Homework

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mors, Sep 20, 2003.

1. I didn't think you were lying; I thought you were exaggerating like the typical vainglorious fogy blathering about his day and how he had to crawl up hill both ways whilst en route to the ye old school house.

I don't know; after noting your references to that practice of antiquity, corporal punishment, I don't know if this perception should be affirmed or shattered . . .

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. storni topological frog Registered Senior Member

I'd say the poorer the student/country the harder the kid works.

Stereotypical? hehe yup, pretty much so. But! I see it happening all the time.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Some people sometimes dont realize it could always be so worse, ok so you study 4 hours everyday omg, at least you can study pal, you have a school, a desk

come on now, you are not washing cars or selling candies in buses when you are 7 years old.

maybe that makes you feel better?

I belief we need awareness, just a little bit, everyone is fighting a hard battle.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Redoutable:
    Fantasy shmantasy.

Don't muddle up daydreams with whats real, *dude*. Americans are the laziest plebs I know and it all starts in grade school. You know it. I know it. And if you say you don't know it, the only thing more American than this thread is your denial.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

and by the way.......

Redoubtable:
    Lay of the Python-speak. Logorrhea sweetly hums in your background.................

8. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

You've obviously never seen the indian educational system and indian schools, redoubtable. The school in which I'm in doesn't beat children, but corporal punishment is still legal by law, i.e. - in many other schools, that is what is done. And the amount of homework we got was no joke.

Ha. Exactly. Homework and projects during the summer holidays - i hated them. Last year was the year of my public examination and i had to do 33 projects over the course of a year. 33

Couldn't agree more gendanken. I went to an American Intl School when i was in Moscow, and the level of studies there was a joke. Compared to the homework we had, yours is nothing Mors.

9. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

You did go to school after that didn't you cthulhu's slave?

10. muthu23 Registered Member

home job
    home work
    start a business
    home based business
    business ideas .:shrug:
    --------------------

11. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

No, idiot. 3-4 hours of homework is tolerable, not 3-4 hours of sleep. I get 5 hours of sleep on weekdays and 11 on weekends. I manage fine. I receive about 3 and a half hours every night as a freshmen, but my schedule is the hardest possible for a freshman in our district, though I have notoriously easy teachers. 3-4 hours is what we all get, hopefully my junior year won't scale that shit up.