Holy texts should be respected by scholars

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Lawdog, Jun 26, 2006.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I most certainly would. A terrorist breaks both the moral and natural laws. These are the limits of man's power in Islamic philosophy and breaking them is automatically a sin.

Since I am not a fundamentalist I choose to disagree.

Moreover, the concept of free-will is self evident in the concept of accountability. Accountability only exists when you have choice. If there is no choice, there is no freedom and hence no accountability. The Quran clearly declares:

[99:7-8]So whosoever does good equal to the weight of an atom shall see it. And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom shall see it.

This is accountability.

Really? I can only explain what I know; if you expect me to have some inside information then you are mistaken. There is a reason it is called "faith" you know.

Again, since I am not a fundamentalist, I choose to disagree with your conclusions.

Fortunately for both of us, it is not up to you to determine whether I am a Muslim or not; nor do I claim to be perfect. I do my best, which is all anyone can ask.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That's merely your perception of it. The terrorist simply gleans what he/she considers relevant to their needs, as do all theists. You can't blame them for following the philosophy of Islam.

Then, you disagree with Allah, not me.

You know very well that the Quran claims total predestination of the universe and that events only happen because Allah chooses to make those events occur. Don't try to feed me with some other BS you've made up.

How very convenient, another typical fundamentalist ploy.

Then, you chosse to disagree with the Quran and Allah, making you one bigass hypocrite. But then, I already knew that.

Another theist ploy. You claim to be a Muslim, yet you choose to disagree with the Quran and Allah, then you whine about "not knowing" when you choose not to answer questions.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You should get the terminology correct, they are called Muslims, whether you agree with it or not. All Muslims selectively read the Quran and glean whatever suits there needs, as you've done yourself.

Your response is hypocritical and disingenuous. Another typical theist ploy of having your cake and eating it too.

Another theist ploy. Clearly, you're cornered and have nothing to say in your defence.

Yet, more theists ploys, how pathetic.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Good then we're agreed.

I consider you too prejudiced to waste any further time on you and you are convinced of my hypocrisy and could not possibly want to waste your energies any further.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yes, we are agreed that you're another typical hypocritical theist with no arguable position who tosses out peurile insults the moment they're unable to answer questions.

Agreed, you're completely indoctrinated into your religion and have lost touch with reality. Me prejudice towards Islam has nothing to do with that.

10. KennyJC Registered Senior Member

Well I just thank my lucky stars he doesn't exist, otherwise I (as an infidel) would find myself put over Allah's lap to get my bum lashed for eternity.

Although I can't remember if I would get my bum slapped, or suffer in a lake of fire... I really must read the Quran to find out my fate.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

KennyJC:

I haven't heard about the bum slapping before. ( never hear bum in quite the same context in the US, either)

Is there a reference for that or were you just fantasizing?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Islam offers a choice of fantasies, take your pick.

13. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Has anyone noticed that if you take "Islam" and rearrange the letters to say "Il sam" that's "The sam" in italian? Hmmm...

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its ok supe; I'm not going to debate with him anymore.

He doesn't want to debate; just be nasty.

And I've had all I can take.

I will debate with anyone else though

15. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I thought a bit of light hearted humor might be appropriate at this point...

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

the operative word being "heart"

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That's complete BS, you have not been debating. Please don't lie.

18. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I'm outta here...

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

As I was saying supe (and ONLY supe), there is no point talking to someone who has already made up his mind not only about what other people should or should not believe; but also has had his views colored to such an extent by his prejudices that he is doing the very thing he detests in others, i.e. allowing his bias to color his rationality. Such that, all the problems in the world seem to him to stem from his bias and he is willing to forego rationality rather than admit that he may be wrong. In addition, he completely ignores any evidence which may contradict his preconceived notions, another attribute he claims to abhor in the non-rational theists.

In other words, he is his own worst enemy and there is no point in flogging a dead horse.

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Too funny, you've described Muslims to the tee.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I should add here supe that said person is also selective in reading and comprehension as the words "ONLY supe" are brushed aside as conveniently as any ideas which contravene prejudices of said person

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Muslims... described... to... a... tee...

You really do know yourself.

23. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

It is interesting that theists and atheists alike have the same perspective or sense of frustration, regarding the others views. You will remember sam that I was a raving mad dog who ate a god and barfed it up (till you showed up and ruined my fun by being all nice and everything...

). The problem with all of this as I see it, is that both sides want the other to admit that they are irrational, and that's never going to happen. Still being a devout atheist

I recognise that theism is a natural human state as evidenced by history since before written records. Atheism as a group force is a relatively new thing. We're like kids with a new toy. The intellectual thrill of debating this kind of thing is fun. It's when it turns nasty that the problems start. I'm as guilty of that as anyone else here. But some people just... ooohh... make me soooo mad. I want to smush them!