Has anyone read the book Thiaoouba Prophecy?

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Thiaoouba, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Thiaoouba Registered Member

Some people say it is a science fiction... some people believe it is real.

It has very interesting topics discussed in the book.

Has anyone read the book yet?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I've smoked a bit

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and, even though, it scored a 4.09 on this thing:https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8698337-thiaoouba-prophecy I also got a laugh at this comment:

This insane and deeply racist book was, remarkably, reprinted a few times in USA. Relates a ridiculous and (unintentionally) very funny account of alien abduction. He (the author) knew the abductors were very clever because they spoke French! Some of it is so absurd that I was crying with laughter; but at some point the reality of it (in all seriousness) sinks, and it is also very sad. The author clearly has a mental illness. The publishers must have known, and yet cashed in on it, knowing he would be the but of constant ridicule.

Although I think the freedom of speech is important, including for people with severe mental illness, this book is so obviously irrational and contradictory and so profoundly racist that I feel the publishers have used a vulnerable person callously for their own profit.

exchemist likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It certainly could be the very real ravings of a person with mental illness, yes.

Even the author's description of his own book seems to be confused rambling.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

It's a fairly common theme in science fiction: a Utopian society that doesn't do the things we don't like about our own society. The question is: could our society become Utopia by emulating theirs?