Has there been any advancements since this?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by zgmc, Mar 22, 2015.

1. zgmc Registered Senior Member

I know there has been some, but as far as our big understanding?

jabbaska likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Thanks. here is talk 4 of 4:
    Talk 3 on QED notes it is in agreement with experiment to the accuracy our finite computers can calculate for photons and electrons (or other items that have no internal structure, like muons... I. e. are points.) but not exactly correct when there are interaction with items, like protons (or collections of them we call nuclei). This not currently known "correction" to QED theory is subject of talk 4.

As personal note:
    I'm an old fashioned Ph.D. physicist - I think in terms of fields, like an electric or gravitationally disturbed space, that causes the motion of items with charge or mass to be curves; but accept that fields are fictions. I just can't do the more correct and much more mathematical physic of QED, but Feynman does describe it well, via sum of amplitudes of each of the possibilities - his "Feynman diagrams." My knowledge of nuclear physics is very limited - things like magic number nuclei are more stable, that the three quarks do seem to associated with in large nuclei as sub groups (alpha particles) and binding energies are due to fact masses are not sum of the separate masses.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    jabbaska likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. zgmc Registered Senior Member

Last night I found another series of videos on the some topic. Better quality audio and video. This is the first one.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.