Hillary cites Karl Rove's analysis as to why she would be a better choice for pres!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, May 20, 2008.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. VRob Registered Senior Member

Hillary is a joke. She doesn't care which party she's aligned with, or which side of an issue she stands on. Her only goal is power. She doesn't care about making things better for the average American citizen, she simply wants her name in the history books.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I never thought I would hear hillary cite Karl Roves endorsement of her as a reason for staying in the race! And better still have her followers eat it up. I am frankly amazed at the hillary devotee. They don't seem to mind that she has received more money from lobyist while in office than any other politician. They don't seem to mind that she distorts the truth (lies, eg. Bosnia sniper event) or creates false memories (distorts reality, a pyschological disorder). And they don't seem to mind when she aligns herself with the folks that brought us George II.
    I have listend to hillary on a number of occasions and she is by no means a great speaker. So what is it about hillary that is so attractive to her supporters? Is is that they do not like voting for a black person for president? Is it that they are single issue voters...she has ovaries and that's all the qualification you need to be president? What is it that causes people to want her to be president...aside from the Republicans who want an easy target in the fall?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

Perhaps Hillary has had a brain transplant
    (geddit?)

8. VRob Registered Senior Member

The Answer is D, All of the Above.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

How about E and F and G:

E. I like trusting the fate of my country to those that lie to me.

F: I like trusting the fate of my country to delusional folk...those that see and remember things that did not happen and repeat those events to others on numerous occasions and even write about it in books.

G: I like entrusting my fate to the lobbyists in Washington. Lobbyists are good and spend millions on our representatives to inform and educate them to make better decisions for all of us like the 2003 Medicare Prescription Drug bill that prevents the government in negotating price for the drugs like it does with other federal agencies like the Defense Department.

10. VRob Registered Senior Member

Oh no doubt Joe.

Her disengenuousness rivals that of the criminals in the White House today. Her platform and campaign message have changed almost as many times as the reasons for the Iraqi invasion. It would be comical if it wasn't so sad....... that she still has her supporters. But....... I learned along time ago, never underestimate the stupidity of the American voters.

Sniper fire my a$$.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. otheadp Banned Banned

It's amazing how the media have turned her "under sniper fire" joke into a serious thing which she had to defend.

IT WAS A JOKE people, just like Obama's comment about "all 57 states" was.

Pathetic...

12. superstring01 Moderator

Or, it could just be that Clinton supporters actually like her and what she stands for. Not everybody who differs in political opinion from Obama and his supporters is shallow and deceitful. Many Dems (oh... about half) see her as the candidate with more experience and ability.

Then again, you could be right, but I doubt the simplistic answers you gave hit the bullseye more often than not.

~String

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I could accept your arguement String were it not for her issues with lying or reality distortions, which are more commonly refered to as psychotic events...eg. recounting events with snipers when none were to be found.

So experience supreceeds, lying or psychotic delusions, and taking huge sums of money from special interest groups and defending them in public.

Now I understand you are a Republican and have an interest in keeping the hillary movement alive. But honestly String, can a rational person put experience above all of those things...especially since her first effort at healthcare reform ended quickly when the the special interests objected to it? I am not seeing a string of notable hillary success here. What successes have her experiences wrought?

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

If it was a joke, why did she right about it as fact in her book? If it were a joke why is it that she and her husband have never characterized it as a joke? She and her husband have said it was a misspeak...she was up long hours and it was a long day. However, it was early in the morning when she said it the last time not at the end of the day as they claimed in their rebuttal.

15. VRob Registered Senior Member

Experience, in todays political landscape, is a Negative. It simply means you are part of the problem.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Ah, no it wasn't. It was an entire anecdote with details. It was no joke.

17. otheadp Banned Banned

It was just a joke, and then a very poor attempt at spin BECAUSE of the overwhelming response to her "lies" by the rival campaigns and the media.

I feel sorry for candidates and politicians in general, because of them having to deal with this bullshit media environment.

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If you actually watched what she said, it was serious. It was a blatant lie. No one was laughing, nothing about it was funny, she repeated the story more than once.

19. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Maybe othead is a typical hillary supporter. I think they may have some emotional attachement to her, that I cannot yet understand. And everything they perceive is filtered through that emotional attachment. Reality that does not fit is thrown out, meanings and events are filtered and subconsciously manipultated to form a more palatable image, one consistent with the idealized image borne by the emotional attachment.

It is a most remarkable human behavior if this is the case.

20. VRob Registered Senior Member

I'm guessing you've never been married Joe. Because it sounds like a pretty typical female view of reality to me. Don't get me wrong...... I love women, but I will never again attempt to debate an issue on substance and logic with them. If they say the sky is pink, then the sky is pink.

21. otheadp Banned Banned

LOL
    Yes, I'm a typical Hillary supporter

The reality is that McCain moved to the left of the GOP, and Clinton moved to the right of the Democratic party. And Obama, as far as foreign policy is concerned, has moved towards Bush (in my view at least). He talked about bombing Pakistan without its permission under certain circumstances... that's even more hardcore than what Bush has been saying (though it's all part of political theatre).

All 3 would probably be doing very similar things. While the 2 parties may be on different ends of a spectrum, the guy who runs the show has to be in the center, by default. So the 3 remaining candidates highlighting their differences is just like Nike and Adidas or Toyota and Honda trying to differentiate their brands. It's all nonsense.

I've recently come to the conclusion that all 3 (even the left leaning Obama) would be just fine. So all these accusations and character assassinations in the media is partisan hackery by monkeys on TV/blogosphere trying to make themselves relevant.

I saw only one instance of Hillary making the sniper comments. She was smiling and half giggling when she were uttering them, so to me it looked like she was joking. People make something out of nothing, which is quite ridiculous.

------
    EDIT:

Let me just add that I very much hope that McCain would be elected. He's got way more experience in any sphere than both Hillary and Obama put together. But whereas before I thought it would be a great tragedy if H or O were elected, I don't think so anymore. Sure, Obama is pretty f'n dumb when it comes to foreign policy, but just like Bush couldn't go cowboy without his advisers' and generals' blessing, so won't Obama, even if his rhetoric sounds like grade-a appeasement. The biggest difference between O or H and McCain is probably on taxation, but I couldn't give 2 shits about that since I don't live in the US. And even if I did, who cares. You people have the lowest tax brackets on earth (except some Arab countries with out-of-this world oil revenue), so if your taxes rise marginally, the only people complaining about it would be talking heads on TV. Even if he decided to raise taxes, it would be mild because he'd take advise from the chair of the Fed.

Nothing can be done about interest groups either, because they -are- representative of people, and they -are- powerful and cannot be ignored. So it doesn't -really- make a big difference who's in charge. They will all have a very similar, and small, room to maneuver. The sooner you'll see it, the better you will start sleeping at night

22. VRob Registered Senior Member

Ignorance truely is Bliss.

23. otheadp Banned Banned

Then you must be Jesus