Here I am.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mr. G, Aug 25, 2022.

1. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I did my best. I got a Like and a reply. Not a bad score.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

I learned to play chess when I was eight. My dad was teaching my older brother, so I had to be included.

My brother eventually became a pretty good player. He's very logical and very methodical. Dad got better by playng against him. I, on the other hand, was something of a loose cannon. I couldn't beat them but I could scare the bejeebers out of them because I didn't know the "right" thing to do and they didn't know how to respond to the "wrong" thing.

It works about the same here.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Some of you made me chuckle. Thank you.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. foghorn Valued Senior Member

When I was about thirteen or so, I taught a younger cousin how to play chess. When the time for a game, in which I did not pull my punches, she beat me . It was her brother who taught me.

sideshowbob likes this.
  8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Wow, Mr, G. Long time. I would love to hear what it's like living in a Fascist state under a Fascist dictator? Does it look like he'll get another term or will logic, compassion and common sense prevail and he gets voted out?

9. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

I appreciate the gift, but I cannot accept the mutilation of a person offering a piece of themselves to another.

Which is to say, projecting upon me what your own egotistical motive would be for posting "news and information" related items. Which curiously seems to entail the eccentric expectation that the "majority will or should be receiving replies".

Due to the absence of even a "like" button/feature over there, little wonder why you're just a lurker. Sorry about the forum's insensitivity to such personal needs, but it's out of my hands.

"Karen needs her popularity score incentives."--Madelyn Brilly

- - -

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

11. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Alright joe Rogan

12. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Q,

I moved to Florida because Californians moved into Oregon and F'd it up.

I've been in Florida 32 years. Finished a professional career and have since retired from a lucrative small business. Have investments, savings, cookie jar cash, resources.

Oregon, my beloved state, could never have done that for me because of Californians.

North Easterners have moved here for years (different Californian sect). They hold sway in at least four counties with large urban populations.

Florida still remains a MAGA state. Triggered? Of course you are. MAGA, MAGA, MAGA. How's your breathing?

Relax, breath through your nose, exhale through your mouth, accept that people smarter than you actually exist and are thriving.

It's hard to believe considering your continued presence in this comfortable neighborhood.

13. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Wasn't important around the time you posted that video link.

Just checked it out.

What's actually pretty funny is once upon a time I earned income producing and performing laser light shows (I learned the ropes from stage show producers for Santana & Jefferson Airplane/Starship).

What's really funny is I once used that video to make actual money.

You can do such a thing by paying your licensing fees to ASCAP or BMI (back then, anyways).

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  14. billvon Valued Senior Member

I moved to California from New York for the opportunities in both work (electrical engineering) and skydiving. I've made my fortune, set a few world records and now have the same sorts of investments. Easier to do in California because of the wealth of technical resources here - schools, workers, incubators, infrastructure.

15. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Are these ideas supposed to be linked somehow?

16. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Sport can still be had here.

Smart people made to demonstrate that they don't know that they don't know.

Or what, too.

"Free thoughts" affords additional latitude for free humor.

17. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

You and I have no previous history. I have no reason to disrespect you other than you're now a Californian.

Modern day carpetbaggers.

18. billvon Valued Senior Member

And I have no reason to dislike you even if you are from Florida.

19. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I'm from Oregon. Portland, actually.

I've not admitted that to anyone for several years.

Californians are involved.

20. billvon Valued Senior Member

My wife is from Portland. Great city.

21. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

It used to be. Now it's a cluster f'k.

I used to take great pride in claiming to be from Portland. I'm 3,000 miles away and an ambassador of the Rose
    City.

Now I avoid the admission as best I can. The folks in charge have turned the place into a solar system-sized embarrassment.

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

Funny, I was up there shortly after a FOX News story talked about how Portland had been destroyed by their "autonomous zone." Went to Powell's, McMenamins and Rogue. Not much had changed. It's almost as if FOX was . . . lying!

If you're happy in Florida, great. I'd suggest getting your news from a place other than FOX News though.

23. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

I've spent so many hours in Powell's & much more money.

My first lesson in small business success.

[Edit] Oh, I don't watch the "news". Occasionally I'll watch local "news".

National "news"? Not at all.

Walter Cronkite was the last "newsman" I watched. Didn't trust him, either.

We don't have to grow up to be stupid.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022