Heroes

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by lixluke, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Please tell me...if Peter knows he could blow up with the nuke powers, and he KNOWS what the nuke guy looked like...why for f*ck's sake didn't he move away from the nuke guy when he saw them approach?

And I hope Sylar got out of Hiro's time freeze because Hiro was too nervous and not concentrating...if Sylar can resist Hiro, then they're all screwed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

Hiro is a dumbass. Why didn't he kill Sylar directly?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Hiro couldn't bring himself to kill anyone else. Remember he's something of a moralist still. So much so that trying to bring himself to do it made him lose control of the time stream.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

every movie or series has his flaws.
    writers are only human

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If a where peter on the moment sylar released me i would be invisible stop time and blast him away with radioactivity. bye bye Sylar. Or just stop time take a knife and slith his trouth.

but what rest of the story then;

8. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

I don't understand why Lindermann died. If he is so vulnerable how he became so reach and powerful.

9. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

How did Donald Trump become so rich and powerful? How did Bill Gates? "Vulnerable" humans get rich and powerful all the time

Side note...how he died was extremely disturbing

uke:

Ando is a big oaf, he didn't even know if Hiro left or not! He could have just asked a question lol. Somehow I knew Hiro's dad knew what was going on (who saw that coming huh?).

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

They did use their powers. Just not the time stop.

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

That is what I thought he was going to do. In fact, I thought he was going to leave ny all together, and go to Nevada, and accidentally run into Ted.

How did Thompson and Mohinder manage to sneak up on Matt?
    Where the hell are Invisible Man, Wireless Girl, That Hatian, and Hiro's sister? Have the 4 of them teamed up as the Invisible Four?
    They never revealed Thompson's powers.
    They never revealed how Linderman set Niki and DL up, or what for, or what the hell DL stands for. Are they going to kill him off? He's black. It's not like they gave him actual airtime anyway. Like that Mexican Heroin addict that they killed off.

12. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Thompson has experience with telepaths it would seem. With the proper training it'd be frightfully easy to avoid a broadcast telepath.

The Haitian is probably hiding somewhere after Grandma Petrelli took custody of Claire. Invisible Man is definitely in hiding after Linderman's goons found him and Peter. Hiro's sister is back in Japan. Dunno what happened to the wireless girl.

And I repeat; how DL killed Linderman was REALLY unsettling. Predictable but unsettling.

13. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

There are a few flaw's in the storyline;

for example claire. the girl survived a fire when she was a baby but it takes till puberty before she start asking questions. ok her father could use the hatian on her but we know what all that mindwiping did to her mother. and what about the things he didn't know.
    what if let's say she was 10 and tried to smoke her first sigaret but burned herself, would she go running to her dad telling she healed after smoking a sigaret.

She never will enjoy sex though aftherall she will allways be a virgin.

and if claire has her power from birth why not the others?

Nathan would be a flying baby

why does it activate with peter when he's in his twenties and the mindreading guy in his thirties? still the hatian dude was a kid.

why is hiro ably to meet himself in the future. i'll guess as futher the series go the more questions rise :bugeye:

14. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

1. The powers don't necessarily 'activate' during childhood. That's just genetics...dormant genes etc.

2. We assume for the sake of the storyline that Claire has never been injured seriously enough to go to dad after healing.

3. Time travel is a funny thing...Future Hiro can remain unaffected by Present Hiro's time travelling simply because Hiro can exist "outside" the timestream. Hiro then has his own timestream that will remain unaffected by simply time jumping, rather will only be affected if Hiro dies.

Who else loved how Nikki/Jessica lifted Sylar off the ground with that mean left cross with the parking meter? Can we say 'Ms. Marvel'?

15. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

As for dormant genes i can accept but i have 3 kids of my own and let me tell ya none of them will pass 10years before asking questions

but yes the storyline must sustain.

Nikki/Jessica is a hottie.

16. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

Yeah!

I think Sylar was stupid, why he did not even move when Hiro was running into him.

17. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

In the previous episode, DL uses his phase power to take Jessica right through the downstairs lobby while Matt has to talk to the guard. Many times, he has phased them both. Yet when Linderman pulls out his gun, instead of phasing them both, he gets in front of her as if he didn't know he had this amazing phasing power that he has full control over.

What happened to Sylars? Where did he go? I would have liked to see more of Niki kicking his ass. I would have liked to see her pick up Matt, DL, Micah, and Molly while they were making their escape. That would have been kewl.

What happened to Peter and Nathan? My theory is that Nathan didn't get affected by Peter's explosion because he is the brother. Family cannot get affected by another family member's power.

Who was Molly talking about that was more evil than Sylars? Sanjog?
    In the previous episode, DL uses his phase power to take Jessica right through the downstairs lobby while Matt has to talk to the guard. Many times, he has phased them both. Yet when Linderman pulls out his gun, instead of phasing them both, he gets in front of her as if he didn't know he had this amazing phasing power that he has full control over.

What happened to Sylar? Where did he go? I would have liked to see more of Niki kicking his ass. I would have liked to see her pick up Matt, DL, Micah, and Molly while they were making their escape. That would have been kewl.

What happened to Peter and Nathan? My theory is that Nathan didn't get affected by Peter's explosion because he is the brother. Family cannot get affected by another family member's power. Juslt like Cyclops and Havock of X-Men.

Who was Molly talking about that was more evil than Sylar? Sanjog? Does he become Uluru?

The battle between Peter and Sylar was gay. Sylar has a plethora of powers that could have been used. Peter has every single one of Sylar's powers and more. Including Sylar's original power, the power to master full control over his powers. I hope Sylar escaped alive. He always escapes. Many times for no explained reaon at all.

WTF!!!! is Shaft's power? We know he has some sort of power. What is his relationship to the OWI?

18. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Temur: Yes I thought Sylar should have just sidestepped. However, we should also realise that Hiro has the ability to stop time, he could have "frozen" everyone and run Sylar thru like when he was supposed to lop off his neck 2 'sodes ago. As a matter of fact, that is probably what the scene was supposed to portray. I think it would have been more effectively done if Hiro appeared in rapid succession in different spots before appearing in front of Sylar with the sword impaling him.

Lix: Sylar's original power is not to master full control. His power is to absorb other's powers (gruesomely so). His own clarity of mind allows him to control them, whereas Peter with his insecure self can't, especially as his ability to use the powers are emotive, rather than autonomic like Sylar.

Sorry, but Heroes isn't XMen, Nathan was blown to ashes. Peter however *might* just survive. And if he does...wow, he and Claire can withstand anything.

Sylar is dead, and yes Nikki's bad-a$$ mamma-jamma beat down was great

I figure the networks didn't allow any further beating cause Sylar's jaw was probably broken after that blow (his whole mouth was blood shaded).

19. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

One strange thing is that why Nathan has to go with Peter to get killed by the explosion? Peter alone could fly and explode. Anyway, there are ways to bring back Nathan; for example, he could have just throw Peter into the vacuum of space and escape flying fast horizontally.

20. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I think Peter can only use his powers sequentially (Sylar as well for that matter), the powers they assimilate can't manifest all at once. Since Pete was going nuclear, he couldn't fly.

However, temur, duh I didn't think about that...Nathan could indeed escape.

21. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Sylar's power is to know how things work or what is broken. This is why I proclaim that he is able to master any power he absorbs. And Peter's first propinquity to Sylar resulted in Peter gaining the ability to master any power he absorbs. Which makes the whole show make no sense. Because Peter should not have had to go through the whole ordeal with Claud. It all should have been automatic.

22. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

If so Peter cannot survive because he has to use his power to regenerate. On the other hand, it seems that the regeneration occurs spontaneously even when Peter (or Clair) is unconscious.

23. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Lix: We know that Peter is unable to completely control his powers due to his own personality. This would include whatever he absorbed from Sylar. Besides, we need some stuff defy logic for the story to unfold

Temur: True that, the regeneration power seems autonomic no matter what. It'd be useless if it were willful only

Perhaps Peter's ability needs to be learned so that he can use more than one at a time.