Hello, 'tis me.

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Tiassa, Nov 24, 2005.

1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Analysis.

Most of the posts i had in this thread were on his qualities as a writer. Although at first there was a heated discussion, particularly with 'stretched', on this matter it later calmed down considerably and we even ended up with a conclusion we could both live with. I find it hard to believe that if I had a blind hate for the man and wanted to kick him when he was down that I would concede to the point he had literary qualities that appealed to a subset of the population. I would just have kept slamming him till he cried.

And then there is the matter that Tiassa made a post about himself, describing his own actions. If you are allowed to go all mushy over his actions you are also allowed to criticize his actions. Most sciforumers actually do not post any detail on their personal life on this forum for good reasons. That is because they do not want to discuss it here. If you make a thread on your life you'd better be ready to be criticized. Especially if you deserve some criticism.

In fact I don't think Tiassa really minds the attention I give him. It feeds his illusion of 'grandeur'.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

Dear spurious,
    you are a funny monkey. Your wittty one liners are hilarious and this thread a goldmine of hilariousity. Please ignore the pussy nay sayers and continue to be funny.

sincerely,
    roman

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

i second that!!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Fuck...the pressure. I can't think of anything funny.

8. john smith Tongue in cheek Registered Senior Member

you dont have to try!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Bells Staff Member

Good grief!

Tiassa returns and tells us why he has been away and after so many pages what he was trying to say has been lost in catfights. It's nice to see things never change.

Spurious, you know I like you and have always liked reading your posts.. you have an insight into things that most others can't see. But honestly, nitpicking his writing style? Come on monkey, you're better than that.

And Kotoko. Let me get this straight, you are having a go at monkey for argueing with Tiassa because Tiassa's going through a rough patch. You?!? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe you should refer to some of your posts in some of the other threads and see how you've treated people who were down before you criticise another for exactly what you have been known to constantly do.

Tiassa, welcome back and I hope that things work out for you.

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

What can I say? I'm an underachiever and proud of it.

11. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

Hah... and what you used to do to others all the time as well? And others that are doing the exact same thing in this thread? Yeah, dead ears don't begin to explain it.

The hypocrisy from everyone in this thread is amazing. We could make one hell of a cavalry on these horses.

12. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

I know what you mean...

When he told me I wouldn't recognize joy if it hit me in the face with...
    ah, shit - I can't remember if it was a 2 x 4 board or it's dick...

Well, the earth moved, I gotta tell ya...

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I had a personal message from God. It goes as follows: 'If you use the word hypocryte one more time I will kill a kitten.' I censored the expletives.

14. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Yes, I object to being called a cripohyte too. You don't know me, how can you say that when you don't know the first thing about me, moan gripe whine, etc., etc.

Seriously though - why can't we all get along???

*giggle*

15. water the sea Registered Senior Member

Because we don't know each other,
    or only barely know each other,
    or don't care to really get to know eachother.

16. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Erm, is it... C?

17. Bells Staff Member

Including your own?

I never said I was different Ardi. The way you started to abuse monkey for what you are always guilty of went from being funny to hilarious. Hence the comment 'pot.. kettle.. black'. Before you question his 'humanity', maybe you should question your own. You're right, I guess dead ears do not begin to explain it.

18. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

I did say WE.

I am not always guilty of being a bitch. I would even wager a guess that at least half of my posts have nothing to do with getting on other people. But I wouldn't expect you to know that, since you are stuck trying to be the mother now that your produced spawn from your loins. As usual, you are way off in your assumptions of everyone.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

50% bitch is still a whole lotta bitch.

20. Roman Banned Banned

Ehh, I dunno spurious. I think she's just half assing it.

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I do admit, 'tis a strange scene 'round here. I wonder why you even bother, Monkey, but the general discussion is fascinating. I don't know what to think, and haven't figured out exactly what it is I'm supposed to learn. Consider the simple paradox: To guard against egotism is a form of egotism. In the purest form, it leads to commonsense courtesy and a deliberate pretense of humility; both of these results are conscious behaviors until they become, to an extent, ritualized. Is there a moral notion to be identified within the myth of the paradox? Purity and perfection are impossible? I don't know.

But your objections suggest an ultimately shallow reading, and this may be a lingual thing or some personal thing of your own. Nonetheless, I'm accustomed to this apparent handicap you suffer by whatever circumstances, but it makes me wonder even more why you're bothering to expend such contempt. Does it make you feel better somehow? Great. Glad to be of help.

Whatever.

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Just trying to give you what you need. No need to thank me.

23. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

I'm always half-assing it. The full moon would be more than you all could handle