Hash is healthy!

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by UNIVERSE TODAY, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Coward

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

You don't think he took umbrage do you?
    PS I'm assuming that since I'm now the moron (only one of the two possible choices left) I can it take as a term of affection?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I doubt if he knows what umbrage is.

Too sensitive though; needs to toughen up a bit.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Lets hijack another thread; I vote for leopold's whodunit

8. leopold Valued Senior Member

i was about to say 'lets keep this on track'

9. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I am sick of the people who get into discussions like this and uncritically spout off about the only thing that they know about the subject, which is someone's trumped-up excuse for research that indicates that there might be something wrong with pot-smoking, which trumps any other findings that anyone may have, which the writer doesn't know anything about anyway. Since the one who brings that information in has no way to actually evaluate how likely it is to be true, they characterize it as "a risk." Then this pretty much trashes any headway I might have made with the results of serious research because, frankly, most of the readers are undeserving of any respect because they are too stupid to go out and research it for themselves. So I fucking quit.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I suppose your "research" has been peer-reviewed and published in a recognised publication?

11. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I'm sick of DRUG PUSHERS posting freely on the web.

You want to do it thats your call, why are you here promoting it?

You can't even see the effect it has on you, so why presume to dictate the effect is has on others and their relationships? I am not talking out of my arse when it comes to any kind of drug I can talk about them all as I've seen the effects of them all on peoples physcial appearance, confidence, paranoia, mental health, relationships, work.

The guy I quoted in my 'who dunnit ' post is a university lecturer, he used to smoke on way to work, at work, after work. Now he's trying to give up he's having two months off work cos he can't cope with out it??? His mind is fucked. He would not tell you before he got some clarity after coming off it for a period while using that he was addicted. This man is noones fool, he is VERY intelligent. I'm saddened at the way things turned out for him. But only now can he say 'yes' he was addicted, yes it was detrimental'..TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

I have friend a nurse whos does cocaine and she boasts about the people she's initiated into this habit. They say alocholics hate to drink alone. There is an expression, bring everyone down to your level.

I have been at her parties and been one of just two who were not pesuaded to use cocaine. I have an iron will and won't do anything I don't want to, not everyone is like this. YOU are doing a dangerous thing here telling youngsters who may be coming under peer pressure to use drugs, that this is ok, it's not problematic when right now it might not be. A few more spliffs down the line tho and all you do for a social life is smoke weed with your buddies and write poems about the environment. Then a few more yrs and your cock doesn't wanna work, a few more yrs and your 'buddies' aren't flowing so you can't have kids. A few more yrs and you need antidepressants to top you up.

Yes druggies do have good jobs that or they steal, they bloody have to to pay for a habit like that!

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

How addictive is marijuana?

There has been conflicting research linking marijuana and addiction. Although pot has not shown signs of causing severe physical dependence and withdrawal symptoms, associated with drugs like cocaine and heroine, marijuana often causes psychological dependence. This means that the user experiences a psychological need for the drug and its effects in order to function on a daily basis.
    If I quit marijuana, will I experience withdrawal symptoms?

The severity of withdrawal symptoms depends on the level of your habit, but if you smoke heavily, you are likely to experience psychological withdrawal, such as feeling sick. You may also experience chronic fatigue, headaches, mood changes, and feel depressed or anxious. Other withdrawal symptoms include nervousness, insomnia, loss of appetite, chills, and tremors. Impaired brain functioning can include short-term memory loss and inability to think abstractly.
    http://www.princeton.edu/uhs/hi_drugs_smoking.html

it should be pointed out that psychological addiction is the same addiction that you experience with coffee

13. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I am sick of people like you pushing any kinds of lies you want on the web. I have you pegged, don't I? You're one of those who repeats braindead drug-war rhetoric without thinking.

Cry me a river.

I don't use. You presume an effect from a habit that I do not have. Yes, you are talking out of your ass.

I'm not buying it. I think it's one of those cheesy reefer madness stories that people pull out of their asses for occasions like this.

Exactly what anti-drug people try to do.

I will buy you a gift certificate for a whole box of cookies.

Woo, woo, you think you're something special. Woo, woo, you think you're something great. So you're a rocket scientist. That don't impress me, much.

And you think that lying to them about it the way that you do is safe?

You and your stupid "gateway effect" anyway. That is proof positive that you and people like you don't think about what you say before you say it as if it were a fact.

