Halo vs Star Wars

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by ProphetofWisdom, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Not really. It was just the thing that fueled it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

It is the thing that drains the power from the Jedi and use it to power it.....No power, no destruction....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Not just Jedi, the force harvester "drained" the force from everything within the radius.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Usually Jedi, because they have more Force energy.

8. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

*Appears out of shadows* Alright, I found time for this thread again.

Will, was it a SW Vs. Halo video, did it have anything to do with Halo Wars" Because I want to see if the information on this is correct or not.

CATS: Hahahahahahahahahaha. I have removed the bomb and placed within your leader. Activate the dimensional gun, send them to a pocket universe where they will be destroyed. *CATS laughs as the Daleks all explode in another universe*

...The Forerunners had at least tens of thousands of Dreadnoughts, which in battlegroups could cause pre-mature stellar collapse in stars forcing them to go super nova. They do have more destructive weapons/engines and more of them then SW has super weapons.

And the Forerunners have tens of thousands of Dreadnoughts that in battlegroups can force stars to go super nova.

Star buster.

Based off of DS, planet buster only.

IIRC just drains the Force or something from living creatures.

Planet buster.

Planet buster.

IIRC it was stated to be a BDZ level event, though it has been sometime since I read the book so I may be wrong.

IIRC Destroys droids.

Planet buster.

IIRC builds planets.

IIRC this was a system of sats that block out the sun or work as cloaks.

BDZ level firepower. Ion Cannons can take out fleets.

Hm, I've never heard of one just called "Planet Killer" before. *Takes notes to go to Wookiepedia later.*

*Same as above*

Not a super weapon. Just builds a vast amount of ships in a short amount of time.

IIRC this was an ancient Sith version of the Sun Crusher.

Star buster.

*Same as the Planet Killer and Shawken Device*

IIRC this wasn't anywhere near planet busting levels and is a Force power.

IIRC planet buster.

Fleet of WD can devour an entire planet in several months.

Total Sub-BDZ weapons: 3 not counting the Dark Reaper.
    Total BDZ level weapons: 2.
    Total Planet Busters: 7 counting WD.
    Total Star Busters: 4 assuming that Super Nova Spell lives up to the name.

9. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Centerpoint Station can crush a huge armada to a pancake across the galaxy, and the Galaxy Gun can own planets across the galaxy....just aim and fire.

10. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Incorrect. The Force Harvester drains the force from everything within a radius. The energy it drains is used to power the Dark Reaper, which is a floating fortress type weapon. Strictly used in land combat.

The reason I know this is because I played Star Wars The Clone Wars (no not the crappy animated TV show) and the Force Harvester was unleashed on Kashyyk (due to abundance of life) and the energy was used to power the Dark Reaper.

11. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Star Forge literally drains the star....

12. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Wrong again Prophet, your weapons are easily destructible, even a small fleet of Star Destroyers could take a Forerunner fleet, must I remind you of how much TIEs a Star Destroyer hold in its bay? The Sun Crushers could easily destroy your fleets one by one, as they come out of slip-space just because there are ruptures, it does not mean it can destroy a Sun Crusher, and even if they are there, then they avoid the ruptures and attack the fleets individually destroying each of them with just one missile each. Face it, your outpowered. Nothing you have can cause a super nova in one blast.

13. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

:bugeye: Thousands of OVS reach the Teraton range. Their a sphere a quarter of a meter in diameter with three booms each 3 meters long surrounding it. These tiny craft vaporize Covenant destroyers that can take at least a single Teraton hit to the hull before being destroyed. Now consider scaling that up to a 14 kilometer Dreadnought. Forerunner ships are easily more powerful than Star Destroyers.

Here's a little something I found at SB now.

Yeah, ship to ship combat between Forerunner ships and Star Destroyers is easily in the Forerunners favor.

And when have TIE fighters been a threat to a ship that can withstand Teraton impacts to the hull? TIE fighters are low kiloton range, their only a threat to weak points like the big giant bridge tower with easy to shoot windows.

The Forerunner could close the ruptures if the Sun Crushers are not destroyed (given that the laws of physics completely break down near uncontrolled Slipspace ruptures I doubt it would survive).

