historical triva

Discussion in 'History' started by Jolly Rodger, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Jolly Rodger Banned Banned

Hello...... I have have been having trouble working out some history triva I have been having many disagrements with people over this subject and i want to hear what some knowegle peoples have to say about it. What was the name of the person who invented the wheel? I have been told it was years ago but someone must know, yes?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

First of all it would have been developed independently by several people in different parts of the world. And since i think the wheel was invented before writing im sure nobody knows who any of them are.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Firefly Registered Senior Member

Wasn't it developed by the Hittites, or someone there? Who invented the chariot? Babylonians? Sumerians?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:bugeye:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Jolly Rodger Banned Banned

Babylonians!

8. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Was the axle invented before, after, or at the same time as the wheel?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I suggest, based upon deduction, not knowledge, that the axle came first. We know rollers preceeded wheels. I suggest rollers are proto-axles. Just a passing thought.

9. Crimson_Scribe Thespian Registered Senior Member

i've read that the earliest true wheel was invented by the Sumarians (predessesores to Babylonians). I doubt that you'll ever get a name. Maybe the name you were told was the name of a deity who gave humanity a wheel?