Halo vs Star Wars

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by ProphetofWisdom, Aug 2, 2009.

1. ricrery Banned Banned

Oh, Shogun states the Eclipse could beat a Battlebarge with a shot of its superlaser with no proof. You state the Galactic Empire beats the Forerunners, with ignorance and wank. Pretty much that leaves 2/3 of the Warsies corrupt or ignorant. Plus, one Covenant ship can defeat the Cylons because of its shields and weapons.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

You've posted things with no proof before.
    You post that the Forerunners beat the Galactic Empire, even Prophet questioned that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Even I forgot about it....anyways, it is powerful enough to render a planet COMPLETELY uninhabitable and pretty much turn the crust inside out with one shot.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

He ranted about I thing I did..............., and I DID give prove, go back and look for it.

8. ricrery Banned Banned

So? In "Caves of Ice", a flotilla of battleships firing a few volleys on one spot can do the same thing, as COLLATERAL DAMAGE.

9. ricrery Banned Banned

Really? I did give proof. Proof that even your precious Executer is equal to one weapon on a common warship.

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

You have to remember the Superlaser is NOT its only weapon, it is it most powerful yes, but there are still A LOT of turbolasers, TIEs ( bombers and fighters ) .ect on it. Keywords: flotilla and few volleys.

11. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

What the hell? I never really liked the Executor, so why did you say "Precious Executor"?? Also....you are not very trustworthy with numbers are you?

12. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I never said you didn't give prove, I said I DID give prove.....

13. ricrery Banned Banned

Oh yeah. Days to weeks of petatons is far stronger than what the Superlaser could pump out. The Battlebarge has teleporters, giant 200 ft torpedoes that do 610 gigatons and drill as well, triple digit teratons to 3 digit petaton lasers and weapons batteries, and the super long radius Nova Cannon. The flotilla was attacking an underground base the size of the continent, and the effect collateral damage to the entire planet.

14. ricrery Banned Banned

I'm going off SD.net numbers.

15. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

What the hell is a battlebarge in the first place?

16. ricrery Banned Banned

A 10+ km Warship that only numbers in the several thousands.

17. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

From what Sci-Fi?

18. ricrery Banned Banned

Warhammer 40,000.

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I don't know much about it. I will consider my point void due to lack on information on my part.

20. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Do you realize just how stupid you sounded saying the SW galaxy hasn't existed for far longer than the Halo Galaxy? Haven't you ever realized what the letters at the end of each date means? Dear lord, and you have no proof on even the numbers, I want exact numbers not estimates. End of story (on that brief note). I have given you numbers, but if I somehow forgot to post them, just say so and I will do as such, to prove their superiority over their fleets. And by the way you have arrogantly neglected to even mention any Forerunner fighters which could even compare slightly to a TIE fighter or any of its relatives.

21. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

:bugeye:Its the same goddamn universe. Both galaxies are equally old. But in terms of known civilization SW is older because of the Celestials(sp?) being around since 1000,000 BBY.

The SW galaxy is not a trillion years old because it is in this universe which is only 13.5 billion or so years old. Civilization as far as we know they are older.

We don't have very many hard numbers so have to make estimates. The best example of Forerunner build time is it took the Ark 1-2 months or so to build a new Halo ring.

Firepower numbers: Go to Forerunner thanks to OVS which give us a benchmark. Starting fleet numbers: Go to Galactic Empire. Later Fleet numbers: Go to Forerunner for a far larger industry as demonstrated by their building of multiple planet+ size structures towards the end of the War will still being able to easily keep their war footing with the Flood that had at least 5 million vessels at the time (see Halo 3 Terminals of the last battle before the rings were fired).

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And now we all know you know almost nothing about Halo since we don't know a single thing about Forerunner fighters beyond that they have them (Terminals Halo 3 OB mentions throwing around Dreadnoughts like fighter craft near Slipspace ruptures). And now maybe you would like to explain what fighters have to do with anything when they can't hurt either sides ships except for a few weak points like the ISD bridge tower?

22. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Oh really? I know nothing of Halo?Now that's funny. I might hate Halo, but that does not disclude the fact that I know more of Halo than you assume.
    But first off, you have neglected to even mention a single fighter in record or that is even believed to have been built by the Forerunners which could stand up to any fighter from Star Wars. And on the whole galaxy point, we do not know how long it has existed, all we know for an exact fact is that Earth is about five billion years old, and it's considered young compared to estimated ages of the other planets.
    And you really want to compare the accomplishments of Halo and Star Wars? Be my guest, and I'll show the far superior accomplishments of Star Wars.

23. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

I said "almost". First you we have the "Forerunner Keyship had to use hit and run against the Elites and they were weak on the ground next to them!" which clearly shows either you knew nothing about the event in question or was being dishonest. Next there is the fighter, but I was still I a little ticked off from the Keyship part so I apologize.

Has something to do with the fact WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM BEYOND THEY HAVE THEM (H 3 Terminal MB mentions throwing around Dreadnoughts like fighter craft near Slipspace ruptures).

YOU claimed an age so burden of proof is on your to prove they are older than the known universe. I don't doubt they could be several billion years older but saying a trillion requires supporting evidence.

Which planets?

You were talking about numbers on Forerunner Vs GE so I once again pointed out were everything seems to fall with current evidence. I know very well that there are older SW races that have accomplished some feats great then the known Forerunner feats. But overall the advantage goes to the Forerunner in a war with the Galactic Empire.