Heroes

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by lixluke, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

I also fancy House and Boston Legal, but those two aren't in the same genre.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Get real. It's not my fault you have no life. Moron.

1. What was the chamber Sylar was kept in? Why all of a sudden did he manage to escape?

2. How did Peter have those visions? Isaac was nowhere in vicinity. He was somewhere with Hiro and Ando painting dinosaurs. What is Peter's range? I thought the clairvoyance was for painting.

3. Killing Eden was uncalled for. Now that Eden is dead, and Haitian Thug is a traitor, what will happen to Mr. Bennet?

4. Mohinder was cussing people out the FBI for not following up on the list. He mentions Ice Man and Memory Girl getting killed by Sylar. With the list, Audrey will know where all of the victims will be before Sylar strikes. Yet again, they make it seem like Sylar has all these powers, but he only demonstrates the same one.

5. Why do people keep mentioning Jan22? What happens? Nov8 already came and went, and that was supposed to be the episode when they save NY. Obviously the show has yet to reach Nov8 2006.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fLuX Registered Senior Member

You know Nexus, something I found interesting was Mr. Bennet claiming Sylar's powers didn't work there. It seems as though they do, i think perhaps Bennet had a hand in their abilities coming to them. And I think when in his presence, they are rendered helpless. If this is some form of genetic manipulation by whatever Bennet is in to, then this is a great defense mechanism to ensure that his "projects" don't commit a mutany.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

It's the Haitan that seemingly has that power - not Bennet.

8. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I think so too.
    It appears that Haitian Thug has the ability to leech powers and erase memories.

But there is a possibility still that it could be Mr. Bennet that is the leech. Notice that Haitian Thug seems to turn against Mr. Bennet. Yet he could have erased Bennet's memories. If Mr. Bennet is the leech, Haitian Thug could not erase the memories.

But the show seems to point to Haitian Thug as the leech. Matt could not read Mr. Bennet's thoughts in #4. It is possible that Haitian Thug is up to something, and doesn't want to erase his memory. Perhaps he already has done some erasing on Mr. Bennet to an extent. I'm eager to see alot more of Haitian Thug in action.

It turns out that Eden commited suicide intentionally to prevent Sylar from taking her power.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I'd noticed that.
    I'd always thought it was the Haitian repressing the powers, yet he wasn't around all the time while Sylar was captive.
    So, maybe they have a technological method of repressing powers, but if so it wasn't strong enough to hold Sylar back when he was enraged.

I think he's loyal to Bennet. Doesn't want to betray him. But, at the same time, disagrees with the decisions he's making about his daughter. It's hard to say whether he disagrees on moral grounds or strategic. He might well believe that Bennet isn't thinking rationally. And he'd be right.

A standard ploy of all cliff-hangers is to ambiguously kill someone.
    She might be alive.
    Don't jump to conclusions.

I had the same question in mind.
    I have this feeling that the dream wasn't prescient. It was just an ordinary dream.
    People are probably putting two and two together and figuring out that Sylar probably blows up after acquiring nuke boy's talent. So, to throw the hounds off the trail, they introduce the concept of Peter doing it instead.

What is interesting is a connection I've never noticed before.
    I compared Sylar's talent to Micah's. But, in a way, he's also connected to Peter. Not in talent, but ability.
    Peter absorbs talents temporarily. Sylar acquires them permanently.

Just an interesting little thing, not really of importance.

The murder investigation where the cop found the girl featured a frozen corpse sans brain.

As to memory, this might enhance his ability acquire talents. Speed up the creation of the requisite neural net.

Because that's how long you have to wait to see another episode. The show is in hiatus.
    Lame. But at least it had more episodes than Lost...

10. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

For the thin girl (Eden?) to 'suggest' that he killed himself, the source of the power-blanking had to have been turned off. IMO

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Maybe the question that should be asked is what is Isaac's range?

lol Jan 22 is when the show continues

11. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Comment: I think Haitian guy's power-blocking may be autonomic and fixed range. He may not actively have to focus that ability.