Yeah, problem is the Forerunners can out run super nova… like anyone else in SF with an FTL drive. Really, even if we assume that the Sun Crusher can not be destroyed there is nothing stopping the Forerunner from simply luring it near a Halo and killing the pilot.

And that means what when the Forerunners have enough ships to cause thousands of stars across the galaxy to go super nova within hours? The Forerunner have on standard a greater level of firepower, a more powerful industry, and outnumber the Empire. The Empire can not win this war.

14. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Oh really? Show me the shit of proof you have that shows that their engines even destroy planets, proof and link. Now, otherwise your point is invalid.

15. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

See Terminal 2 quoted from Halo 3: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Terminals

Terminal 2
    And from the Halo Encyclopedia.

Edit: Also see the end of Halo Wars.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  16. Ryushi Registered Senior Member

Also, look at the last sentence in page 169 of your quote, it more sounds like an accident, and might I remind you of how long the Sw galaxy has existed? Literally for thousands of generations, which easily factors over more than a trillion years. We have more experience, larger fleets, more types of fighters, more stable planetary destruction when called for, and better tactics in general, hit and run does not work with them because all the enemies the Forerunners have faced were poorly equipped in the fields of technological prowess. The Elites were poorly equipped, and you know it, if it wasn't for their cowardly hit-and-run strategy, they would have not lost, as the Elites were much better in ground combat encounters.

17. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

To add to Ryushi's statement above SW has the Interdector Class Cruiser. It holds a gravity-well generator which could easily hamper any hit and run tactics. Mainly the run part.

18. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

:bugeye:An accident that they set off a super nova? It point blank saids they forced the star to go super nova with a battlegroup.

:bugeye: "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..." Its not a trillion years old unless it survived the death of the last universe.

1. More experience only gets you so far.

2. Larger fleets is in the Forerunners ball park with their far greater industry.

3. And fighters mean what? There are only a few areas they can damage at all on a ship on either side.

4. Conceded that with super weapons they do.

5. "and better tactic in general"? RIGHT. Mind backing that up?

:bugeye:Hit and run tactic would work. The only enemy we know the Forerunner fought was the Flood which had stolen Forerunner technology. The Flood was on nearly equal feeting with the Forerunner.

Being dishonest are we? That was a Keyship that only had part of its weapon system online and could only use at most 10 percent of its output and was using hit and run tactics to destroy entire pre-Covenant Elite fleets. Oh, and it was the Prophets that were poor in groundcombat (10 Prophets = 1 Elie as I recall) since this event took place around 100,000 years after the Forerunners left the galaxy.

Wouldn't work against Slipspace drives. We see them used by the Covenant deep within planetary gravity wells.

19. ricrery Banned Banned

I'll be defending Forerunners now.

20. ricrery Banned Banned

Okay, let's start off.

First off, the Galactic Empire is INCAPABLE of creating durable ships. The 150 kiloton asteroid in ESB PROVED IT. Without your precious shields, your ships are nothing. The Sun Crusher can probably take only a few hundred petaton, considering that's an output that the Galactic Empire ships cannot manage. So, if it was hit by anything in the petaton range, it would explode in a painful death. The Forerunners are MORE than capable of creating that much firepower. That superweapon shit is done for.

Second, you must clearly be thick to assume that their different time lines mean anything. They have the tech that they had before, and no wanking is going to help.

Third, the Forerunners were just stupid idiots because they didn't treat the Flood as a massive threat to the galaxy. If they were smart earlier, then the Flood would have never come. Also remember this, the Galactic Empire LOOKS like a threat, so they would destroy it early. Game over Galactic Empire.

Fourth, the Keyship could withstand many teratons, while an Acclamator could only withstand 38 teratons before going BOOM.

So, Forerunners win, I am a member from Factpile, and I know, the Galactic Empire LOSES.

21. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

^This I can believe.

^This I can not, so I assume that ricrery's account has either been hacked or he is joking around.

22. ricrery Banned Banned

No, I'm still around. Except Omega now thinks BSG beats Halo. Now I know that all of them are corrupt fanboys.

23. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Do you think all Germans are Nazi's?
    Basing an entire type of people based on one person isn't right.
    And everyone here except you knows that I am for Star Wars. I have clearly stated that several times.
    And you know I was ragging on you about BSG. However I don't see how any ship's shields could withstand a volley of 100 nukes.