Heroes Season III

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by superstring01, Sep 23, 2008.

1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

WTF is coming?

Whatever happened to Molly btw? In the first episode of season 3, Mohinder talk about how Molly was sent on a flight where she'll be safe. Weak.

They still never mentioned what happened to Peter's girlfriend that got left in the future.

Didn't that 9 wonders comic book end when Isaac died?

What's with the African artist? Didn't he get his head chopped off by father Petrelli?

Why did Fahter Petrelli let Angela go anyway? Uncle Flint and his friend are after Claire? Is it because they know that she's the catalyst? Did Sylar tell on her? What makes her so sure she is it anyway? It appears Father Petrelli has That-Hatian's power. Therefore, he can cancel everybody's power anytime.

I'm not too happy about Sylar having Peter's ability now. He never had that before. Nor am I too pleased with Sylar being their brother? It's all uncalled for nonsense. What is the point of Sylar getting psychometric powers if he never uses it anyway?

What is going to happen to Mohinder? Why isn't he running around putting people in cacoons?

How did Nathan rever from the assasination?

So they just wrote Jessica out of the whole story as Niki's split personality. Then they killed Nikki. Now Micah and Monica are running around doing what? And who is Barbara supposed to be?

When are West and Zach going to duke it out over who's the gayest?

What exactly is Angela's power?

Claude has been in every episode so far clearly doing a wonderful job with his powers.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Renrue Someone Registered Senior Member

WTF is coming?
    The eclipse that will strip them of their powers. Didn't you watch the episode preview?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Didn't that 9 wonders comic book end when Isaac died?
    Perhaps he saw more into the future than we believe!

What's with the African artist? Didn't he get his head chopped off by father Petrelli?
    He did indeed. But we don't know what his power was. His ability to paint the future was most likely induced by eating dung.

It appears Father Petrelli has That-Hatian's power. Therefore, he can cancel everybody's power anytime.
    I don't recall any moment that showed him having the ability to directly cancel people's powers with his presence. Remember, he can only have a power through Peter's collection or through taking them. The Haitian still has his power and Peter's empathy powers couldn't work near him. Therefore the Haitian's ability is safe.

What is going to happen to Mohinder? Why isn't he running around putting people in cacoons?
    He's busy getting the formula to work. His monstrosity came with his want to find a cure. If he's working on what he wants, I doubt he needs to cocoon people for fun.

How did Nathan rever from the assasination?
    Rever? Recover? Ah, I totally forgot about that!

So they just wrote Jessica out of the whole story as Niki's split personality. Then they killed Nikki. Now Micah and Monica are running around doing what?
    Micah is mourning. Probably either lives with Monica or some foster home. Don't think they ever revealed, but we saw Micah at Nikki's funeral.

And who is Barbara supposed to be?
    We'll find out when they kill off Tracy and replace her with Barbara. 0:^)

What exactly is Angela's power?
    Dreaming the future. This explains why Peter kept seeing the future.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Peter had That-Hatian's power for a long time. However, Father Petrelli has demonstrated that exact same power in the prequel episode. Thus, it is quite possible that That-Hatian also has the power to absorb the powers of others.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Renrue Someone Registered Senior Member

I also don't recall Peter ever having that power. Can you tell me which episode(s) you're thinking of?

Also, I do not recall Arthur Petrelli using the ability to stem abilities. I remember the Haitian BEING there when Angela poisoned him, so that he couldn't read her mind...

Ohhh. You're thinking of his telepathy. Advanced telepathy has the ability to suppress memories as well, is what I took it as. Sure both erase memories, but only the Haitian can null powers in proximity. Otherwise, if Arthur had it, you would think he could cancel out the Haitian when he stood at the dinner table.

8. superstring01 Moderator

Peter never absorbed the Haitian's power. Nobody can. He neutralizes all powers when they are in his presence.

~String

9. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I imagine this loose end will be tied up. Molly is probably with some safehouse agent or someone that Matt knows.

I thought the same thing, til I realised we actually don't know how many comics he turned over to his publisher. Easy plot device I guess...

His katra probably lives on in Matt...similar to the echo of Arthur that was controlling Angela.

I'm actually less happy about Mohinder than Sylar. Sylar is easily manipulated by stronger willed folks, but Mohinder has always been the unwavering humanitarian.

I figure Micah and Monica are also written out by association.

The character West is straight, although I think he's the cuter one. LOL.