The fact is that caffeine is an addictive drug that is hard to withdraw from and it is the introduction to drugs for most people. Just because it's legal does not change that effect. Then people are told that drugs will solve their personal problems and problems with their children's behavior. All of this is as politically correct as your little speech up there, which mean's it's dead wrong!

14. q0101 Registered Senior Member

I read most of the post in this thread and I have come to the conclusion that it is almost impossible to convince some drug users that marijuana can be harmful. MetaKron can say what ever he or she wants to say about marijuana and Theoryofrelativity can say what ever she wants to say. People will believe what ever they want to believe. I smoke marijuana occasionally, but I have the common sense to realize that it can be harmful.

Arguing about the pros and cons of smoking marijuana is like arguing about the pros and cons of smoking cigarettes. It reminds me of the stupid people in the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, and 80's that actually believed that cigarettes were not harmful. They ignored the fact that they were inhaling massive amounts of smoke everyday until one day in the future when they found out that they have lung cancer. I am amazed that people are actually able to sue tobacco companies in the U.S.A. " Your honor I didn’t realize that the two packs a day that I was smoking for 30 years was going to make me sick. The tobacco companies should have told me about the dangers."

You people can go on arguing about marijuana, but I think it is obvious that it has some positive side effects and many negative side effects, especially if you use smoke large amounts of the drug on a regular basis.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  15. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Q0101, it is about as difficult to get people to believe that pot is not harmful as it is to get them to read a book that they don't want to read.

And we're still going to wind up with the legalization of "small amounts for personal use" that will provide all of what little bad effects there are and none of the large scale benefits. There is only so much that anyone can smoke. Marijuana that has gone to seed is a worthless smoke. The only worthwhile smoke is the unfertilized bud. What I am grousing about now is that the smokable, which is useless to me, will become legal long before the industrial, which requires large scale production to be useful.

There are only two available technologies that are relatively inexpensive and provide a net gain of usable energy over petroleum. These are hemp and wood. Wood is not a convenient liquid fuel like hempseed oil is so it doesn't work as well unless you do want to feed it every few hours.

16. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Birdsplat.

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

Hey Metakron, it seems you are lacking in some real life experience here, and ToR and I are more experienced than you in this area. If you had ever met a spliff casualty you'd know that 'Hash is Heathly' is a LIE. I have known people completely fry their brains with the overuse of spliff. I have seen the affects on people. It's not propaganda, it's real. REAL people with short term memory problems. REAL people who find basic maths hard. REAL people who are damned near unemployable.

Hey Tor, odd to be agreeing with you for a change, but good work. I've been away on holiday, thanks to you and everybody else for exposing Metakrons BS.

18. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

So Metakron SIMPLE question, if its so good and beneficial WHY exactly is it you quit it again???? WHY

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  19. perplexity Banned Banned

.... like me.

I have somehow managed to stay afloat, alive and out of jail despite LSD and shit, long ago, certainly not because of it.

I have seen others go gaga, catatonic, totally freaked out.

I have also witnessed an epileptic fit brought on by "casual" drug use, ... not a pleasant experience, with everybody standing around, half way out of their minds, reluctant to call an ambulance for fear of being busted.

--- Ron.

20. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Thank you for this Ron, this is what we need more of, real stories from real people affected by these things.

21. perplexity Banned Banned

I oten wonder what eventually happened to them, the adventurers I knew back then.

Most have vanished without trace so I assume they're dead and gone. I'd like to know if anybody happens to know what became of Rufus Frampton, this one

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1045339/

... no trace at all since the early 70s. The zeitgeist was that acid as going to fix all the ills of the World but I don't know that it did so much for them.

I heard that one was put back inside for rape after they'd let him out on the drug conviction.

Some turned up again connected to politics, Gerry and Martin in Northern Ireland, and another on the Front Bench of the House of Commons. Hello Clare, if you happen to read this. Give me a ring if you find the time. What became of Ray McNulty?

With some of those still around it is curious when I see their eventual biographies, the way that what I saw of them seems to have vanished without trace, whole chunks of their lives overlooked, REAL people with long term memory problems, presumably.

--- Ron.

22. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Keeping pot illegal gives a monopoly price to the people who sell it and "get away with it."

23. leopold Valued Senior Member

we are talking about THC not LSD.

i am sure you have seen others 'go gaga', THC isn't for everybody.
    did you know penicillin will kill certain people?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.