Have you ever refused sex?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, May 13, 2010.

?

Answer

Poll closed Jun 2, 2010.
  1. Yes

92.7%
  2. No

7.3%
  3. Can't remember

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Someone I know has

7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

oh...my bad. *giggle*

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I refuse sex under $200.... although that only get you the basic service...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TBodillia Registered Senior Member

Yes, I've turned down sex.

I have some extremely horny and extremely ugly female co-workers.

I have one male co-worker that finally gave in to one of these horny, ugly women...twice. Actually, it was 2 attempts and 1 failure. The first time was in a totally darkened room (both got naked in the dark). The 2nd was with the lights on and he couldn't get it up.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

When I was younger and cuter, I passed on opportunities that I'd kill for now.

And there were the opportunities that I missed because I'm an idiot. Like one cute girl I dated a few times who had told me that she was planning on remaining chaste until she was with a guy she was planning to marry. I took her at her word, even when she showed up at my place drunk after going out with her friends. We made out, and she spent the night in my bed, but I never tried to push for anything more. It wasn't until much later that it occurred to me that she may not have really meant what she said, and probably would have been just fine with it if I'd tried. I'm really dumb.

And there was the time I got really drunk and let an overweight girl bring me home. I sobered up enough to not go through with it. Thank goodness I didn't have any more to drink than I did! Knowing that my friends had seen me making out with her at the club was enough for me to keep a low profile for quite a while after. One of the many reasons why I almost never drink anymore.

And I guess the few times I've had to put off guys who were trying to pick up on me count.

8. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I've got a better one.

In high school, I was taking karate, and there was this hot chick there that I was dying to go out with. So I pursued her, did all the classes with her, and then one day she's going up the stairs, and she looks right at me and says "You know what I really need?" and I go "What?" and she says "A boyfriend." Then she eyes me for a minute - like she's trying to, I don't know, communicate something, while I nod stupidly - and goes up the stairs, and ten seconds later as I'm nodding stupidly, trying to figure out how I can be that guy I realize oh shit, that's what she meant.

Fuck.

Anyway, I'm happy now. Worked out.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Pfft, weak.
    About 6 years ago (i.e. me aged 48) a young woman (i.e. 18) and her older sister shared a taxi with me after a night at the pub. Her sister got out at her house and I asked where the younger one wanted dropping off.
    "Oh, I'm coming back to your place, I want to talk to you".
    And as we got inside my house she looked at me and said "Are we going to talk downstairs or in the bedroom?"
    So I said.... (wait for it!)
    "If we're going to talk there's no point being in the bedroom".

10. Bells Staff Member

Scary thing is, one of them has started breeding and the other one can start breeding

Dear Lord..

You're the Tweedledum and Tweedledee of dating..

11. draqon Banned Banned

well I guess for you American men its easy to pursue American women, after all its your culture. Too bad about those two episodes, could have had it, but nope.

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Oops, two stupid assumptions in one sentence.
    Grow up and get a clue.

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Another stupid assumption.What makes you think I didn't understand?
    (Oh, and do try reading: the two episodes are from two different posters).

Liking someone does not necessarily imply liking their culture.
    And what the hell does American culture have to do with anything?

More of your anti-US bigotry.

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Oh. I assumed that meant that you have turned it down every time it was offered.
    It's not difficult to remember a small one-digit number. More seriously, you remember in vivid detail every single time you were hit on by a man.
    What's wrong with overweight women? One of my best girlfriends was huge.
    It's just as easy to find yourself being pursued by one. Our culture is all about equality.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

"What's wrong with overweight women? One of my best girlfriends was huge."

If your taste runs in that direction, nothing. But mine don't. I wish they did, because I think it would be easier to be happy. It'd certainly enlarge the pool from which I could choose. But after a certain point, Mr. Happy isn't interested, and if he doesn't want to, you can't make him.

The really sad part was that I later realized that about six years prior to that, she was a little hotty that a friend of mine was dating. They were both still in high school at the time (I was just out), and I really envied him at the time. At some point after that, the starch bomb went off.

16. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

I've been propositioned by a friends wife shortly after his death, I really can’t decide if I was right to refuse or not? She was carrying a lot of guilt because her actions might have indirectly contributed to his demise.
    I just didn’t want to deal with all that!
    Another time I turned down a girl because she was as thick as a plank, and I felt embarrassed every time she opened her mouth. But she was hot, if only I didn’t have to talk to her afterwards.

17. Bells Staff Member

hahahaaaa!

Aaahahahahahaaaaaaaa!!

Mental pic of stocky Englishman trying to do high kicks..

/Laughs some more..

18. River Ape Valued Senior Member

I have turned down sex -- several million times, as it seems to me.
    I used to live close to a famously unhealthy part of London (Kings Cross).
    Then I moved to Cheltenham, and am still regularly acosted by young women in the High Street. Difference is that now they want me to support Shelter, Oxfam, Mind, Barnardos . . . a different charity seems to take over the High Street every day.
    Worst of it is, most of the chicks in Chelt are so much more attractive than the grotty specimens in Kings Cross that one would almost be tempted. To give a charitable donation, I mean.

19. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

True story about a refusal that could have went better.

About ten years ago I refused this rather forward woman at an all night party at which my band had played. As I retired to my vehicle and attempted to sleep off the homemade wine that had settled on me like a boulder, she apparently followed.
    When I stumbled out of the truck in the morning, the first friends I met up with greeted me with an "Oh my God, you're fu@king dead!"
    I went to the rearview mirror to find a golf ball sized hickey on my neck. Better yet, I was hostng a family gathering with my in-laws THAT DAY!
    It was 85 degrees F that day....And I wore a turtle neck for the first time since the third grade..

Some women are just sore losers,I guess. My wife, however, is a god blessed saint.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  20. phlogistician Banned Banned

Ah, good, I won't be the first bloke to admit losing out on a shag by being dim.

I used to do this a lot. I thought girls were just being friendly, and failed to make advances. Hell hath no fury like a woman unrequited. Oh well.

I've also knowingly refused. Sometimes I really wanted to do the deed, but just knew there would be ramafications. It's not worth alienation for a shag. Or I thought that then, maybe it would have been, I'll never know.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

yes, felt really bad about it the last time too. PB had made everything nice for when i came home from work, dressed up sexy, got beer and dinner ready and everything and then i came down with the worst case of gastro (which im STILL not over

)

22. glaucon tending tangentially Registered Senior Member

Does being too intoxicated qualify as refusal??

23. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I'm tempted to ask members if they think I'll ever have sex, but then again I may have already I can't remember :S