Hello again

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by The Void, Jun 25, 2003.

1. The Void Registered Member

Hi again, I have been reading your forums and getting to know some of your opinions and beliefs. I am impressed with some of your educated answers and like I said the other day I am looking forward to bouncing ideas around with you.

I am a little disappointed to see the way some people harass other people because of there opinions. Sure I see why you may disagree with the statement the person made but ridiculing them is probably the wrong way to approach the poster. I agree some of the statements posted are ridicules but instead of insulting a persons education level I feel like it is better to explain to the person where the mistake is in there observation instead of just laughing at them and closing the post.

One person said something like "The best minds of the world are working on the solution to these problems every day and you come forward with your High School Education and tell us the way it happened"

Why don’t I like that? If the person is a high school student being extremely sarcastic about their bad idea or thought may embarrass them into not trying anymore. They may become convinced that they are foolish and could not possibly have an original idea. I think it is of the utmost importance that we foster growth in each other with encouragement and guidance. I especially think we need to do this for the next generation. I'm not trying to pick a fight with the people have made those kind of statements, im just trying to help change the mood to one of mutual cooperation from one of "Lets compete and see who is the smartest"

I may have some questions to ask soon and if I'm made to feel like a bonehead for asking I'll be really disappointed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. druiaghtagh Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thankyou 'the Void' for echoing and articulating in a way i probably couldn't my thoughts on the way that things sometimes go on here. I have read some really interesting and intelligent answers on here , but am often disappointed at the way things degenerate into name calling and petty arguments

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.