Halo vs Star Wars

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by ProphetofWisdom, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Skullkid Take your pick..... Registered Senior Member

Ummm...correction. It takes 6-8 months to make a Star Destroyer, where a fleet of 10 phantoms would only take 2-3 months. So, technically, my "invincible" fleet would stand a chance against a star destroyer.

P.S.: It takes 1-2 years to make a Super Star Destroyer.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Okay, how bout a grenade?

Besides the fact skull, they can pierce the armor worn by the halo races.

Which considering the fact that a full clip of kinetic bullets would rip away the normal body armor piece of cake, the ability to penetrate really is no bragging rights.

The fact is what makes you think that an organism the size of a small cat has enough muscles to force its way through armor meant to stop laser blasts (even though it does a crappy job of it)

Besides the fact that stormtroopers are so notoriously innacurate you could have the parasites fly and they still couldnt get more than 5 feet into the corridor.

And the first guy that brings heavy weapons and your entire flood is annihalated.

While I generally do not think the empire in star wars is competant in any measure, I do think the only sci fi race less competant are the ones in Halo.

To prove my point, there are hundreds of thousands of covenant soldiers and heavy vehicles on a flying ring, and they still cant kill one guy with a pistol and an outdated bullet type rifle. That is some incompetance of the highest level...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

And than again, Ive played halo, and I have never seen more than 100 to 200 parasites at a time. And considering the fact that they would have a hard time finding that many people to infect in the first place I call bullsh1t.

Maybe on the entire ring there are that many, but not in one place.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

theres already a huge fleet of star destroyers at the empires disposal they can kick you're butt without needing to build anymore. they have tens of thousands of them now and 6-8 months isn't that long, by the time you even damage the first group thousands more will be ready not to mention all the smugglers and other ships out there. they'd match any fleet you'd putt together.

8. ricrery Banned Banned

You are a fool fedr808, in the AotC:ISC, the 30 year transport ships do 200 gigatons with MEDIUM turbolasers, and in "Survivor" a 400 gigaWATT blast knocked down the Enterprise's shields, fact is: 200 GIGATONS >>>>> 24 MEGATONS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>> 400 gigaWATTS. That's FACT.

Let's look at the source:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigawatt#Multiples
    Gigawatt

The gigawatt is equal to one billion watts. This unit is sometimes used for large power plants or power grids. For example, in 2009, the installed capacity of wind power in Germany was 25 GW. The Nuclear Plant Doel has a capacity of 3 GW.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Acclamator_I-class_assault_ship#Offensive_and_defensive_systems

"These ships were armed with 4 heavy torpedo launch tubes; 24 point-defense laser cannons, rated at 6 megatons per shot; and 12 quad turbolaser turrets, each rated at a maximum of 200 gigatons per shot.[6]"

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Photon_torpedo#Overview

"A photon torpedo with a 25 isoton yield can destroy an entire city within seconds. (VOY: "Living Witness") "

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Munificent-class_star_frigate#Offensive_and_defensive_systems

Banking Clan star frigates were light CIS warships armed for heavy combat with oversized guns, a massive twin turbolaser cannon, and two long-range ion cannons for use against capital ships.[3]
    A Munificent-class frigate attacks a Consular-class space cruiser.

Complementing the heavy weaponry were 38 point-defense laser cannons for anti-starfighter firepower, and 26 twin turbolaser cannons and 20 light turbolaser turrets for flexible response.[3] Some ships dispensed with the heavy twin turbolaser.[9]

The twin turbolaser cannon was powerful enough to melt an ice moon measuring 1,000 km in diameter or pierce the shields of a 10 km-wide Grade III battle station.[3] Four Munificent-class frigates were enough to outgun one Venator-class or Victory-class Star Destroyer.[10]

The ship had high-performance sensors with a range of several light-days positioned on the dorsal side of the ship. A forward scanner was situated on top of the vessel's command tower.[3]

So... in any case, Star Wars RAPES Halo who would MASSACRE Star Trek, but Trektards will go "NO DAY UZ LAZARS DAT CANT HUTR ENTERPRISE!" even though they use plasma and it's millions of times stronger than what any ST ship could do.

9. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Now Halo being superior to Star Wars, thats hilarious, I'd just love to see your references or sources for this, I can guarantee Star Wars has more destructive and effective super weapons, and thats if you include the seven Halo rings.

10. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Oh really, I'd just love to see your proof on how the Forerunners are so "superior" to the SW galaxy, I can almost guarantee they are not.

11. ricrery Banned Banned

They also have the Celestials and Kwa and more ancient civilizations that would ASSRAPE the Forerunners.

12. George1 Registered Senior Member

well the empire had thousand of them and thousand more being build during
    the Galactic Civil War!

13. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

There is a problem, the ISD is not the Empire's only ship, there are many other warships in the possession of the Empire, and not all of them is built by KDY, and takes 6-8 months. Also its not 6-8 months per warship it is 6-8 months per batch, because the Empire and KDY have numerous shipyards. Or better, point the Sun Crusher, Centerpoint Station, World Devastators, Superlasers ( which includes both Death Star, Eclipse-class SSDs and other superlasers ), Galaxy Gun and other super weapons and you won't have time to say your prayers.

14. George1 Registered Senior Member

plus that,they build the second death star in 2 to 4 years,which is over 900 km
    in diameter,proving that a mere 1600 meters Star Destroyer would require far less that 6 months.

hell,shipyards like the kuat shipyard were so large they encircled the planet like a ling.Others two did that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Don't forget the Mon Calamari shipyards which is just as large and other shipyards. Kamino, a little known planet built the GAR secretly in 10 years, I don't even want to mention the CIS. They also built most of the Death Star during the clone wars, while under constant Republic attack.

16. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

All very true, I really dont care what anyone has to say for the Forerunners fighting us, even with the Flood and Forerunners against SW I still many advantages to stop both of them.

17. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Just aim the Galaxy Gun and Centerpoint Station ( both super long ranger weapons, capable of totally annihilating targets from across the galaxy very close to instantaneously ) at a safe distance, pull the trigger and yell "Banzai!".

18. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

True, even with the Halos and Forerunners I don't see anyway the Halo side can win.

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

True, very true

20. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

skullkid everyone but you agrees that starwars would win against halo and they have evidence . wheres youre evidence at

21. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Just because Halo is a decent game, that doesn't mean its superior to Star Wars in a fight.

22. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

I agree Halo is decent, but Skull kid, I'm pretty sure you've lost, everyone here is against you, and if you really want to fight all of us, be my guest, and just for future reference I'm always up for debating Star Wars and Halo in a one-on-one debate or something similar to that.

23. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

First: How did this go from GE Vs. Covenant to everything SW Vs. everything Halo? *Points at OP made by my brother when he controled this account*

It didn't do the Forerunners any good at all. Besides, the Flood Infection Form can easily get through the

Robots numbering the trillions with MT+ firepower sure helped the Forerunner, ahem I right?

Ease enough: The Elites are in a non-combat area when the Flood is released and don't have enough time to turn on their shields before being infected and turning on other Covenant seconds later.

The Stormtroopers run out of ammo, the Flood keep coming and kill them.

They boil away the oceans and atmopshere in teh area of 1-12 hours with 36 ships plus slag the crust. That is something to brag about since their ships take that level of firepower thanks to the Halo Enc. with its 1.17 Teraton ship MAC rounds. *Points at Spartan 117 and then at MAC calcs* The 1.17 is pretty damning when you think about. I mean what are the chances it was a mistake when it has one of the all mighty numbers in it?

You mean plasma easily in the low TT range.

Right, that is why we see all those planets being glassed everytime... oh, wait, we don't. Cite source please or the all powerful Irken Empire will have to turn the UFP into a parking lot planet sector.

Proof of Feds or other races having it? As I recall from my readings on MA only the TOS Doomsday Machine had that weapon.

Can you come up with something that can be 1. Easily read. 2. A real argument.

