Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Your Phone Ringing

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by KilljoyKlown, Jan 12, 2012.

1. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I think most of us have forgotten to turn our phones off in situations where they should have been have been turned off. But I have to admit letting your phone ring during a symphony is really bad. I know I have some embarrassing stories to tell about ring tones, but I want to hear some other stories first.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Man's marimba iPhone ring stops Mahler symphony dead

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...arimba-iphone-ring-stops-mahler-symphony-dead

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

My only embarrassing cell phone story is that I so seldom have mine turned on that I once didn't recognize my own ring tone, lol.... The phone was in my purse and the store music system was blaring. I paid no mind to the additional sound until Hubby looked at me quizzically and said, "Honey, that's YOUR phone."

Ooops!

Don't call me, I'll call you.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Okay let anybody top this. I was browsing for really far out ring tones and found one that was a woman having an intense orgasm, and you have to know she was a screamer. In any event I installed it with the intention of surprising my friends and then forgot about it. I had to stop at the local grocery store. I picked up a few things and was at the checkout station with a couple of stuffy old ladies inline behind me and a fairly good looking cashier and my phone rang. This was in Tucson Arizona where it's very hot most of the time and I had a T-shirt on that made getting to my pocket where the phone was very difficult ( I had no idea a ring tone could sound that loud). Anyway the cashier was smiling but the old ladies behind me sure had strange looks on their faces.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

There is a distinct possibility that a considerable percentage of the female population might by completely perplexed by the sounds emanating from your cell phone.

8. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I really doubt it, even the ones that don't have orgasms usually know how to fake it, and most women have been with men that have a real screamer orgasm every once in a while, so they would recognize a female orgasm when they heard it. In any event the only thing that mattered was how I felt about it at the time it happened.

9. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you could describe precisely how you felt, lol....
    Somehow, having downloaded the ringtone to use as a prank, I can't imagine you being that terribly embarrassed, save that the timing was not of your choosing.

I rather imagine you may have gotten a bit of a vicarious thrill out of your perceived 'naughtiness'.

10. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Yeah! I was embarrassed, but had a good story to tell.

11. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

12. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

13. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Yeah....I've been privileged to observe guys sharing their 'embarrassing' moments and it's really just a brag-fest, lol....

Since this IS a thread about ringtones, I need to contribute something...hmmm, maybe this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ReENiY42YA

14. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

LOL yeah, perfect example just two days ago, in Math class.

I carry my bag around with me, and I got a phone call from some random number (I still don't know who it is), but I changed my ringtone from Stronger by Kanye West to Tim Tebow's Fire (Yes, I know I am a Tebow fan, Tebowmania caught up

), but I forgot I did (plus I couldn't hear the lyrics). So, randomly in Math I go this call, and we started looking around for whose it was, after a while (my phone rings for a long time) I was like "Don't be a retard, just turn it off". Everybody looked at me and my friend and we were like "What?" and to prove it I took out my phone, but it was mine LOL

15. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

16. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

17. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

18. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Ah, sweet revenge. I’ll secretly replace the “It’s the wife” ringtone with this one.

Thanks, Stryder.

19. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

20. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

21. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

How much space do you suppose all that stuff was taking up? From her point of view I'm not sure embarrassed is the term I'd use. All that dope she lost probably belonged to someone who's going to miss it real bad.