Hi members

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Pattinson, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Pattinson Registered Member

Hello,
    This is Pattinson! i am new here, its a great forum, i think i can learn a lot in this forum.Hope it will b a great pleasure to be a member of this site.I'm positively looking forward to the forum and its members hope all will guide, share and help me to increase my knowledge.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

greetings

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Grow your brain. Feed it beer.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Abandon all hope, ye who ... oh, right. Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows ....

Welcome, Pattinson, to our humble bedlam. We hope you enjoy your time with us.

8. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

How old is littlwittle pattinson? bilubilubilu

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Welcome, in order to do so you must first pay the proper learning fees. They can be sent to me before you can begin your treatments.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

This introduction began in the religion subforum and got moved. Consequently, it almost looks like a 2nd attempt at introduction (almost like this person is jacobden and wanted to re-try his intro).

11. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I don't know why people even bother with introductions. Sure way to look like a twat.

Just lurk for a couple of months and then start posting once you know who is who?

12. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Not sure; however, I have noticed that many people who introduce themselves turn out to be crackpots just itching to release their imagination. Naturally they ultimately end up marginalized or banned.

13. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

What does that really Mean " MaR-Gin- al-ized?
    Im ago look it up so me preconceive connotations can be altered

14. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/marginalized

mar·gin·al·ize
       [mahr-juh-nl-ahyz] Show IPA
    –verb (used with object), -ized, -iz·ing.
    to place in a position of marginal importance, influence, or power: the government's attempts to marginalize criticism and restore public confidence.

15. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Introductions, in writing and presenting speeches, serve the purpose of focusing the attention of the audience.

Introducing one's self at a forum (the audience) is beneficial if one has a specific purpose at this forum in that it enables other members to target their posts toward the goal or purpose of that poster.

My personal observation, though of relatively short duration at this forum, would be that not a great many of the posters at this forum have such a specific purpose, as to require an introduction stating same.

Beyond that, an introduction is perhaps a carry over from a more formal time, where in halls of learning one either had to be invited or introduced to the membership to have any initial acceptance or credibility.

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool......
    Than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.'

16. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

To marginalize a thing is to make less of it, reduce it in import, so that when we marginalize another person we make it difficult for them to cope at all levels, from communication through to actions.

An employer can marginalize an employee by giving them the worst shifts, the least desirable jobs etc.

17. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Yeah Got that . or peripheral is the part that surprised Me . To be made insignificant or peripheral. So can peripheral noise make a difference? A yeah Some of it can emasculate . Take the republican story of "No" and what do you get . Chaos ! Chaos! Tea Baggers Oh Tea Baggers Oh Tea Baggers . Take away me lunch . Tea baggee on the crotch you munch. Tea Bagger

O.K. I better stop . Me is not itching for ban . Although did you here the good news " Tea Bagging is an acceptable phrase in the S.F. dictionary . I wonder how long it will be before it makes Webster

18. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I go with the John Lennon philosophy my self . I will be the fool if that is what it takes to make change . Everybody needs a scape goat . Makes them feel better about them selves if they can transfer blame and justify there own actions. Don't you feel better when you can make someone else the bad person ? Do yeah . Well maybe not you , but you different . You speak the language of nature , so that puts you in a different reality than city folks .

Oh to be us my dear . From the far north as they say . Funny though ? Palin gave us a new name if you haven't noticed yet . I told a progressive just recently I was from Alaska . Word Association is powerful . I saw instant disgust come over her face and then distancing by averting of the eyes . I disappeared in there eyes all from association. Hypnotized by indoctrination.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  19. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

An introduction thread is a greeting card that says "I am a n00b/internet illiterate/a dork/elder"

pick one

20. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

...and also a common courtesy among those with a bit of education and a few social skills.

Welcome to the site Pattinson, we are glad to make your acquaintance. I hope that you enjoy your time with us here and that you learn the things you wish to find.

21. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

haha, you are old.

22. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Words, and their proper usage are the tools of diplomacy and psychological weapons without peer, therefore their proper understanding is of great importance.

I was taught never to call another by an unkind name, for an apology does not erase the memory of a word, which once spoken, can never be recalled.

For that reason, humor is a tricky thing, as most often we make fun of others. The only 'safe' form of humor is to take a shot at yourself, and even then, those who may hold your opinion of value will request you not to be so belittling of self, for it erodes the comfort they may find in following your path.

Me-Ki-Gal, you are a rare one. At times your words may be a bit unpolished, but your sincerity is ever obvious. You are not afraid to speak to the ugly truths as well as the beautiful ones...I respect you for that.

23. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

And may you be so fortunate as to attain a ripe old age, with creature comforts and that which pleases you to occupy your time....