Cite source on this armor please and proof the Empire has it at the time in the OP.

You kill hundreds or even thousands of Infection Forms and a dozen or two combat forms. You are then infected when you run out.

The Infection Form was only able to pierce the black suit below the outer armor of the MC. Flood Combat Forms can easily rip through metal.

It is when you kill in one hit and send the person that is wearing it a dozen + meters (based off how a Spartan of armor at 14 was able to kick a suit of power armor 6-8 meters with a kick. Flood Forms are far stronger and normal Marines do not wear power armor so tossing a dozen meters is really a low end).

The Infection Form gets in thrhough the black suit below the armor.

Incorret. The Flood Infection Forms can climb on the walls and ceiling also. The Stormtroopers run out of ammo and are infected.

The Flood continue to attack until they run out of bio-mass or the enemy runs out of ammo. If it runs out of ammo then the Stormtrooper is infected.

Feel free to back this up with a source besides your say so.

Right, how about we go with canon where the Covenant is streached thin across the surface of the ring and thinking the humans as a bug that they don't really bother with. The Master Chief never faced anywhere near hunderds of thousands on the ring at a time.

Called game balance for one. Second the Flood was trying to repair the T&R and the PoA to get off the ring which is where the bulk of their forces went.

That would once again be wrong since we have seen that many in Halo: The Flood.

There is no way the Empire can manage to deploy tens of thousands at one.
    Maybe ten thousand, but not much more or they may start having a few problems at home until they can make up for it in new ships.

On industry: The UNSC after the Battle of Reach built 70+ new ships-67 Frigates and 8 Marathon class-Cruisers plus an unknown number of SMAC platforms (possibly none).

I have no doubt in the long run though that the Covenant get curbstomped once Hyperspace lanes are set up in 2-3 years, more likely less then 2 years.

The Forerunner BDZ'ed planets for most of the war and closer to the end of the war battlegroups started to use their Slipspace engines to cause the local system star to go super nova. This barely slowed the Flood down.
    The Forerunner built vast fleets of SSD size shis numbering in at least the tens of thousands and many smaller warships plus an unknown number of planet sized true Shield Worlds (Most likely seven to go with seven rings) and an unknown number of the false Shield Worlds/Shipyards seen in Halo Wars that housed thousands of Dreadnoughts and could build many more.

See above. If the Forerunner want to be really mean they just hop in a Shield World Slipspace rift and fire off a Halo Array in the SW galaxy and laugh. The fact is you could shoot the Slipspace rift with the Death Star and could not harm it because of the nature of Slipspace.

Cite their feats please, your say so without proof means nothing.

Proof? Source? As I recall most of the ISD types were built during the 20 years between RoTS and ANH.

Unless I miss-read on the timeline most of those weapons are not around yet.
    And if your falling back to super weapons already that can be seen as a sign of weakness meaning you do not think that GE ships can take on the Covenant. Just saying that is how it can be read.

Incorrect, I'll see if I can find the qoute later but one Star Destroyer at Kuat takes 6 months to build. But Kuat should be able to build a thousand or so per year.

Cite the other planets please. And *Yawn* The Irken Empire laughs at your silly little ring and turns Kuat into another parking lot planet.

Unless I miss-read again this is purely GE vs Covenant and Mon Calamari is in rebel hands last I checked. CIS is dead at the end of the Clone Wars and the GE didn't seem very thrilled about more of them after the war.

The Forerunner can easily beat the GE as I have shown with many of their feats. The Flood I can agree on if they do not get the drop on the GE... say we drop Poop/Flood Charity on top of Imperial Center,

The Galaxy Gun is not around yet and they have not figured out how to use Centerpoint Station yet by this point.

Sure, I would. I'll lose with the Covenant, possible win with the Flood if they get the drop on the GE, and wipe out the galaxy with ease with the Forerunner. Also correct me if I miss-read anything. Have to go now.

In the end the Irken Empire shows up and conquers all of them!

UNIVERSAL CONQUEST IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!