Heterosexuality: A social disorder?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by one_raven, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Myriad360 Registered Senior Member

I like that better, Metakron, that seems to be a better, more accurate thesis. I believe what you are saying here; many people are forcing tradition because it is accepted, and probably have no idea about their true aspirations. Nor would they probably accept it either. But their lack of being in tune with themselves probably causes a lot of unhappinesses throughout their lives as well.

Strange how some conclusions of your own can start to start cliche, eh?

What we are talking about, Yorda, is not the people that are perfectly happy with their traditional relationships. Why mess with that? Whatever makes people happy, right? It is the people that are not happy with that, but try to force it to work, that we are dissecting. And it is a concern, I suppose, to us because eventually everything envolving our society affects us all.

The magnet attraction between two people is not necessarily due to the fact that they are opposite sexs. I feel that there is more associated with personalities than gender. That at least makes me feel a little better about our species. Maybe I am wrong?

Again, we cannot force ourselves to one extreme because the other is what is upheld by society. That only perpetuates the swing of the pendelum. We need to center ourselves in the middle, and like Yorda said, not care what anyone in the entire world thinks, or be concerned with what they are doing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

The evidence certainly does not suggest to me that people are perfectly happy with their traditional relationships. For all that my mother seemed to have chosen her relationship with her first husband, she was very violent, threatening, and controlling with her offspring. That is a bad sign about the relationship. Maybe demonizing the husband is a way to avoid at least some child abuse some times, but in other cases I would suspect that the mother might see her children as demon seed.

Forcing what seems to be right on people makes it wrong. This won't be the first time I've said that it makes it look like someone had to contrive a way to turn what is right into what is wrong.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Myriad360 Registered Senior Member

Well, I agree with you man. I still see people getting married and having kids, and most have no idea what they are doing. Which it is hard to, granted. But I think if many people would listen to their conscience, they would realize that they are setting themselves up for choas, and the collatoral damage are the people they consceive, many times. This is too bad. So many problems could be solved if people had better plans and thought things out a bit.

I guess my point is don't be satanic because you dislike christians. Don't be republican because you dislike democrats. Don't do anything because someone said to or said not to. Just do what you want. Do what makes you happy.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.