activity on adverage in monogomous relationships between hetrosexuals, lesbians and gays. It would be an interesting study to carry out. My guess would be that it makes no difference but that in all 3 groups when a relationship starts the amount of sex rises rapidly, peeks then rapidly falls to around somewhere between a weekly basis and monthly.

Its hard to judge using my own relationship because PB and i go through bouts of depression so regually we dont have sex at all for months on end

12. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Wow I thought they got rid of guys like this in the Sixties.

13. draqon Banned Banned

You can't erase reality.

14. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

This is true but there is such a thing as altered perception and I believe this guys suffers from that greatly. This is what happens when you let the Church rule your life.

15. superstring01 Moderator

Well, let me confirm for you based on my own substantial experience as a man who's lived in many places. Gay relationships are just like other long, boring dull heterosexual relationships. The sex stagnates.

See, gay men aren't "different" from straight men in their desire for sex. In fact, I hear straight men talk about "banging chicks" significantly more than I hear gay men talk about their natural desires (though, to be fair, I now have almost exclusively all straight friends). The big difference between the sex lives of gay men and straight men is that gay men are pursuing other lustful people who have almost zero inhibitions about squaring-off in a rather odd location. Given the opportunity, straight men would happily bump uglies with a woman in the same location if the call arose. Their holdup being the terrible fact that women, usually, just aren't as careless with their sex organs as men are.

~String

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you do realise that compleatly disproves the theory that women have lower sex drives if all three groups have sex at aprox the same rates

oh and i rember one night after a party at uni PB and i did it on the bonet of my car in the uni car park

god i love outdoor sex

Edit to add: BTW i never did say that gay men were different from straight, i dated a guy for a while rember (though it didnt go anywhere)

17. superstring01 Moderator

I don't know what it proves or disproves, but the fact remains that women, on the whole, are a bit more discerning with what goes in their hoo-hahs than where men stick noo-noos. Evolution: men need to spread their seed far and wide, while women need to select for a strong, faithful mate.

~String

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you missed the point, we arent talking about NUMBERS of sexual partners. I said in monomgomous relationships, ie all three groups, single regular partner. It doesnt matter once you pick your partner even if we take your theory as correct there is no insentive for a women NOT to have sex with that partner any more than there is for the man.

19. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Hmmm, sex. Everybody wants it, but not everybody can get it. HAHAHA.
    Okay, Ernest was being very earnest here. You know..I didn't know that by being an atheist one becomes a communist..

*edit: of course I voted for the last option; everything can be an addiction.

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

what's wrong with complexity? challenge yourself. what else are you here for?

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

you think? i don't know...i know plenty of women who've been just as careless or moreso than the men i know. it's just that women want to turn around as whine about it.

22. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

hmmm...i think a lot of women gave up on that a long time ago. from what i've seen women choose men for the same stupid reasons that men choose women. the two most prevalent reasons being convenience and proximity.

i think the advent of birth control has had a serious impact on judgement as well.

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Did you read what he said about feminists?