Cute. lol

10. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

More comments:

Why would Arthur leave an obvious threat like Hiro alive? It should have been very easy for him to destroy Hiro.

If Claire is the catalyst, does this mean that Sylar should at least know how to be the catalyst himself?

Nice line up at the end of E9, showing corresponding good-evil characters. Nice build up to the showdown.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  11. Renrue Someone Registered Senior Member

Why would Arthur leave an obvious threat like Hiro alive? It should have been very easy for him to destroy Hiro.
    Well, even though he stated he was just going to erase his memories, we don't know actually how he was going to finish the job. First Arthur was distracted by the eclipse painting and then Ando pushed Hiro out of the way and forced him to teleport.

If Claire is the catalyst, does this mean that Sylar should at least know how to be the catalyst himself?
    I don't think that's how his powers work. So far, even though he knows how things work (to an extent), he has shown only to be able to replicate powers, not any other special properties.

12. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Naw...it should have been easier for Arthur to win...I realise that him not destroying Hiro and Ando is necessary to the plot.

Ah! The catalyst would be a DNA encoding or something of the sort that Sylar could "read", but not replicate

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

How did father Petrelli get in contact with brother hatian? What is their relationship? Why is brother hatian trying to gun down his own brother?

It seems a little off that everybody can just lose their power like that out of nowhere. Does that mean no adventuring everytime there is an eclipse? Doesn't eclipse only occur in certain area?

If Daphne is parapalegic, she souldn't be able to run even with super speed powers. A parapalegic with super speed is still a cripple.

14. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I think the Haitian brothers were always at war...the one with the armor skin became a terrorist that his bro kept trying to stop. Arthur merely became aware of Nathan's plan, and used Jessica-clone's political links to get in contact with Armor-Haitian.

The darkeneing effect of an eclipse can only be visible from a certain area. However changed magnetic fields and possible other exotic radiation would be felt everywhere. They are probably alluding to something of the sort.

This may be a side effect of her powers...imagine the demand on her leg muscles to move that quickly. It appears from her comment "it's happening again" that she has to restrain herself from superspeed when her muscles become damaged, at least until they heal.

15. tim840 Registered Senior Member

Aaagh! Nathan is joining Pinehearst... and is Peter ever going to get his powers back? seriously, I will be pissed off if they don't come back sooner or later...

And what is the Haitian's brother's power? (Sendi, I think his name is??)

I loved how Hiro just popped up in the Bennets' house and removed Sylar and Elle.

And Sylar is going to remain evil. I thought he was going to become a "good guy" but it appears he'll be rampaging around dissecting brains again.

And I though Mohinder was turning into some sort of human spider... but he's growing scales, and they always play a hissing sound in the background when it shows it him... so is he a spider or a gecko or what?

16. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Here's hoping that the eclipse reset his powers and he will realise next week that he has learned to fly once more.

He was unbreakable. Physically anyway

Hiro can be frickin' great sometimes. Future Hiro loses the innocence that can be annoying in our present Hiro.

Were it not for Angela and Arthur's playing his psychological linchpin he'd have remained so all the time.

Other comments: clearly I was wrong about Speedster...her ability overcame her initial handicap...cerebral palsy. However since Daphne's handicap is the fault of a brain disconnection, an ability can override or perhaps reroute motor functions. Her leg muscles would be fine.

17. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

WTF? They said that Hiro never had dialogue with Claire before? I don't remember the old eps anymore, but I thought they had encounter. Or was it an episode set in the future? Don't remember.

How did Hiro even know Sylar was there? And why would he TP Sylar and Electroid to the same location? Why didn't he fight Sylar is he knew Sylar was a nemesis? Why is Hiro even traveling all over the place. All he had to do was follow the Petrellis to meet That-Hatian so he could give Hiro his memories back.

How can an eclipse just take away people's powers? Mohinder is an idiot.

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Hiro and Peter have no powers.

While this show is good and fun for the most part, there has been lots of really weak writing since the first season. It really doesn't make sense that mom sense Peter after pops with the gun when dat-hatian was standing right there. All she had to do was give dat-hatian the gun, and send him off on a mission to kill Father Petrelli. No big flipping deal, and totally no reason for Peter do be the one to do it. Furthermore, totally no reason for Peter to want to kill his own pops.

And all of a sudden, Dat-Hatian has to put extra effort into canceling powers. What a load of crock. Dat-Hatian has a major advantage. He can cancel other's powers while still keeping the power to erase memories. That is major. So now he is claiming that Father is too powerful? This is nonsensical.

