Heroes

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by lixluke, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Heroes are coming! Yay *bump*

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

I'm hoping Peter dies...

He caused the Death of the girl in the loft and he knows this...he's a coward and he seems slow to understand that there is more going on than just his petty squables.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

I love that Grandma Petrelli has some interesting power too. Can't wait to see what that is!

~String

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saquist Banned Banned

I think Grandma is one of those "ones" Linderman was speaking of that allowed there selfishness to override what good they good do and eventual reversed everything good they had done

I'm hopoing Peter dies too....he's too much like his family and I don't think Peter is the one that would destroy New York.

I really like this episode....I've been waiting for Sylar to meet a decent match. But alass Peter is a child compared to Sylar...Hiro will be the one that takes being a Hero seriously...

8. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Peter and Hiro I figre are the only two that can defeat Sylar...Peter being an equal match in power snatching, and Hiro's time skipping abilities I imagine can't be stopped directly by telekenesis.

What I can't understand is why Peter stood there and waited for the glass to hit him...that was clearly only a plot device for him to be revived in front of mom and bro. Even if he could only use 1 power at a time, he could have stood behind Sylar and attacked when the glass stopped.

4 more 'sodes...

9. Saquist Banned Banned

It didn't seem he was standing there...you have to understand...

Not the Peter know...but Sylar has super hearing. Peter still had to be careful about what he stepped on...

He was attempting to move out of the room...but Sylar can make that Glass move in any direction he wants instantly...

The real question is why wasn't Peter able to stop the glass? Probably because he wasn't trying too...Once again illistrating how inept Peter is and how smart Sylar is in a crunch...

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

1. Grandma Petrelli has no powers. Grandpa Petrelli and Mr. Linderman were in Vietnam together. Petrelli was the only one that knew about Linderman's healing powers. The military never found out because when Petrelli tried to tell them that Linderman the medic had holy healing powers, he was thrown out of the military for being a nutcase.

Years later, Linderman got back with Petrelli, and started the whole Primatech operation. The government has no clue about mutants. Linderman's org had grown in power, and had been hiding the mutant population for years. Among other evil things.

2. Why the hell did Mohinder let Sylar escape? He took sylar down, grabbed Peter, and left. What the hell was the whole deal with Mohinder grabbing Peter's dead body, throwing him in a Taxi, then going to Nathan's house? What was his purpose for this? Then he goes back to his apartment knowing that Sylar is on the loose, and contacts Primatech. WTF!

11. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

a hero well the is the unamed british worior

12. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Forgot Sylar stole the hyper-hearing...but yes, Pete should have been able to stop the glass. Or fly out the window.

True...why didn't Mohinder kill the unconscious Sylar. Moh took the trouble to strike the guy with a whole cupboard

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The good doctor is strong for a spindly guy.

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Further what makes no sense is how did he get the body from his apartment to Nathan's house?

Arab terrorist drags white guy's dead body in the cab in the middle of NY in the middle of the day?
    Then delivers it to Mom who kicks him out instead of asking for explanations.

14. ashpwner Registered Senior Member

winston churchill one of the greatest heros of all time

15. superstring01 Moderator

Well, grandma petrelli has to have powers, didn't she say as much? I'm sure of it.

Plus-- I'm also getting sick of young Pete Petrelli not tapping into his abilities. Don't give me that "he's still learning" bullshit. THERE'S A MADMAN OUT THERE... DEFEND YOURSELF MAN! He's such a winer. I just hope he shapes up and we get to see some mutant battles between him and Sylar. The good thing is--- since he has "stood" in the presence of Sylar, he will have all his powers too. Just hope he learns to cycle between them a little faster.

OH-- and I'm sick of Mohinder NOT having the balls/brains to take advantage of certain situations. Yes... yes... it's a TV show, but C'mon... who the hell WOULDN'T take time (a) when he was powerless the first time and (b) unconscious the second time to slit his throat, crush his throat, kick his zyphoid into his heart or just slug him a time-or-two in the nuts for good measure!-- it's not like he can heal! Damn Indians!

~String

16. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Hater rants are pathetic indeed. Reminds me of those wack losers on youtube posting videos just to throw a gay hate rant.
    Peter does have all of Sylar's powers. And he can do all of the time manipulation. Not sure why he isn't really using most of them. He seems to enjoy his invisibility too much.
    Peter needs to hurry up and die. He is too powerful. And he sucks.

I still don't understand why Mohinder let Sylar escape yet again.

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

At the time Peter was pretty much indestructible but like Claire Bennett, he had the problem that if an object penetrated his brain it turned him off until that object was removed. It seemed to have stuck in the same place that Claire had something in her brain.

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Why the hell does Peter have a scar? He came in contact with future Sylar who had a ton of powers including healing.

I don't understand why they chose not to stop time when they infiltrated that base towards the end. Instead they decide to go on a killing spree upon the guards. A crappy fight scene trying to be like the Matrix. All they had to do is stop the time. Then both of them run in there, and save the day. Then escape.

19. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

The problem with the power of peter is that when he want's to use them he has to remember the person who has the ability's. Because sylar is the one with all the abilitys , he will allways be a second faster than Peter.
    Therefore Peter never will be a match for Sylar. That's what i think. In belgium where now just seens the episode where the introduction of Grandma Petrelli and Claire took Place. So I don't know yet how Peter escapes for Sylar. No need to reply lol i want to see the show lol

20. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Well true Peter would by nature have to be defensive. But invisibility and a healing factor are powerful defenses if used correctly. Plus Peter's powers do have an autonomic response...as you'll see soon enough Vasgo...

Didn't Peter come close to Hiro too? Time skipping would be one of the best powers against Sylar.

21. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

I don't understand the scar thing. But about the crappy Matrix scene, they could not use any power because the Haitian was around.

22. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

But Peter has to only remember Sylar in case he is fighting with Sylar. I think they are equal.

23. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

I got sick when Peter's mother said that Truman dropped two atomic bombs on Japan to end the second world war, to kill thousands and save millions. Actually the war was almost over by that time.

Last edited: May 8, 2007