12. fLuX Registered Senior Member

I'm not completely disagreeing, he's definitely around when another's abilities don't work, but so is Bennet. Bennet, and Claire, and Matt(Telepath)'s partner were talking in a room, and Matt was on the other side trying to read Bennet's thoughts. The Haitan wasn't around, which is what I found very interesting.

There's always the possibility that he was, and that we just didn't see him. Or like it was suggested, that they have some form of technology, maybe some kind of device, that disables abilities.

13. fLuX Registered Senior Member

Something else I've thought of. If we recall the first episode of the series, it shows us Peter is telling his mother about a phone call, or something of that nature concerning his brother, where he knew what was going to happen. As if he had a preminition.

When Peter mimics Isaac's power, its in the form of painting, or drawing. But these visions are different. I'm wondering if maybe there's more to Peter than meet's the eye.

14. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

1. Mutants that are related probably have some sort of psychic bond. But Peter's visions are not simply part of a bond. Nor are they normal dreams.

They are premenitions.

2. Eden is definitely dead. She committed suicide to prevent Sylar from taking her power. Somehow, Mr. Bennet and Haitain Thug came just in time to cancel his power and hit him with tranq darts.

3. The situation about Jan22 is quite upseting. I guess the only thing to do is write down what will happen in the upcoming episodes.

4. I do not think Niki is suffering from DID.
    They were not necessarilty twins either, although it is possible.
    The birthday was on the tombstone, but that doesn't mean it is the same bday as Nichole.

I had no clue that Jessica was a real person until the #10. The prequel episode. Once they revealed that Jessica is Niki's sister, the first thing that popped into my mind was Cuckoo from Clandestine.

Cuckoo never died because her ability was to transfer her mind into the body of another being. I think Emperor Palpatine can do this too.

Jessica sort of had this power, but it was different. She had the ability to occupy anybody's body, and experience what the other person experiences. Even more advanced, she can actually take control of the body she occupies. Meanwhile, her original body is probably in a trance.

It appears that before she died, she sent her mind into the body of her sister Niki without knowing it. In fact, her powers probably never manifested until that first experience. Therefore, Jessica had never lived long enough to actually use her power in practice or to know that her power exists.

The best way for Niki to be cured is for Jessica to enter Mr. Muggles. Perhaps another mutant can accomplish sending her into the dog. Poor Mr. Muggles.

15. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

???
    When did this happen?
    I didn't see that. I thought Sylar escaped.....

16. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

No Sylar did not escape. Mr. Bennet shot him full of needles with the tranqulizer gun. Sylar is helpless when Haitian thug is there to block powers.

17. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Well.. I just watched the episode again.. and there's no scene where anyone stops Sylar.
    The last we see of him is in the prison room, where the hot chic shoots herself.

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

WTF? You must have been missing all the epilogues. There have been 11 episodes, and therefore 11 epilogues. You must have a great deal of catching up to do.

19. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

It was episode 11 I 'm referring to.

And what do you mean by epilogue???

20. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I was referring to episode 11 as well. Are you joking? You really do not know about the epilogues? Every one of them from #1 to #11 have an epilogue on the website.

I'll try to find the link.
    Here is the list. The latest epilogue is at the top, and the epilogues for earlier episodes can be found as you go down.
    http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/

21. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Aaah.. OK
    I thought I actually missed something in the episode itself..

22. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

The Haitian guy was down the hall from the room with the one way glass. I'm pretty sure that Bennett - like all shadowy government/secret service/spy characters - employed a bodyguard. In this case, he has to have one with special talent...ie power cancellation.

It is also very likely that Bennett has access to suppressant technology which is why he was confident that Sylar could not escape. And explains why he DID escape since Eden would have had to deactivate whatever it is to try to make him kill himself.

(Shux, I missed ep10...I was still thinking that Nicole had a split personality with Jessica being the one accessing a super-normal talent). Altho technically that's still right...

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Why was Sylar able to resist Eden's power?