Hillary cites Karl Rove's analysis as to why she would be a better choice for pres!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, May 20, 2008.

1. VRob Registered Senior Member

And the popular vote in Texas too. Although Obama won the delegate math.

I've heard the operation chaos numbers to be about 10% of Hillary's numbers since it began.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. VRob Registered Senior Member

I am not a democrat, I am an Independent.

And yes, I would likely vote for Nader(again) if Obama wasn't running.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The irony of it all, a canidate who is by all credible measures loosing (despite getting unpresident support from the opposing party and her husband - a former president) is calling the winner of the election unelectable. Somebody should make a comedic movie out of this election.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

That's probably some of the crazy explained then.

The response of the Obamaniacs on this thread would more than provide enough material.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Still waiting for that insightful delivery of why Obama's platform is better than Hillary's.

Any day now. Any day. I'm sure the reality is nothing like that little examination of Obama supporters where none of them could name a single policy of his "off the top of their heads".

9. VRob Registered Senior Member

One obvious example...... Healthcare, and Hillary's MANDATE.

She also is a hero to the Insurance companies with regards to healthcare. Image...... everyone being forced to PURCHASE your product.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Obama clearly states what the real problem is..... the 'For-Profit' role the insurance companies play in our healthcare system. He would like to remove them from the process, while also conceeding it won't be easy.

10. VRob Registered Senior Member

The sad part of it all Joe, is that so many people are buying into it.

They continue to point out Hillary's recent victories over the past couple weeks while not realizing Obama has moved on. He is only making token appearances in these states. He is now campaigning for the General election.

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

True a lot of folks are buying the lines. But there was a crack in her support yesterday. I expect a lot of other party insiders will be defecting to Obama in the coming weeks. She is endanger of becoming a party outcast if she persists.
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

The under educated folks, which compose her base of support, will undoubtably still support her.

12. VRob Registered Senior Member

Joe,

I expect it to be over by this Wednesday morning at the latests.

He will exceed the required delegate count to win the nomination by then.

It is thankfully almost over.

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I added up all the delegates he will likely get from SD and Montana and he still is going to be 20-30 delegates short of the nomination, that means 20-30 superdelegates have to get behind him in under 48 hours to make your prediction true,

Based on the present rate of superdelegate gains I would say obama will reach over the 2118 mark by the end of the week, but even then Clinton in her potentially infinite bitchiness could flop over on her back kicking and screaming all the way to the convention, heck her followers are likely to writer her in no matter what she says or does now, in short the democrats have lost this election, get ready for McCain.

14. VRob Registered Senior Member

Which I fully expect to happen.

The Billary campaign has been pleading with the Supers to let the people vote....... to wait until the primaries are over. Well, they're over tomorrow. I expect the floodgates to open wide.

I will be at Excel Energy Center right here in MN for the Obama coronation.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

There was a picture of Clinton on the news with her supporters behind her. They were all women and they all looked super pissed! The scene really struck me. How angry they looked. Issues do not seem to matter to her supporters. They seem to really want the race to be about gender. I don't think they care about the issues...just gender.

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

this from a person who has done nothing but harass people simply because they support some else

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Not if you want to make the case for rationality in Clinton supporters. "Suborn an election" ? You aren't joking, is the problem.

This entire Dem primary campaign has been run according to Clinton-backed rules, including the handling of Michigan and Florida. She doesn't like them now, but they were supposed to cover for her when her extraordinarily high negatives in the general public, with no prospect of reduction through familiarity, made people nervous.

It was a badly mistaken bit of organization, to add to the rest of this display by the Beltway Dems.

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Riiiight.

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Not if he had lost, no.

But more than just the overenthused would get a sobering look at the nature of a Clinton presidency if she somehow managed to get the nomination despite Obama winning the votes and the primaries.

People like me, who think family of Presidents ought to be banned from the office for the same reason employees of State Lotteries and their families cannot win them, would probably still vote for her (McCain ? !) - but without much enthusiasm.

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Actually, one of your compatriots already stated that he'd happily desert the Dems for Nader.

Frankly - and again - if they're representative of the "typical"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Obama supporter, then the country is due for some serious problems relating to accountability and reasonability. The accusation of anger and not understanding the issues applies, seemingly, through and through to Obamania. What is he for? What has he done? None of them seem to know, or prefer not to say.

Geoff

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

please stop speaking. when you learn the facts and get in touch with reality than you can get back in on this topic but all you have done is try to stir up anti obama feelings for no good reason. and he said he was an independent god read whole posts

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

And if they aren't, then not ?

We haven't seen much of accountability or reasonability from the Rep Party for a long time, and I agree it's led to problems. I don't see how overenthusiasm for Obama would fail to be an improvement, though. At least it wouldn't have this meanness of tone and spirit we've grown so used to.

And I don't expect it.

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

No, no, I'll carry on. You seem to need the education.

Meaning: he'd desert the party if Obama didn't win. Great. How's that make him better than a Republican?

Oh, it might still be in trouble even if Obama's sect were reasonable.

So in this new non-meanness of spirit and benevolent overenthusiasm, will all of Obama's detractors be labelled racists and Republicans, much as you lot did to me in this thread? Oh joy! Because if Obama's supporters are one thing, it's reasonable.

Geoff