On top of all that, Father has Adams powers. In case anybody didn't notice, a bullet to the head might as well pop itself out. It also seems weird that Sylar managed to get Claire's ability after the whole first season was spent trying to prevent that.

So the only way for Hiro to make it back to the future is for Ando to get super powers and rescue him. That would be kewl. For a supporting character, Ando sure has had more lines and been in more episodes than some of these other main characters.

But what about Mohinder? Why did he inject the syrup into some white dude instead of use it to cure himself?

So Father Peterelli lets Claire live for what? This is just like the pointless episode when he erased Hiro's memory. Why the hell would he send his cronies to look for the catalyst in the first place. He has all of Peter's powers. He can do pretty much anything. Is there really any point in breeding super soldiers when he has all these powers?

All he had to do was kill Hiro. Then go back in time to steal the catalyst from Mumma Nakamura. Then use his TP powers to go to the desert, and kill Hiro. Why not just kill Hiro, Mya, and Claire when he had the chance? And then Nathan came back talking all kinds of shit. He could have killed Nathan on the spot. This makes no sense.

19. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Hiro didn't know...he had gone for Claire based on the 9th Wonders comic. He popped in behind Sylar and saw him attacking Noah, so removed him and Elle (who was holding Noah's wife) from the picture.

Like Mohinder said...any kind of reason...extra exotic radiation, magnetic field shift...the writers took artistic licence with that one I figure.

20. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Nah...the Peter thing was for the Sylar drama. There had to be a setup for Sylar to kill Arthur.

I agree with this! We all thought the Haitian's cancellative powers were autonomic. Having it be a conscious effort now is a change, and it was so that Sylar's powers wouldn't be cancelled out while Arthur's were.

The Haitian would also cancel out Adam's immortality. Note that when Arthur removed Adam's power, Adam instantly decayed from old age.

Also, Adam and Claire are both succeptible to brain injury. That's the one thing they won't come back from.

Ando is a great supporting character.

In case it didn't work. Mohinder made the mistake once, he isn't about to do it again. Now that he knows it works...he'll probably take a dose next. My question is though...why super strength again?

From what I gather, Arthur wanted to be the one in control of everyone with superhuman abilities.

I'm actually vexed at what the writers did to Hiro. Hiro knew what Arthur could do, yet still stood there posturing all "I'm strong enough to defend the cheerleader and the catalyst", instead of hightailing his ass out of there...he could have even LEFT Claire and retrieved her from a couple seconds earlier.

The one thing I'm really tired of is Hiro being the comic relief...lol.

21. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Didn't Mohinder Suresh already make a "cure" for super powers. Isn't that how they took Sylar's powers away? Albeit temporary, how come he didn't use that formula again to cure himself? That was bugging me.

22. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I don't agree that this is necessarily a change. Consider breathing, normally it's completely automatic. But run as fast as you can for a few minutes and suddenly you're gasping for air. What I'm saying is, everyone the Haitan had previously dealt with was so easy to suppress that is was effortless and automatic; but Authur was so powerful that the Haitan actually had to strain to suppress his powers. For the first time, his power required a conscious effort.
    Yes, but also remember that when Skylar and Claire died without their powers, they immediately came back to life once their powers were restored.
    What about the fact that when Skylar has Clair's skullcap removed exposing her brain, he said he couldn't kill her even if he wanted to. Clearly, if she's suspectable to brain injury, he could have killed her. Also, what about her "dad"? He was shot in the eye and her blood brought him back to life. Surely some brain injury is involved when a bullet passes thru your eye!
    Now that doesn't make sense either. Author's going around killing everyone with powers or, at least, taking their powers so that he can then institute his grand plan to GIVE EVERYONE SUPERPOWERS????? How does that make fucking sense?

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Dat-Hatian's powers were never automatic/uncontrollable. He can control the canceling, but it never took crazy effort. There is no way to fight it. He either cancels the person in vicinity or not. It doesn't matter how powerful the mutant is. There is no way he can do anything if his powers are canceled.

Then there is the other episode in which Mr. Bennet didn't take extra precautions to make sure Skylar was dead for good. Why would he go and assassinate Skylar, and leave him there knowing full well that Skylar will come back to life as soon as the power outage ends? Any idiot would not take the chance. Especially a professional. If he is supposed to be trying to kill Skylar, he should have done it in a way that would prevent Skylar from ever coming back in the case that the power outage was temporary. Which it was.