Hindu concept of God

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by rcscwc, Dec 18, 2010.

1. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

What is your problem with what I said?

Copy-paste the passages from my posts that you find offensive, and we can talk.

Or do you think that I just have to accept your condemnations because you make them, and that you don't even need to provide any evidence?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

And again:

Why do you say this?

Did you ever care about whether you are good enough for me or not?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kwhilborn Banned Banned

I find the Hindu concept of god very appealing. It fits with what western civilization is now calling "The law of attraction". Oprah Winfrey is a hard-core advocate of the "law of attraction" and can be seen arguing for its apparent magical qualities in this Larry King interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0wYxh-akZs

Now...

"The Secret"is a movie about law of attraction, and the premise is you attract into your life what you think about/expect/and ask for.

The Hindu has various gods for different wants and needs.
    Indra - god and learning kama-romance etc..
    It would appear whatever your need there is a separate god to pray to and ask from.

The greeks also had gods of similar structures.

Please note in the Oprah interview that she believes in the "Magic" that exists in the law of attraction very strongly. She emphasizes that she willed a movie role into her life without consciously going after it. Her thought of it made it come to her.

Interesting to see one of the most successful people of our age strongly believing in what we would need to classify as real magic.

She endorses strongly the law of attraction and says "The way you think creates reality for yourself". I could endorse strongly the law of attraction myself (or Hindu beliefs), but you trust Oprah Winfrey a lot more.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. murdoch Simply Psychic! Registered Senior Member

Hindus concept of god and goddesses is based upon the belief that god lives in each and every particle of earth. If one can feel god in any living or non living thing than he can see him in it. It's all about true love. Each and every Hindu god and goddesses are there to guide people with wisdom in varied demanding situations. Regardless of their faith in different deities they see one god in all of them. So ultimately they follow one god policy while following their belief in different deities of their respective region to meet their creator.