History of the Holocaust

Discussion in 'History' started by S.A.M., Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superstring01 Moderator

Don't be dense. Revenge requires effort. I'm unwilling to expend energy for so little fruit. This is simple syllogism so you'll understand what I mean just fine.

A + B = C

Person acts like troll. Trolls get banned. Person who acts like troll gets banned.

~String

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

string, drop the hammer.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

On who?

Gustav is one of our members in high standing. The forum is better for his presence, which is more than I can say for a number of members.

~String

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

/chuckle

that's even sweeter

make it a matter of principles
    just say your piece and have it recorded in the annals of history

8. leopold Valued Senior Member

alright gentlemen, the thread is about the holocaust.

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

There is nothing wrong with asking any question. I often ask if Mohammad or Jesus or Buddha existed and get varying degrees of shock to yeah, maybe not.

I would like to know more about the history of Jewish persecutions in general. Do they really have historical bases? I read that Egyptians went on a rampage and murdered a lot of Jews living in Alexandria. More than once. Why? Is this true? If not who made it up and why? If it is true why don't Jews integrate well? What are they doing that results in people getting pissed off enough to murder them?

Is there a difference when the Chinese murdered off millions of Aristocratic Chinese? How about when the Romans murdered off Germans living in Italy. Etc... There is nothing wrong with asking the questions.

I always hear people say: Germans killed 6 million Jews. Why don't people say German Christians killed 6 million Germans who were Jewish? Isn't this much more informative? Maybe, Maybe not?

Some people say, when you add in disease, Europeans killed off close to 100 million Native Americans others say no way. Can't we ask? Or is this too Holocaustic? Too close to the bone?

10. superstring01 Moderator

Good point, Leo. Thank you.

~String

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

This is a good example, probably, of a well thought-out discussion.

Let me ask this, though: would it matter, particularly, it if were 5.5 million? 6.5 million? Should we feel any better or worse if it were 3 million? Is it a worse crime?

I think the issue of punishing such discussion about the Holocaust falls more on intents than numbers: or, why? Why is it up for discussion? Does it really interest some people academically? Those whose fields are neither history nor Holocaust studies? Or is there any other reason that it might come up? The why is more important; this is what the history of the Holocaust, really, is all about. Those who prig about the numbers may not have absorbed this lesson.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

apparently hitler thought it was the fault of the jews for the state europe was in.

13. itstarted old newbie Registered Senior Member

May I suggest that your interest should be satisfied by at least some of the sources presented here?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. Bells Staff Member

What makes you assume they are?

If everyone who asked and asks questions about the Holocaust was deemed a denier, then there would be no books about it, no lessons taught in classes or universities about it, no research papers, no discussions about it. But there are thousands of books about the Holocaust, just as it is taught in schools and universities, research continues to be conducted and discussions about it continue to this day.

So to claim that any person who asks questions about it is treated as a denier is false.

People are treated as deniers when they ask questions in an attempt to deny it ever happened. There is a difference. And it is not even subtle.

No. Why should it?

But if you asked 'how many children are claimed to be involved in the Stolen Generation' and you were known to be linked to groups or organisations that deny it ever happened, then yes, I would doubt your belief that it happened.

Can you see the difference?

Ah. Funny that.

The irony.

Who? The Jews?

Do you think the Jews have something to hide, Sam?

Yes.

Only I believe it was probably much worse than they actually say. Because words can never convey the true horror of that they (the victims) experienced.

Questions can and should be answered. The problem arises when the answers are not believed because some crackpot thinks they are hiding something.

So what about you Sam? Do you doubt it happened as they say?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

As who say? My only acquaintance with what they say is restricted to a museum visit and the odd Hollywood movie or the odd book of fiction [eg The Reader]

I probably know more about the Aboriginals and the Palestinians than I do about the Holocaust. And what I do know about the Holocaust, I have learned primarily in the context of the Palestinian refugee crisis [Warsaw Ghetto, child insurgents, human shields, tunnels to smuggle food and weapons, collaborators and militants like Irgun and Haganah]

Do I doubt it happened as they say it did? Only as much as I would the Palestinians in a similar situation. I'm sure that there are inconsistencies here and there, but overall can anyone pretend that nothing happened or that it wasn't really really bad? Not really, unless you're a kind of superficial disinterested person who knows little about the what was happening but expresses an opinion anyway.

Denying the Holocaust is equivalent to an argument from ignorance.

16. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Jawol Herr Oberst

17. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

As a Jew, do you know what the most offensive part about the crusades, inquisition, and Holocaust are?

The fact that we have never once recieved an apology from any significant power for any of them....

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

19. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Please, they were shipping Jews to ISrael far before that.

And it still doesnt excuse basically EVERYTHING. Crusades, inquisition, etc...

20. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I think it was just a big misunderstanding.

"Eva, you are going shopping yes? I want carrots, and fish. No more juice!"

"No more Jews? Jawohl mein fuhrer"

You know what accents are like. :shrug:

21. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

"Guh. Silly Euros, innit? All a pack of swots, you ask me."

23. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

It's much less informative, given how it's factually incorrect. The vast majority of those 6 million were not Germans but Poles, Ukrainians, Hungarians, Romanians, Dutch, Belorussians, etc. Less than 5% of them were Germans/Austrians; those countries only hosted a couple hundred thousand Jews prior to the war.

The simplest, most informative thing to say would be: the Nazis killed 6 million European Jews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.