"Hearts of Iron" Game Series

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Giambattista, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

ScienceTruth is multiplying itself! :crazy:

Anyhow, I hope it works good. Not exactly sure what date the game itself goes to. You are using HOI2, yes? Doomsday? Oh, I just checked, 1914 Mod. Does it actually start in 1914? Don't know much about it, I've only heard of it really.

I used No Time Limit on HOI 1 one time, and after the date where it usually would end, well... it DIDN'T end, but most countries for some reason... the AI didn't know how to function, and the USA dropped all army and unit building and just started building infrastructure and other provincial projects. I noticed other countries doing similar stuff. It's like they all reverted to peacetime activities, even if they were at war. It was weird. And not very cool.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I THINK it was HOI 1, anyway! Yeah, pretty sure...

The only unrealistic thing, besides technology ending prematurely, is that ancient leaders continue to live on. 120 year old field marshalls...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Both HoI2 and Doomsday could be used for this mod.
    I think that first campaign starts in 1897.

Yes, I've read about the 'time fix' and it could be quite 'buggy'.

Re ScienceTruth: I think I terminated him succesfully.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Hearts of Iron 3 release date: AUGUST 4th!!!

Roughly just over a month, and it will be available for download! I'm excited!

Looking forward to many of the new implementations.
    You can maintain reserve divisions, unlike in HOI2. I think they've also remedied the stupid air mission model where you couldn't totally control which provinces your squadrons were patrolling/bombing.

What's really really cool is the new updated naval stuff...

Ship Development
    Countries can tailor their ships more finely, unlike with HOI2 where each ship model was the same in every country.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385951

New naval combat...
    From what I know, there will be more variety in how and when ships can combat each other. In HOI2, it seemed that usually, the only ships that would fire at each other were those with longest range, with carriers being the worst and making all the other ships in a fleet basically useless. I think the new one tries to simulate a dispersed formation, where not all ships are simply lined up from big to small and that the ones that are engaging in combat are always those with greatest firing range.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.