Help with disproving the resurrection of Jesus

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Samaritan, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

Oh shit, I almost fell out of my seat when I read that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dr. cello Thrilling Conversationalist Registered Senior Member

actually, resurrection is a word from the latin 'stop being such a lunatic', ultimately from the indo-european root 'you're speaking absolute drivel.' it's now come to mean 'coming back from the dead', and has nothing nirvana-like about it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

"The evidence of Tacitus is not contemporary, however, but dates from about 50 years after the event. As governor of Asia c.112 ce, he must have been familiar with Christian 'troublemakers', as his friend Pliny obviously was. The only thing that would make Tacitus' writings an independent testimony to the existence of Jesus and not merely the repitition of Christian beliefs would be if he had gained his information about Christ being crucified under Pontius Pilate from the copius records that the Romans kept of their legal dealings. But this does not seem to be the case, for Tacitus calls Pilate the 'procurator' of Judea when he was in fact 'prefect', so Tacitus is clearly not returning to the records of the time but quoting hearsay information from his own day.
    Despite their obsession with records and histories, that concludes our survey of relevant Roman texts. However, it could be argued that other Roman literature which may well have mentioned Jesus has been lost over time. But surely any such texts would have been carefully preserved by the Roman Church once it held power in the Empire. Not only this, but it is safe to assume that well-educated early Christians, such as Justin Martyr would have quoted these texts in support of Literalist Christianity, but they do not."

The Jesus Mysteries: Was Original Jesus a Pagan god? Timothy Freke Peter Gandy, ps 165-166

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

dr. cello, you don't HAVE to believe me.

8. Samaritan Registered Member

How does Jesus die or what is his fate in muslim lore?

9. Trilairian Registered Senior Member

http://www.middleeastfacts.com/jews4judaism/resurrection.php
    The above is a tabulation of contradictions between the ressurection stories. This level of contradiction seems to imply that the christian leaders where composing the written stories to unify the paagan godman religions that already existed and didn't collaborate very well. If there was an actual Jesus crusifixion even which I do believe happened, at the least these gosples/stories were written so long after the fact that they didn't capture a consistent representation of the Jesus ressurection hoax.

10. dr. cello Thrilling Conversationalist Registered Senior Member

i don't have to believe you, but your inanity invokes my mockery.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I read Jesus had a twin brother. This may be the source of the resurrection myth.

12. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Gnostics taught that Jesus had a twin brother, Thomas Didymos Judas, who wrote The Gospel of Thomas. The Gospel of Thomas is a collection of the traditional sayings of Jesus.

Although this little factoid has been covered up by the Roman Catholic Church, some of the ancient churches, especially in France, show twin sons in the arms of Mary and Joseph. If anyone is interested, go to:

If Jesus existed, there are many things that the Church suppressed about him.

13. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

God hates you too. God hated you before you were even born, like he did with Esau.

14. Samaritan Registered Member

I dont understand your post Joeman, can you explain

15. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

The animator/animation of the universe cannot be found in religion Samaritan. Look inside of yourself. I wish you well.